NEW FEATURE πŸ”’ 2-Factor Authentication! πŸ”’

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATAClaptrap, May 24, 2023.

1. Hey Peach Mami,
    Appreciate the feedback regarding the once per device piece. I'll be sure to pass that along, it's not something we haven't thought about, but there may be limitations. I'll make sure its brought up with the team to see what is possible. In the meantime if you have multiple alts reusing the same email with .'s or +'s up to 5 times is still a viable option!

Also this update will come to Apple too, its just easier to roll it out slowly for android users first to make sure there are no bugs.
    We do our best to keep things like for like across both versions of the app, and the offers on the Offerwall I know are not as good on iOS, that is something we are also exploring!

Appreciate your sharing your feedback here.

xPeachMamii- likes this.
  2. Hey Tea!
    I understand your pain with email inbox limits, not our intention to make that more challenging for you.
    If you have a number of alts you'll be switching between, I'd suggest setting up rules that delete those emails after a few days!
    Heres a google tutorial on how you can do some of that stuff!
    https://support.google.com/a/answer/151128?hl=en

3. Facebook as their own 2 factor authentication, so no changes there for folks!
    Good question!

xPeachMamii- and PrincessLola like this.
  4. Sorry about that Diko!
    This will replace that system, so if it isn't "verified" now, you need not worry!

5. Why did I get silenced for saying "cash app" like are you serious

6. I haven’t seen the rollout yet !? Am I late or did I already do this πŸ‘€πŸ˜…

7. It’s a third party app, it’s also used for cash transactions, asking for either are against tou. If you feel as though it was an unfair silence you can always try to appeal it

8. Coz its a 3rd party site. And theres no reason why you would even need to mention it unless you were trying to get money from people

9. Well alot of us feel like we are getting screwed over.
    How is someone supposed to send a help ticket if they can't even log on? Also have you personally tried to send a help ticket? Its impossible to get help. I get that they were probably flooded with stupid things that can be found in forums but what about the things that cant and the bot don't cover it?

10. Then you tap i need to talk to someone. And write your issue there. Ive had 0 issues with this new system and getting a response from the support team

11. I just get more of the bot, but still how can someone post a help ticket if they can't even log on?

Noen and Aphrodi-Tie like this.
  12. I love this! Thanks for adding 2fa.

13. I’m confused on this works for the +5 emails do I just go onto my ID and put +account 1/2/3/4 ect for their new emails and ATA will sort it out? I no longer have access to my emails I registered with 3y back as their fb accounts/emails have been deactivated also is this just for gmail or other emails like outlook/yahoo?

Amor_E_Morte likes this.
  14. Ata are a billion dollar company, why do you think they give a fuck about any of us, especially if your not a spender.

15. Do i need to set up the + email accounts on gmail first or just put myemail+thenegativeone@gmail.com in the ATA system when changing emails. Cause I keep getting email is invalid message when i try. And i agree 2fa should be optional, im not a child and can make my own choices on account safety thankyou very much, ffs i dont even use 2fa on my bank accounts. Sort your shit out ATA or face losing alot of players.

-Dreamer and Devils-Daughter like this.
  16. i want to make an alt (my email is verified on my main) and now when i want to logout it’s threatening me saying i have limited disconnects before i can’t login to my main account anymore?? i’m an apply user

17. Ata should focus on making the game more interesting fr not giving us more workπŸ•³οΈπŸšΆ

ProfessorMoreau, Haley and Tizzy like this.
  18. If you can't get back into an account, just make a new one and skip through the tutorial and you can submit a help ticket.

Pick the account recovery option and then pick "ATA ID Email" or "ATA ID Email, but its not a real email", there will be a few steps that will lead you to the verification bot which asks you for all your account details for us to verify you are you and then we can get yah helped out!

Biggest thing is to grab your purchase history from your email or apple/google as thats a major part of verification :)

19. You should be able to ignore that.
    Thats part of the old system, which isn't part of the new system.

xPeachMamii- and GoddessHailey like this.
  20. So the way this works, is that our system will think each of these emails are different emails!
    But because of how gmail and many other email clients work, all of those emails will still send through to youremail@gmail.com.
    So this means you can basically use the same email up to 5 times!

ATA ID: youremail+account1@gmail.com, youremail+account2@gmail.com, youremail+account3@gmail.com = GMAIL: youremail@gmail.com

876528888906 likes this.