Thankful, Grateful, and Blessed

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Sherz, Nov 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Read what it says

2. Honestly, I’m thankful for learning how to self love. I’m ofcourse thankful for my kids and the family I made ♥️ But let’s face it we ourselves are our worst enemy. I hated myself for such a long time, got in the way of everything. It’s true you must love yourself first too accomplish and love to appreciate everything else. I’m taking care of myself mentally and physically. I’m accepting who I am, accepting I don’t need to please people I need to accept and love me. I’m here for a reason and we just don’t always know what our purpose is for a long time but we all have one. Since loving myself I get up everyday and my kids get the best of ME. Seeing them with a happy mom makes their lives so much better, so much more fun, since if I suffer they see that, everyone sees that. We have such a short time here, why hate ourselves? Embrace yourselves! WE ourselves matter. We are the biggest fans of how we see ourselves at the end of the day.
    I love me, I love learning who I am, I love being happy with the person I am, I love how I smile more, I love how I laugh more, I love how I’m more bubbly, I love how I’m not always angry anymore.
    I love how I battled my demons and didn’t let my deep depression win. I fought for ME literally against me.
    I’m thankful I woke up from my own nightmare of myself.
    I can do stuff I always said no I can’t to “why!? Why put and discourage myself I can do anything if I really want it”
    I just hope this doesn’t sound cliche because I fought so so hard to love me again, it took 13 years and I’m just so grateful I’m now realizing this and being happy 😭 my happiness with myself was a ripple effect. I just hope someone will read this and realize they are so much more than what that voice in their head tells them otherwise.
    It was a eye opener for me and I just can’t say enough that I’m honestly so thankful for fighting and loving ME again ♥️

Deusa, Destinyy and Lucas like this.
  3. In the symphony of life, a melody of gratitude,
    A heartfelt ode to moments, both small and viewed.
    To the sun, a constant painter of the azure sky,
    I'm thankful for the dawn, the day's first sigh.

Golden fingers that chase shadows away,
    Revealing promises anew in the sun's gentle ray.
    In warmth's embrace, solace and inspiration blend,
    A timeless dance, a bond that knows no end.

Beneath the velvet night, the moon takes flight,
    A silent companion, weaving dreams so bright.
    Soft glow whispers secrets to the sleeping earth,
    A lullaby of gratitude for the night's gentle rebirth.

Trees, stoic guardians with branches wide,
    Stretching arms offer shelter, in wisdom they guide.
    Rustling leaves compose nature's sweet poetry,
    A song that echoes in the chambers of my heart's decree.

To friends who walked beside me, through laughter and tears,
    In the tapestry of relationships, where time disappears.
    Vibrant threads woven, enduring and true,
    Shared moments and memories, a mosaic in view.

Yet, in the mirror's reflection, a soul looks back,
    Weathered storms, danced in sunlight's track.
    Thankful for resilience, lessons, and strength untold,
    A journey of self-discovery, a story to be told.

Gratitude blooms like flowers in the spring,
    A timeless dance, a melody to sing.
    To someone, something, and even to me,
    A heartfelt thanks, in the tapestry of eternity.

-SKYGURL-, Aeri and Lucas like this.
  4. Why should I be grateful for the small things I have?
    Humans or people has their on desires, wishes and wants. I'm one of them! I have a category of things in my notebook that I wanted to buy for myself, family and friends. Such as those shoes, clothes, bags and etc. Sometimes, I felt sad because I can't buy those things because of lack of money and they're so expensive. However, when I came to think those lower in me. Those poor people who can't eat 3 times a day, those people who don't have a right leg to walk or those people who don't have a hand and etc. By thinking of this I felt so grateful to god. I'm grateful like even I can't buy the shoes I want, I still have a leg to walk on. In which, I always remind to myself that we should be grateful for what we have even the smallest things we have. We should be grateful.

Lucas likes this.
  5. [​IMG]

ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇsᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ.
    ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜɪs, ɪ ᴡᴀs ᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ sʜᴏᴡᴄᴀsᴇ ʜᴏᴡ
    ᴏᴜʀ ᴀxᴇʟ, ɪᴍᴘᴀᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴠᴇs. sᴏ, ɪ ᴀᴍ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴅ ɢʀᴀᴛᴇғᴜʟ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀғᴜʟ ʜᴏsᴛs ғᴏʀ
    ɢɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴛʜɪs ᴏᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴜɴɪᴛʏ. ૮⍝• ᴥ •⍝ა

Miks, No, IoveIy and 8 others like this.
  6. [​IMG]

ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇsᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ. ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜɪs, ɪ ᴡᴀs ᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ sʜᴏᴡᴄᴀsᴇ ʜᴏᴡ ᴏᴜʀ ᴀxᴇʟ, ɪᴍᴘᴀᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴠᴇs. sᴏ, ɪ ᴀᴍ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴅ ɢʀᴀᴛᴇғᴜʟ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀғᴜʟ ʜᴏsᴛs ғᴏʀ ɢɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴛʜɪs ᴏᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴜɴɪᴛʏ. ૮⍝• ᴥ •⍝ა

Miks, Mareena, Liliya and 5 others like this.
  7. Take 2 🥹 I forgot to put my ign on the 1st post

Alyra, Mareena, Liliya and 3 others like this.
  8. My Hour
    I know I have a lot to be thankful for.

"You're better off than them.”
    "They have it worse!"

I know that;
    Of course I do.

But does it mean that I'm ungrateful
    if I am unhappy just because someone out there has it worse?

Didn’t feel fair to me.

I refocus on my work.
    Approaching deadlines.
    Endless projects.
    So much to do.
    So tired.

I think about my one hour.

I should be thankful.
    Because I have a job.
    I have the means to survive.

So I plaster
    A new smile on my face

Reply emails
    Voice out at meetings, proactive
    Send follow-up messages
    Reply more emails
    and as the clock ticks on

My hour creeps closer.

My brain muddles
    My eyelids heavy
    My back sore
    My battery depleted

I clocked out.

As always, my journey home
    Was a flight
    An expert autopilot
    Knowing the route like the back of my hands.

I drown in gratitude
    when I find myself
    back home.

My work tag
    My bag
    My socks, my clothes
    On. The. Floor.

I sank onto
    The floor.
    No. I AM the floor.

The bliss I feel when I allow myself
    to cease to exist
    for just an hour.

Out of the 24 hours in my day
    This is the hour
    that I feel the most blessed,
    Most thankful,
    Most grateful.

To have space to myself,
    To be formless,
    To be in silence.

Silence is a weird thing to be thankful for,
    but is it so hard
    to understand
    when I say that I feel
    peace, serene, and calm
    in this one hour for myself?

… In this hour,
    It doesn’t matter.
    Nothing does.

And in this hour,
    I’m blessed. `

[Anjing_Neraka]
    [PIMD] `

[​IMG]

I wanted to put this in a scrolling comic version for visualization. Not sure if allowed, but if yes, I'd like for it to be my entry. Here it is :)

the progress GIF is limited to a certain height only so it doesn't quite show correctly either 😅😅 https://i.imgur.com/pvm6nJH.gif

IoveIy and Deusa like this.
  9. Just FYI whatever is in the comic is actually the same copy as the full text one, in case that wasn't fully clear 😅 just submitting the visualized version along with the text only

10. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

No, Burningrose, Fadly and 2 others like this.
  11. What am I thankful for? Well.. there are a lot of things, but the most thankful for anyone I've ever been in my whole life is my boyfriend. He has helped me through so much these past 3 years, and I hope to God that I never lose him. He has been my rock through so much already, and I want to live the rest of my life with him. He has gotten me out of my toxic household that eventually fell apart when I left, he has taught me how to drive in his own spare time when no one else would, he helped me buy a car by putting the down-payment on the car loan I needed, he convinced me to get a better paying job than retail and helped me apply for different places, and he even pushed me to get mental therapy because he knew that I required it. Before him, I was trapped and depressed about how cruel life was to me.. I felt worthless and didn't think that anyone would take the time to help me like he did. He is my rock, my love, my hero. I know that he would never see this, but he already knows just how grateful I am to have him in my life.❤️

IoveIy, Tatoru and Sleepy_kitsune like this.
  12. This literally sounds like my relationship, although I'm not quite out of the toxic household yet 😭 keep going and I'm wishing you both the best life together. ❤️

13. In my country, there's no such thing as Thanksgiving Day. we've never learnt to thank people on a specific day or at a specific time. I won't go out of my way to write a thankful note to win some prizes, now that I've got the chance to really thank people in my life, I'll do it without any expectations. I'm thankful for all the days when my mother took care of me when the world was against us. I'm thankful for the handmade pickles my grandma made us, whenever i threw tantrums about how bland the food tastes. I'm thankful for my maid whom i lovingly call 'didi' in my native language (which means sister), for the times when she did my chores and saved me from my mother's wrath. I'm thankful for all the women, who have made me who am I. They have told you how weak you sound or how emotional you are but I know, twenty years of my life would have gone to waste if that one woman didn't push me out or without another woman pushing me to do my best. Thank you, I see you, I hear you, I love you.

14. Since the moment I gained consciousness, I knew that 'daylight' isn't my thing; I don't belong to it. I kept thinking about my future and my past. I didn't know how to survive. I tried to follow the dim light that kept fading. I kept running, and I kept falling until I realized that someone was standing beside me.

I never realised that "someone" is my own kind, My beloved sister!
    She taught me how to survive in the Abyss, how to conquer the bright side.
    She told me "If the darkness is all you see, may be you're the light?"

They say 'my spring,' 'my sunlight,' but I can say she's my all seasons, and with her, I don't need the daylight. Being grateful is such a small term, and I could never express it even if I use all the alphabets and all the words. I can never say how much I adore her!

@Slacker 🫶🏽💖

Akumu likes this.
  15. I really wanted to say him a 'Thankyou' during his last days at hospital, but unfortunately couldn't.
    I still remember how he used to tease me by seizing my red doll. I was 3-4yrs back. He used to come at my grandmother's house with his cycle n we had played a lot.
    It's my brother; my first cousin.
    We then left grandma's house n brought our own far in the city.
    We saw eachother again after 11yrs on my grandpa's death. That's when our frndship got reconnected. And ya the best sleepover of my life I had with my cousins there, he made me taste my first drink, talked our hearts out, danced, went crazy, that cousins night is unforgettable. He really loved us. Always prioritizing us, treating us, protecting us, fighting with his parents for me, showering his money on us, he was cute!
    I love you bhaiya and thankyou for being our brother!

16. I am immensely thankful for my service dog Bandit. He has been by my side the last four years of my life as I have navigated through the ups and downs of my health. Many people are surprised when they see a Siberian Husky as my service dog, being calm and quiet everywhere we go. But, at just four months old he knew what he was meant to do, alert and assist his mama when she is having/about to have a seizure. I’ll never forget that day, I had put him in his crate so I could clean up his mess in my room, and when I was done I laid on my bed. That was when I had a seizure. Bandit saw me, but couldn’t get to me. He kept yapping and howling until someone came in to let him out and he jumped and laid down on my chest and started licking my face until I came to. From that moment, I knew he was an angel sent to protect me while I struggled with my battle with seizures. Since that day he has been by my side through countless seizures and hospital visits. He has calmed me down when he senses I will have a seizure and gives me the “hugs and kisses” I need to pull me out of my seizures.

I am also thankful for my father who was the one that spent a year being patient while he trained and perfected Bandit to be the best service dog he can be to me. Without both of them I would not be where I am today, feeling safe, loved, protected and watched over everywhere I go🤍

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.