NEW FEATURE Email Link: Making Account Recoveries Easier!*

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATAMarceline, May 4, 2020.

1. READ THE EFFIN TOU BEFORE COMMENTING BRUH

Privacy Policy
    Last updated: May 24, 2018

A Thinking Ape Entertainment Ltd. (“A Thinking Ape”) respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that we collect through our games, mobile applications and other products (Kingdoms at War, Party in my Dorm, and Kingdoms of Heckfire) ("Games") and websites at athinkingape.com, kingdomsatwar.com, partyinmydorm.com, and kingdomsofheckfire.com (“Websites”) (together “Services”).

If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.

What personal information does A Thinking Ape collect and why?
    A Thinking Ape is a gaming company, headquartered in British Columbia, Canada. Our main business is to publish game applications online and through downloadable applications.

For more information about A Thinking Ape, please see our Website at athinkingape.com.

The personal information that we may collect about you through the Services broadly falls into the following categories:

Information that you provide voluntarily

Certain parts of our Services may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us, to begin playing Games, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.

Information that we collect automatically

When you use our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. This information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.

Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Services, including the games played and the pages of our Website accessed.

Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.

Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below.

Information that we obtain from third party sources

From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources, but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.

Who does A Thinking Ape share my personal information with?
    We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:

to third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information.

to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;

to a potential or actual buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed or actual purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;

to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.

Intoxication likes this.
  2. Are you worried about A.T.A sharing your data with a) legal entities or b) companies that merge with and comprise their body in various ways?
    Yeah B could be bad. Is that Alphabet? Could it be handed up to Alphabet?

I think the answer is: probably not.

The data they collect like device type and IP addresses, I have seen used for technical support and addressing glitches, as well as for IP bans (which only happen in severe cases).

The different data they collect serves different purposes and isn't collaborated/conglomerated with major internet entities that have other data on us, and put together.

That is to say that I don't believe there is one big company that collects and links your internet data to your birth record or IP address in a way that would be overly concerning.

It's important to be critical of what they collect otherwise you can end up sounding paranoid.

I would ask for clarification on the last bit about giving the data to buyers or mergers.
    "provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice" this stipulation is the main thing reassuring us that our data will be in good hands but I don't think it does well enough. There is no indication of appropriate selection of the data shared... Sounds like some company could ask for everything on you and then take it, and pass it on to a company that maybe manages its finances on the front but actually conglomerates your data and disregards privacy policies in the background.

3. Bruh THEY COLLECT THE SAME SHIT, THEY SELL AND BUY THE SAME SHIT....

YOU CLICKED ON DISCORD LINK GUESS WHAT?
    YOUR INFORMATION GETS PASSED BY WHATEVER ENTITY THEY SHARE WITH...

WHAT ATA DOES IS NO DIFFERENCE THAN WHAT FACEBOOK OR ETC DOES...

BUT THEN AGAIN I WOULDN'T EXPECT YOU TO KNOW THIS CAUSE CAUSE YOU AIN'T A PEN TESTER LIKE I AM

Lollycurls likes this.
  4. There is also the question of how long they keep various data.
    Dude, why are you getting mad? Also pens have nothing to do with this. Using extra jargon to demonstrate your field is unnecessary because appealing to your field and not even using concrete reason is bs.

Are you worried about a.t.a's data servers being hacked and scanned? Or about what they willingly give away?

kyle4311 likes this.
  5. *Cough cough* I can't say to much other than It's easier said when you don't know... So with that Being said "IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW"... also I'm not mad I just know wtf I'm talking about (whoever)@Athinkingape...

Lollycurls and kyle4311 like this.
  6. Side note: You should've seen me when I was using line

7. U are fighting

Intoxication likes this.
  8. My friend account email has been blocked and i cannot recieve a recovery email link to open the account.Is there any other way for recovering that account...

9. You can try sending a help ticket on another account, or try creating a password with this link http://www.partyinmydorm.com/transfer/reset.html

Campus and Seriously like this.
  10. Account sharing is against tou. You can not qccess their account at all

11. There’s a slight chance of asking you 7 questions but I don’t think you’ll be that lucky. On any case you can tell ur friend his better off starting a new account.

12. Nahh going by what they said. The account got banned coz it was being shared between people. Coz account sharing is against tou. Its not possible for them to get back access to their friends account

13. sucks man sorry !

14. How do I access an account with just the name. I think I know the email but it says I don't have an account with that email

15. You cant. You need the email or facebook login that you used for that account. You can only have 1 account linked per email or facebook account

16. If you linked the same email to this account then your main has been unlinked. So send a help ticket to ata explaining the situation. Then anser the security questions. Then provide them with a different email address for them to link the account to

Atlas likes this.
  17. Hey I lost my old account Crowmod and I Idk how to log back into it

18. Send a help ticket explaining your situation

Atlas likes this.
  19. Tbh it would be great if u could make avaible for players who are already register and same with the new starter avis
    U could make them avible in store for like 10-15ecs