Facial Tattoos

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WhoTfIsWesday, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Most "beauty" trends are painful tho. A lot of female celebrities are quite underweight from painfully starving themselves and ppl find it attractive. Tattoos and piercings hurt and people find it attractive. High heels are torture devices til you're used to them and people find them attractive ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ idk

Muschi and Victoria like this.
  2. That's awful

Corsets I find are similarly... barbaric. And while those were never made illegal, they did fall out of fashion... until this new obsession with "waist training" got started. Like you're not training your waist. You're just deforming your ribcage. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  3. Hmm, you make a good point. I guess for me, the pain of breaking your feet bones and then walking on them everyday just seems so much more extreme. Although, I guess starving yourself is pretty close to that extremity, though my food loving brain can barely comprehend it. Tattoos, piercings, heels, even plastic surgeries are all pretty temporary in terms of pain though.

4. Corsets are fairly comfortable actually. I wear one at least one day a year for the Renaissance festival. Sometimes for other events/just for fun ๐Ÿ˜… waist training is terrible though, but was never a thing back when women wore them regularly. Tight lacing wasn't even a thing until late in the 19th century, right before the trend ended. I can't really drive my car while laced, but most of mine are long lines, and the way the car seat is shaped just... Isn't the right shape for the forced rigidity of the spine, haha. I actually really like the support they offer for the spine. I find I have no trouble breathing or eating, even when I get it tightly laced by someone else (it's, admittedly, difficult to properly lace your own).

Edit: o. I lied a bit. I haven't worn one in a year, because I drank too much wine apparently and needed a new one when I went to get dressed this last fall ๐Ÿ˜ญ

5. Thatโ€™s super weird

Why does it say you quoted Jaco and not me tho?

6. No clue

7. Just because they're comfortable doesn't mean it doesn't cause severe damage your ribcage. It all boils down to deforming your body for beauty standards.

8. What I meant by comfortable was that they didn't deform the body. At least, for the majority of the time they were trendy. Mostly, they were made to the persons exact measurements, and weren't meant to even be pulled tight. They weren't even really able to pull them tight enough to cause deformity until the metal grommet was invented at the end of the 19th century.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  9. The women often didn't walk on them. That was why it was viewed as luxurious because they often had to be carried or just didn't move very much. And foot binding pain is temporary. It only hurts while the feet are actively being deformed, similar to high heels

Muschi likes this.
  10. I think its the same as wearing spanks tbh (ignoring the waist training part cause thatโ€™s definitely horrible)

Victoria likes this.
  11. Oh, huh. I always thought that they hurt every time you walked on them afterwards, which was why they didn't walk on them much. At least, I figured it would.

12. I don't agree with spanks either.

13. They can't balance on them because they're so tiny. Not because it hurts, but because the feet are entirely nonfunctional.

Victoria and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  14. And the shape since they're no longer flat once bound.

Victoria and Muschi like this.
  15. Oooh my grandma has a pair of foot binding shoes from her parents when they visited China.

They are beautiful, but unreal
    But they use foot binding so they couldn't run away either

16. ... I know what it is. You quoted the wrong ign๐Ÿ‘€

17. My bad. It wasn't meant to be directed at you, qt

Trendsetting and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  18. I like dressing well. I don't wear Armani suits or anything. More of a Polo, A&F, and Hollister fan. I guess fairly basic. Idk. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ
    So, facial tattoos as a fashion accessory is also saying Mike Tyson and Aaron Carter are fashionable? ๐Ÿ˜‚ I guess it's subjective really.

19. Fashionable is subjective, yes. Your opinion is also subjective. By your logic, caring about your appearance is attention-seeking ๐Ÿ‘€

Victoria likes this.
  20. But really, getting face tattoos was a joke, right Thursday? (I just remembered why you blocked me)