NEW FEATURE Email Link: Making Account Recoveries Easier!*

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATAMarceline, May 4, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

Please note that in order to access Email Link technology, you will need to update your PIMD to the latest version at the App Store. If you are already on the latest version, simply restart your app! Please note that Email Linking is only available to brand new accounts made after this feature release.

Hey all! Here's a quick intro on how Email Link works!

The tl;dr:
    (because everyone knows the tl;dr should go at the top of the giant blocks of text and not after it):

โ˜ž This only applies to new accounts that register with an ATA ID after this feature is released.
    โ˜ž Email Link makes it so you never have to remember a pesky password! The Email Link will be sent to the verified email address/ATA ID you set up on your account and you can use that to recover an account!
    โ˜ž You can still choose to use a password, but you won't be able to use the Email Link method for account recovery.
    โ˜ž You can update your ATA ID without ATA's help moving forward!

Registering a New Account
    When you register your brand new account with an ATA ID, the Email Link will be your default login method. You can still decide to use a password instead of the Email Link by tapping on the password option instead! Note that once you've decided to use a password, you won't be able to use Email Link as a way to log in.

Once you enter your desired email address, you will receive an email asking you to verify that email address. Once you've verified it, you're ready to go! You can now use Email Link to log in to your PIMD account anytime, anywhere!

Using Email Link to Login
    To log in to your PIMD account, simply hit 'Recover Account'. Type in your ATA ID. You will then receive your Email Link! All you have to do is head to your email inbox, tap on the Login button, and this will open up your PIMD account on your device. Hurray! Easy as pie. ๐Ÿฅง

Changing Your ATA ID โ€“ Available to ALL Existing Accounts!
    With this new update, you can change your ATA ID yourself without having to wait for Apes to finish eating their bananas smoothies to help you out!

Simply head to your account page, tap on 'Change My Email' and type in your new desired ATA ID. You will also be asked to enter your account's password to confirm it's you. Once you hit 'Change Email', you will receive an email asking you to verify the email address change. As soon as you confirm, your ATA ID is now updated!

Note that your password is going to remain the same with the updated ATA ID and changing it is a separate process.

Troubleshooting

I made an account before this feature โ€“ can I still use Email Linking?
    Nope. This feature is only available to new accounts!

I signed up for Email Link but didn't get an email!
    If you didn't receive the email, check in your Spam/Junk folder. Sometimes, it can also take a couple minutes to arrive. Make sure you've typed your email in properly!

I got the link but it says it's expired!
    Your Email Link can only be used once and will expire after 30 minutes. So get to it!

I got the link but it won't open PIMD!
    You must click on the email button from the same device that requested the link. If you try to open the link from a desktop or a different device, it won't work!

Another possibility: make sure PIMD is still installed. The link must be opened with PIMD (see the example below for Android). If that still doesn't work, try accessing your email from a different app (if you are on Android and if checking emails from a browser, Chrome seems to work best!).

.[​IMG]

#1 ATAMarceline, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
  2. Ooh this will be nice for anyone going forward ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

3. Love this! Should help to lessen the amount of help tickets you need to answer as well. A great feature alongside that inactive name-change one from last year. ๐Ÿ‘

4. I can't find "Change my Email" button in account setting. I uninstalled and installed an app again.

JADAKISS likes this.
  5. You are not a new account.

InkdMedusa and MariaManologlou like this.
  6. This will be really helpful for new accounts. Good idea guys, should make things easier for players and devs alike ๐Ÿ™Œ

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  7. Good user interface

8. The op says this particular feature is supposed to be available to all existing accounts. ๐Ÿ‘€

-bunny-foo-foo_ and Muschi like this.
  9. Yes. Old accounts that are yet to link can use it.
    You have to update.

But if you are already linked, this feature will be unavailable.

10. Oh, yes, I see. It sounds like then that the update hasn't rolled out to his device yet. I know it hasn't for mine. ๐Ÿ‘€

Victoria likes this.
  11. I have no idea what this means. But cool.

12. But for changing Email id they mentioned "ALL accounts"

13. WoW ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿคงnoice uwu

14. :)

15. Whoa! This is awesome

16. Tysm! ATA this is really awesome feature!

17. What if someone use a fake email, is there anything going to happen to the account? Or it won't matter as long as they remember their password?

18. It says that the email has to be verified, so Iโ€™d assume that a fake email would not work.

Why would you use a fake email anyways? ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Muschi likes this.
  19. People that make accounts to sell on the Black Market use fake emails.