CONTEST Storytime: Unusual Hobbies

Discussion in 'Contests' started by [ATA]Zelda, Mar 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That's right friends, it's story time again!

So we all have hobbies that might seem strange from the outside, but we love them anyway, right?

Well, the PIMD gang is no different … but how weird are they? Maybe the tough, restless Xander secretly likes knitting. Maybe intense sports fan Marco is really into Bob Ross painting.

You tell us! Want to be in the running for a sweet, sweet PIMD Crate? Write us a short fanfic about one of the PIMD NPCs and their weird, unexpected hobby. What is it, and why do they like it so much?

We're looking for creativity! We're looking for humour! If drama's your thing that's cool too!

There will be one winner of a shiny PIMD Crate! There may also be dev picks ... but we'll see! ;)

Rules

* Starts at 2pm PDT on Friday, March 23rd
    * Ends at 2pm PDT on Monday, March 26th
    * No plagiarism (copying from the internet, published works, other players, your own previous entries, etc)
    * One entry per account (only the first entry from an account is counted)
    * Follow the TOU and content guidelines (include links) Basically: nothing explicit or graphically violent, nothing discriminatory, nothing illegal (I really shouldn't have to add this but okay), subject to our final approval.
    * 50-200 words. No novels, okay? I love you all, but given how many of you there are...

* Any entry violating any of these rules won’t be accepted.
    * Accounts with such entries may also be blacklisted from future events, depending on the violation.

2. Zander likes to take trips down to the morgue, he has a friend who works there, and he lets him in. Once Zander is in the morgue, he sits together with a group of 4 or 5 bodies and has tea with them, talks in a positive tone, performs music, and smiles at them, hugs them, kisses their cheek, and usually takes one of them to the side for some fun later in the night.
    Zander believes that kindness and love are essential life spirits, so he attempts to revive them by giving them his love.

It's the medical practice beyond death. Zander is a nice guy. Be like Zander :)

3. Xander sighed as he went up to his room after a long and tiring day. He glanced around warily and suddenly took out a gorgeous gem and a monocle. “Oh, how exquisite this gem truly is!” he said in amazement. “I must not let anyone study this.” he said as he put it back in the box and walked out to get food to eat. (His hobby is studying minerals xD) (very odd)

4. Zander acts quite heartless around his peers, as he doesn't want them to know his true antics. So when he *manages* to sneak away from Tess and the gang, he likes to volunteer at the animal shelter to play with the animals -- to warm his cold heart. He makes sure to be the shelter's "Secret Santa" every year for the pupperinos and Kittens. He also cries during those sad PETA commercials with a bowl of ice cream in his lap.

5. Mark LOVES collecting stamps. He really wants to love travel, but his work keeps him chained to a screen and doesn't afford him that luxury. So instead, he lives vicariously through those tiny little stickers and postmarks (he gets a secret thrill imagining they were named after him). He wonders what those far away stamps have seen, and he imagines the lives led by the people who licked them. Ir's not quite the same as being there, but it's close enough to make him content.

6. Holy fưck a little fưckn warning next time would be good. That 1st gift almost threw me into a fưckn fit

7. MARCO - my stupid phone...

8. Did I forget to mention that he dances with them too?

9. zelda making a contest post? what have you done with marcie......

10. Marcie is busy rp'ing.

11. Marcie's fine. Just sometimes I get to do things too. :)

12. '

Yes,at first it might sound a little woerd but molly has a hobby of travelling to different times and eras and she does that for fun as well as the thrill of exploring the world and trying to change to future doing which she tries to kill her grandfather on an impulse so that her father was never born and hence ends up creating a paradox and to avoid which universe creates a timeline in which her grandmother makes a time machine instead.Two time travellers create a number of different versions of them selves and everyone else and the wierd hobby's cycle just keeps increasing coz the number of mollys keeps increasing till they destroy and reboot every possible version of molly and the universe and comes back to the original time and this time she thinks to try it again without messing up coz she's just addicted to her hobby which is time travel.
    welp, that's all folks

13. excuse the typos coz one shot one kill and no edits allowed here ):

14. What I get up to on my own time is my own business!

15. [​IMG]

16. No.

17. Marco has a weird and unusual hobby of starting projects, or random goals only to end up dropping them when he's about to complete them. For example, zander had a goal of collecting the seven dragon balls, after finding six of them, he gave up on that goal to pursuit the goal of lcbc on da game PIMD. He was just one dorm away from becoming lcbc on pimd when he decided to stop playing the game. Hell, he was about to make a breakthrough on a pill that extended human life by one hundred years only to drop that project right before he could. Many ask him why he likes this weird hobby and his only response is ”becuz ets fun bruhh”

Did I do dis ryt?

18. SO, as we have recently learned in WC, Mark enjoys making Grilled Cheese while the servers are hot. WE YOU MAY NOT KNOW, is that he actually practices the Art of Grilled Cheese. He enjoys using stinsels and other methods to create Art on his Grilled Cheeses. Every burn is a shape. They started off small, like smiley face imprints but have EVOLED. Now, he enjoys burning on Van Gogh masterpieces and then auctioning them off on Ebay for millions of dollars for people to eat. In conclusion, Mark is into Grilled Cheese Art.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.