[Guide] 2020 Pride Definitions

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Muschi, Jun 1, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

2020 Pride Gift Definitions

It's June, which means it is LGBT Pride Month!

To celebrate LGBT Pride, ATA made it June's monthly theme; not only do they provide avis, furni, and a spin set, but they've also dished out some Pride-themed exclusive gifts for $10,000 in-game cash.

Some players were inquiring about definitions for some of the identites ATA created gifts for. As a forumer and a bisexual woman, I decided to create this guide to assist with the basic definitions. I posted a similar thread last year that received generally positive feedback. It appears to have been culled when forums received it's update, hence my repost.

I will divide the gifts by sexual orientation and by those based on gender identity. There is also a miscellaneous section for terms that did not fit in either of the previous categories.

Sexual Orientation

Below are the definitions of the gifts based on sexual orientation, in alphabetical order. The -sexual suffix has been removed by ATA in the gifts, but I will use them below for clarity.

Abrosexual*
    See bisexual. Emphasizes the fluidity of one's attraction.

Akoisexual*
    Experiences attraction, but is not interested in the attraction being mutual between parties.

Aromantic*
    Does not experience romantic attraction.

Asexual*
    Does not experience sexual attraction.

Autosexual*
    Does not experience attraction to others, and focuses solely on admiring oneself instead.

Bisexual
    Attraction to two (or more) genders.

Demisexual*
    Attraction felt after experiencing platonic attraction.

Gay
    Attraction to one's own gender.

Gynosexual*
    Attraction only to people with vaginas, regardless of the person's gender identity.

Lesbian
    Attraction to one's own gender, where both parties identify as female.

Pansexual*
    See bisexual. Specifies attraction to all genders, instead of the slightly ambiguous "two (or more)" defintion of bisexual.

Polysexual*
    See bisexual. Puts emphasis on the "(or more)" clause in the definition of bisexual.

Skoliosexual*
    Attraction to nonbinary people.

Please note: "Sexual" in the context of sexual orientation refers to the gender(s) one is attracted to, and not any explicit R-rated actions. While the idea that sex and gender are two separate things is prevalent today, in the years that the LGBT community was first formed the two terms were used interchangably. Many people misunderstand this.

* Controversial within the LGBT community as to either whether or not they qualify as LGBT (or a sexual orientation in general) and/or whether the microlabeling of larger, more broad identities is necessary. I will not expand on this and this thread is not a place to discourse about it.

Gender Identity

Below are the definitions of the gifts based on gender identity, in alphabetical order.

Agender
    See nonbinary. Specifies that one does not identify with any gender.

Bigender
    Identifies as two (or more) genders.

Demiboy*
    See nonbinary and bigender. Specifies feeling both nonbinary and male.

Demigirl*
    See nonbinary and bigender. Specifies feeling both nonbinary and female.

Genderfluid*
    See bigender. Used interchangably with genderflux, although genderfluid is the more popular of the two.

Genderflux*
    See bigender. Used interchangably with genderfluid.

Genderqueer*
    See nonbinary.

Neutrois*
    See nonbinary.

Nonbinary
    Does not identify within the traditional gender binary of male and female.

Polygender*
    See bigender. Emphasizes of the "(or more)" clause within the definition.

Transgender
    Does not identify as the gender assigned a birth. Most often is within the traditional gender binary of male and female (ergo, assigned male but identifies as female, or vice versa).

Trigender*
    See polygender.

* Controversial within the LGBT community as to either whether or not they qualify as LGBT (or a gender identity in general) and/or whether the microlabeling of larger, more broad identities is necessary. I will not expand on this and this thread is not a place to discourse about it.

Miscellaneous

The identities below are definitively not LGBT, but the communities often overlap or work together politically due to some similar forms of oppression faced.

Intersex
    A medical condition in which an individual is born with both male and female sex characteristics. Can present physically and/or in the chromosomes.

Two-Spirit
    A cultural and religious identity specific to some tribes indigenous to the Americas. Instead of the culture consisting of the traditional male and female binary, there is a "trinary" in which one can be more either male, female, or two-spirit. Two-spirit can present similar to nonbinary, but has a deeper cultural and religious meaning and is not one that non-indigenous people can identify as.

Below is a term that does not fit in any of the categories listed above.

Androgynous
    A way of presenting oneself. Often a "mix" of masculine and feminine traits. Sometimes used by LGBT people, but can also be presented by cisgender* and heterosexual** people.

* Cisgender means identifying as the gender one was assigned at birth; always male or female.
    ** Heterosexual means exclusive attraction to an opposing gender.

Important Information

Please do not discourse about your personal opinion on the identities and their validity in this thread. This thread is not for debating and is merely meant to provide the definitions. Make your own thread for debates. Thank you!

I also want to remind everyone of ATA's policy on homophobia and transphobia in the community: it is not allowed. You can find their explanation on it (as well as examples of what qualify as homophobia and transphobia) in this thread. Please be respectful.

Let's especially focus on our black LGBT brothers, sisters, and siblings this month. The black community is facing increased scrutiny right now, and our communities can intersect. Teamwork and love above all.

Other Guides by Yours Truly

Avatars on PIMD | Chat Channels | Extra Credit
    List of Mods/Devs/HS | PIMD Crates | Relationships
    The Battle List | The Official PIMD Timeline

[​IMG]

2. Clean and informative as always Hailey! Thank you ๐Ÿ’•

Fawn, Maddi_Matsu and Muschi like this.
  3. Thank you! This was every helpful๐Ÿ˜Š

Muschi likes this.
  4. Gynosexual is actually someone who only dates OBGYNs

5. You're welcome!

6. A lovely guide to see, as always!
    โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿค

Muschi and Day like this.
  7. Honestly this was the first thing I thought when I saw the word

LetsGoBrandon and Day like this.
  8. There was this story on fb a long long time ago about this obgyn who allegedly proposed to one of his patients he'd been dating by pretending to find a ring in her...area, and I have never stopped laffing since

Fawn, Maddi_Matsu, Muschi and 2 others like this.
  9. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Isn't dating one of your patients unethical though? Imagine how much money I'd have saved if I married an OBGYN

Maddi_Matsu, Muschi and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  10. Mmm I'm not sure if that counts for obgyn. I think that only counts for when you'd be considered in a position of power over the person you're dating

11. I would say being the person's doctor counts for being in a position of power over them. I think it'd be unethical if they were your OB/GYN before you started dating.

12. My father in law is a Dr. He's not allowed to be our Dr. But he's the first person we call to decide if we need to go to the dr or not

Muschi likes this.
  13. I mean. You can always easily find a new doctor. Position of power implies they can manipulate you or smthing

14. Hmmmm. Interesting

15. Autosexual are those guys who get off more from their car's noisy exhaust than with people. You can usually spot them blowing vape clouds out of their windows at red lights.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  16. I was thinking more along the lines of that one guy from โ€œMy Strange Addictionโ€

Muschi likes this.
  17. Since this a label thread... what does one call the people the fall in love with objects? I cannot remember

18. Hi used but HHC as IH y he HD his xh

19. What?