Thankful, Grateful, and Blessed

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Sherz, Nov 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am seeing this now after i posted my thanks ,,🤧 Best of luck to others ,all entries are lovely n beautiful just like u all ppl

Destinyy likes this.
  2. https://imgur.com/a/sLWQ1UE

My entry, a short poem about being grateful for the time I get to spend with my partner, and just being with him in general. I'm going to spend my life with this man 💕

Lucas likes this.
  3. I’d be lying if I said those old pains have gone away.

While time certainly does heal all wounds, some scars are too stubborn to be scrubbed off of–too overwhelming to be escaped from. And it’s funny how the universe has a way of reminding you of the past. Those old bundles of clothes strewn throughout the room, those dusted books dying to have their tales explored, all nudges to days bygone. And I’d be lying if I said those small reminders didn’t push me to the brink of tears every time they manifested. Shoelaces unraveling that cause my throat to swell, preying eyes that linger a second too long and prickle goosebumps on my skin, and forks plummeting to the ground that sound like nails on a chalkboard–they’re all echos of times better left forgotten.

Though I can’t exactly say I’m at a place where my mind is at serenity, I can undoubtedly say that through all the pain that’s happened to me in the last few years, I’m thankful for living, even with the continuous sting of every new day.

Because despite the world and its sadistic way of shoving the past back into the present, I’m grateful for how my resilience has grown each time it breaks it down, for how I smile when the sunlight dotes upon my skin, and especially for how I cheer when I’ve overcome something tremendous.

Though my path carries vast suffering, and on many days, I long for a version of myself that doesn’t have to cry when I fall, I’m thankful for how the past has given me an undying determination to live to see another day–and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

4. I have so much to be thankful for. So to do this short and sweet. Ive had a rough few years personally, but I'm tough and getting through stronger. I had surgery on Monday for on-going sickness issues. Surgery for me is dangerous, let alone the actual operation. Two open operations at once. Life is uncomfortable, and im slowly but surely recovering and healing so all I can say I am thankful to be alive.

5. Your story reminded me of something a chick on britains got talent said ages ago.

Dont wait for life to stop being hard before you decide to be happy.

Or something like that.

Same kinda vibes as you need maybe

6. Ligit question...whats the difference between thankful and greatful. Or is it the same thing

7. Good luck everyone!! Can’t wait to see everyone’s entries! 💚

Lucas, QUBY, Destinyy and 2 others like this.
    #48 Sherz, Nov 10, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
  9. Hi, so being thankful is about feeling pleased or relieved. So when you’re thankful and someone holds the door for you or you feel thankful when someone comes into your life and makes it better, you say Thank You. Gratefulness is when you’re showing appreciation for something that is done. So for the person that opened the door for you, maybe it’s a friend, you buy a gift or for the person who came into your life , you gift them or do something to show appreciation and that you acknowledge what they did for you.

Hope this helps🫶🏼

10. So
    thankful = say thank you
    Greatful = give them stuff
    ?

11. thankfulness is FEELING pleased and relieved. Gratefulness is SHOWING appreciation for something done or received

Being thankful is what you felt and if you return the favor or showed in any way that you are really THANKFUL it means you are GRATEFUL.

Something good happened/ Something was done for you ➡️ Because of that you are Thankful (what you felt) ➡️ You said thank you/ treated them nicely or gave them gift (because you are thankful to them) ➡️ You showed how grateful you are (you gave back what made you thankful)

12. I wrote this poem for my sister showing how thankful I am for her and how much she mean to me

So like I had this thing going on within myself for so long,
    I felt like I had a hope I had a place to belong,
    Not all them then were true,
    Not all of them were untrue,
    But it didn't matter when I got a glimpse of you.

You're my saviour,
    My soul,
    My earth,
    Maybe the only lover of my incorrigible behaviour.

I will not compare myself with moon again, because it is so lonely and I'm not,
    I do love and annoy you with everything I've got🫶

I don't have a hope now,
    A hope that made me think I can be better,
    Nah I'm not following that hope ever again.
    I do have a hope I got a place to belong to,
    A hope that changed my world from
    A crybaby to an
    other crybaby again 💗

0ni and Lucas like this.
  13. @
    @Insolent is my sister

0ni likes this.
  14. In this life and the next
    I follow at my heart’s behest
    And in its tender beating I find you

Your warmth is there
    Your joyful laughter and gentle care
    As I find myself in awe of you

There has yet to be a day
    In which we do not laugh away
    Any obstacle put before us

You who loves me
    Who accepts me and says we
    Are a perfect song waiting to be sung

Thank you for all you have done
    Thank you for being the one
    Who shares your heart beat with mine

—————

I hope you enjoyed my small poem 😊
    I look forward to seeing more beautiful entries!

Lucas, Miso and MudBadgerPie like this.
  15. I wrote this poem about my dog, because I am constantly grateful for her but I feel like I don’t often acknowledge how she might feel if she could communicate to me. Writing another poem about myself, so it’s okay if this one is disqualified since it’s not technically me grateful.

Thank Goodness

by MudBadgerPie

Here I am, just a dog dozing in the rain

Curled up tight, with my tail tucked between my legs,

Listening with drooping ears to what the air might say,

Watching sleepy droplets fall until I hear my name.

I raise my furry head and with my clinking collar tags,

I crack a smile and I rise, making sure to snag

My favorite toy that lays nearby to show you and to brag,

That’s my person ! That’s my friend ! Thank goodness you came back.

I slowly wiggle my way by, a silly little pace,

Wagging my tail at the sight of your sweet smiling face,

The sprinkling rain encouraging the warmth of your embrace,

Thank goodness that you’re here with me, you are my happy place.

You stomp your shoes, I shake my toy, throwing off the damp,

So that we both can tromp inside and break out of the trance,

That slows us down and makes us sleepy, makes us feel so cramped

Thank goodness that you treat me with soft words and gentle hands.

The house’s warmth is magnified, my comfort is pronounced,

Your hand behind my ears is simply heaven, I avow,

A welcome change from the cold fingers of the stormy clouds.

Thank goodness that I won your love on my last day at the pound.

You close the doors and windows, to shelter our domain,

And make me dinner, as I watch the drops slide down the panes,

The time that I spend with you makes my life feel less mundane,

Here I am, just a dog, smiling at the rain.

Lucas likes this.
  16. To clarify, I will be writing another poem so that if this one gets disqualified I’ll submit the other. I won’t be doing multiple entries

17. I’m sorry but that would still be considered multiple entries 🥹 it doesn’t matter if your first is disqualified, you only get one chance. We can’t allow you to submit a second time unfortunately.

Lucas, MudBadgerPie and Sherz like this.
  18. What I’m thankful for

Im thankful for the life that was giving to me because without my parents there will be no me I’m thankful for my health I’m thankful for the life I created my family is my world my everything my heartbeat without them there is no me I’m thankful for my friend’s without them I have nobody to share my growth my happy day’s my sad day’s and just things about life I’m not just thankful for me but I’m thankful for everybody that’s around me I’m thankful for the simple things it don’t take much for me to be thankful because when I open my eyes in the morning to see life again there is no better thankful then that we can be thankful for anything but I’m thankful for what life have given me the opportunity and ability to do the best I can the up’s the down’s the good the bad so when you ask me WHAT I’M THANKFUL FOR MY ANSWER IS LIFE

Pink_Vixen

Lucas likes this.
  19. Okay, no worries then 😊

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.