CONTEST Dream Dev

Discussion in 'Contests' started by ATARogers, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Compilation of all entries:
    Note: None of these entries are mine, just putting them all together for people to browse & to help those who have had difficulty posting photos
    PS: I left out entries that were found to be plagiarized

Click the spoilers to expand the entries under that section
    Note:
    I hit a 50 image limit so I've reposted at the top of page 32
    Click here to go to that post

the post below is no longer up to date👇

Drawing Entries

Jean:

Artist: @-Chie-
    Dev pictured: Jean

[​IMG]
    Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Lowkey Loki:

Artist: @Michaela-4993
    Dev pictured: Lowkey Loki
    [​IMG]

Original Post

[​IMG]
    Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Luce:

Artist: @Ulquiorra
    Dev pictured: Luce

[​IMG]
    Original Post

[​IMG]
    Original Post

[​IMG]
    Original Post

[​IMG]
    Original Post

[​IMG]
    Original Post

Original Post

Original Post or Re-Upload

Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Maeve:

Artist: @16
    Dev pictured: Maeve
    [​IMG]

Original Post

Marceline:

Artist: @Hellommmmm
    Dev pictured: Marceline

[​IMG]
    Original Post or Secondary Post

[​IMG]
    Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Rogers:

Artist: @Die-Biene-sticht-von-hinten
    Dev pictured: Rogers
    [​IMG]

Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Strange:

Artist: @DrStone
    Dev pictured: Strange

[​IMG]
    Original Post

Winston:

Artist: @16
    Dev pictured: Winston
    [​IMG]

Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Zelda:

Artist: @-Wisteria-
    Dev pictured: Zelda

[​IMG]
    Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Group Shots:

Artist: @Meowy
    Devs pictured: Marceline & Luce
    [​IMG]

Original Post

Original Post

Original Post

Story Entries

Claptrap's First Day
    Author: @Muschi
    Original Post

Claptrap slowly opens his eyes. A dull ache thumps inside his head as his eyes adjust to the harsh light.

"Where I am?" He mutters, vision still bleary. He rubs his eyes again, and slowly his surrounding come into focus. "An office?" He blinks again, and a pair of blue jeans comes into focus.

Claptrap looks up, meeting eyes with Jean.

She has her arms crossed, and is glaring down at him. "This is the last time I let Zelda handle getting new employees settled in." She sighs, and extends a hand out to Claptrap. He accepts, and she helps him stand up. "Looks like she was practicing summoning spells again. She's been in one of those Wiccan occult phases for a bit now. I promise, next time you can use the elevator to get to this floor."

"I don't even remember who Zelda is." Claptrap replies.

Jean offers a small smile. "You must have hit your head. Those summoning spells are still a bit wonky. She hasn't really gotten them down yet. Don't tell her I said that." She gestures and adds, "Follow me; you should meet the other devs."

She leads him over to a trio of people sitting around a table, chattering amicably. As Jean and Claptrap approach, the trio quiets down and look expectantly at them.

"This is Claptrap." Jean begins. "Claptrap, this is Marcie and Wanda..." She gestures first to a woman that is in the middle of chewing, who gives a small wave, and then to another person that is drinking out of a mug labeled "#1 Dad".

"Hello," Claptrap says.

"... and Winston..." Jean finishes and points to a stick figure.

"Why are you a stick figure?" Claptrap asks.

Winston answers, "Because you can't get any more basic than this." Marce and Wanda nod knowingly.

Jean smiles at Claptrap. "What do you think of them so far?"

"Still a little rattled by this Zelda character, and very puzzled over Winston being a stick figure."

"Winston's stick-iness a very important detail that can't be glossed over." Jean responds matter-of-factly. "But I understand if you need a moment or two before meeting the rest of the team."

Claptrap rubs his temples. "And a lot of caffeine."

"Well, what do you think is in this mug?" Wanda chimes in with a wink. "You need it to deal with this rag-tag bunch."

Claptrap feels no more at ease than before. Will he be able to adjust to this... or will he pull a Strange and hide in the office for the remainder of the day out of shame for wanting to quit?

Stayed tune. ;)

/End Scene

Claptrap's First Day: Continued
    Author: @RoseMilkTea
    Original Post
    Chapter 1 Here

Jean turns to Claptrap, eyes gleaming with excitement. "Let's go find everyone else; we've got lots to cover."

"Lots is an understatement," Wanda adds, mischievously smirking at Claptrap as they turn and walk away from the trio at the table.

Jean leads Claptrap down a bright, wide hallway. They curiously look around at the bright red doors staggered on either side of the walls as they stroll down the cool concrete hallway.

A door abruptly opens and a disheveled woman appears to their left, winded she calls out: "Jean! I... need some assistance in here." A noisy metal crash erupted from behind her. Wincing at the noise she rushes back into the room.

"What's in there?" Claptrap nervously asks.

"That's, um... Ruby. You'll meet her later." Jean says, anxiously looking over at the door. "I've gotta handle this, just head down the hall, round the corner and you'll see the lunch room. I'll meet you there!"

Claptrap watches as she ducts behind the door, pondering just how much more bizarre this day was gonna get. They reach into their pockets as they round the corner, only to suddenly collide into two strangers. One vaguely smells of patchouli, or maybe it's sandalwood, Claptrap thinks to themselves.

"I'm so sorry!" Claptrap blurts out.

"No, no, I'm sorry!" They rebut, in a very Canadian stand-off fashion. "Wait! Claptrap?! It worked!"

"Oh, uhh... Zelda?" Claptrap guesses.

"I told them my summoning spells weren't wonky!" She exclaims excitedly. "This is Loki!" She gestures to the person standing beside her balancing what looked to be about 8 different textile blankets.

"Nice to meet you! Glad Zelda was able to successfully summon someone with all their limbs this time." Loki laughs and nudges a glaring Zelda pouting back at them. "We were gonna see who could build the coziest blanket fort in the common area, did you wanna join?"

Claptrap gestures back towards the hallway. "I think I'm supposed to meet Jea-" They're abruptly interrupted by a tremendous crash that reverberates through the building. Claptrap looks anxiously at Zelda and Loki, who don't seem to be alarmed in the slightest.

"Nah, no use waiting around for Jean while we are here to show you around!" Zelda coaxes Claptrap to trail along with them to a large common area with lounge chairs that appeared to be made of clouds. There were large windows over looking the picturesque city skyline, letting in the bright afternoon glow of the sun. Snacks filled the counters at the back of the room.

I could really go for some chips right now, Claptrap thinks and eyes up the lonely bag of Ketchup chips from the other side of the room.

Faintly, they begin to hear someone running towards the common room, their sneakers squeaking with each beat of their feet. Marcie skids to a stop in front of them, a mouthful of dripping ramen noodles still dangling out of her mouth. She pauses to chew, half bent over, trying to catch her breath.

"Oomie," she mumbles with her mouth full still doubled over.

Claptrap suppresses a chuckle as a noodle slaps against Marcie's chin as she tries to slurp them back.

"Oomie....out," she tries again.

"Oh shit. I think she means Ruby. Did Ruby get out?" Loki asks urgently.

Marcie nods as she inhales the last of the ramen noodles. She takes a deep breath, stands up straight, looks at the three in front of her and blurts out "Yes."

"We've gotta get Rogers." Zelda says pressingly.

As they turn to leave, an ear piercing inhuman screech filled the office. Claptraps covers their ears in a panic, wondering just how badly their head was hit. Surely this day was just a dream; a first day like this would definitely be one for the books.

"Let's gooo!" A voice yells from outside the common area.

The three of them rush to the door way to see Jean, covered in ash, clothes torn, looking like someone stuck her in the middle of a tornado. An explosion of fire erupted behind her and she hurtles forward to flee from the immense heat. "ROGEERRS!!"

"Where am I?!" Claptrap shouts. Adrenaline rushes through them, feeling the heat of the explosion touch their skin. How did they end up here at this job? Will this be both their first and last day at A Thinking Ape?

Stay tuned.

/end scene

Special thanks to @Muschi for the inspo and helping me edit.

I was laying down in the room right ahead my sleepy eyes I see a shadow emerging from darkness there she was standing ata Jean I rubbed my eyes as she said it was not a dream she said dont be surprised it is me I do wear Jean's alot it felt nothing but a illusion I feel I waited up too seconds later I see i feel its pulling me to it making it all real i follow it walking walking away from my room it fades as i enter the world it's a dream it's a dream I scream it's a place covered in plants and rocks deep inside the road I took the narrow path led me to the cemetery I keep walking but little do I know where i am suddenly the shivers in the spine I feel goosebumps on me and it's only a matter of time I turn back with my heart in my mouth but there was no returning i was told Ata Maeve was standing across laughing at me and asking who wants to play trivia..

ATA Luce
    Author: @Rarity-kitten
    Original Post

When I read your little hint description I legit thought you were like tinker bells long lost sister tbh. Instead of pixie dust imagine all kind of seeds! I picked to write about Luce because I'm also a little tinker bell myself lmao! I tend to argue with people who don't appreciate nature and people who litter. I also have my own garden that I take care off. Luce seems like one of those high schoolers who want to be friends with everyone but also childish, playful, outgoing, stubborn, cheerful and someone who stands for what is right! I know this not be exactly perfect...but I'm telling ya this girl is related to tinker bell and I won't back down from that. We should "stand for the trees!" ( totally not quoted from the lorax...*sigh* yeah it is...) I wonder if Luce is more of the tinker bell from Peter pan who somewhat doesn't even know how to talk haha or the tinker bell from....well....tinker bell. "LET IT GROW" (I need to stop the lorax quotes) how about "can he fix it?!" (shoot that's Bob the builder not tinker bell...did I really just think that. Oh Lord I need help) ANYWAYSSSS.... That's what I think Luce is like! Shes a Hooman I would love to be friends with and I would love to get along with. She sounds sweet but also got the insecure and aggressive side once in a blue moon who might even start some trouble...oooOOOOooo!

ATA Meeting
    Author: @sweetener
    Original Post

Marceline sits back comfortably in her chair, a bag of munchies clutched in her left hand, always a must for her. Her fingers on her right hand, covered in the remains of the cheesy snack.

“ Mmm, did anyone place a lunch order yet? Or do I have to snack on these Cheetos all day! “ Marceline exclaims her mouth stuffed with Cheetos.

Wanda raises a brow, her eyes looking from side to side, a cup of coffee with the words #1 Dad wrote in bright letters on the side, held tightly in her hands. She sighs before replying to Marceline,

“ Marce babe, it’s 10am and I’m still drinking my coffee.. “ she shakes her head, “ .. and you’re worried about lunch? Eat your munchies, and help yourself to one of the donuts Zelda bought in for everyone “ she nods towards the assortment of doughnuts laid out on the table for everyone to pick at.

Zelda perks up hearing her name, her eyes shift from the clutched phone, her case covered in stars and moons, a little witchy. She’s always been into the occult, sweetly she smiles towards the doughnuts, before replying cheerfully

“ Yes, Eat them! That’s why I bought them, help yourself everyone! “ she exclaims before returning her focus back towards her phone, looking over spells and brews.

The door to the meeting room swings open, and in walks Jean in her usual blue jeans and t-shirt a smile on her face, she could live in jeans, but who wouldn’t the way they fit her. “ hey guys, did I miss the meeting? “ she asks as she sits down in between Zelda and Loki, who as usual is coloring an arrangement of dinosaurs in the wilderness, not much of a talker but an amazing artist for sure. Not to long after Jean, Rogers walks in with sun glasses covering his eyes as if it’s to bright to see in the room. “ Hello beautiful people! Let’s get this over with and head to the beach! “ he shouts before plopping down into a seat next to Marceline and Winston. Ah, Winston is basic, he wears and listens to what’s trending, he goes along with what everyone agrees on, he’s a very easing going guy, great to get along with.

Claptrap slowly opens the door, revealing some of the ata members. His expression looks a bit confused, he mumbles “ uhh.. where am I? “ as he looks around the room. Maeve replies from behind him, “ Are you claptrap? Sorry, I was suppose to welcome you but I caught up playing trivia with some of my best mates. Go ahead in!” She says softly. Claptrap enters the room, followed by Maeve, everyone smiles warmingly welcoming him at the team.

Luce walks through the door moments after, wearing her hair in braids and a head band with bright yellow sunflowers around it. She smells of flowers, as usual, gardening has always been her hobby. Sometimes everyone refers to her as “ Mother Nature “, she tries to make the world a little greener everyday. “ hey guys, everyone here? “ she asks. Wanda shakes her head, “ not quiet “ she replies before taking another sip of her coffee. Finally in follows Strange, quickly he walks to his seat as if he wasn’t the last one to arrive. He grins towards Wanda, “ I have arrived “ he says before acting out a fake shot, he throws his imaginary basketball into the air and makes a “ swisssh “ sound before grinning “ totally made that “ he laughs. Wanda laughs at him, before the rest let out little laughs, Marceline rolls her eyes before munching down another Cheeto. Everyone has arrived..
    - to be continued -

Dev Girls Night
    Author: @She_StenaYourSunshine_
    Original Post

After a long week’s work, Zelda planned to get every dev ladies to go out with her.
    Zelda grabbing her phone to check on everyone;

“In Line GroupChat”

[ATA] Zelda:
    Hey ladies! Can’t wait for tonight. Hope to see y’all.

And Don’t plan on bailing out on me, I plan to miss my fave occult series tonight, just for this!

[ATA] Marceline:
    Are we going somewhere fancy or club?

[ATA] Wanda:
    No not club! My dad won’t get to rest well knowing I’ll go to that.

[ATA] Maeve:
    Did you guys know that you’d most likely be in danger by staying at home alone than rather going in crowded places?

[ATA] Marceline:
    I’m asking where cause I need to know what food I’m gonna be ordering. I need to look at the menu first.

[ATA] Luce:
    Argh, still need to shower, I just finished doing a little work in my garden. Be right back with you guys. Text me where to meet!

[ATA] Zelda:
    Guys, I plan to have fun tonight, so we’re going to this new hip club in the town. It’s called PIMD which stands for party in my dorm. It’s so lit it’s like partying just like you were in college!

And don’t worry Wanda, Maeve was a little right about what she said.

[ATA] Jean:
    Ladies help! I don’t know what to wear!

[ATA] Zelda:
    Wear a dress Jean! For once show some skin!

[ATA] Jean:
    ... I.. I don’t have a dress..

[ATA] Wanda:
    A skirt is fine Jean.

[ATA] Jean:
    Hm. Ok gotcha! I got a skirt! Thanks Wanda

[ATA] Zelda:
    Ok guys! See you at this club. Be there on time plss.

~At the entrance~

All the girls were there except Jean,

“Where is she?” Zelda asked. “Have you tried calling her?” Wanda grabbing her phone to see if there was any message from Jean.

“I did, but she said she’s near now and will be here any moment”

“Ladies!” A person shouting while her waving her hands, “I’m here!” And finally it was Jean.

Everyone stare at Jean, looking at her, as if there’s some dirt in her clothes.

“What are you wearing Jean?” Zelda asked.

“A skirt!” Jean answered while making a turn, “Don’t I look cute?”

“Uhhh.. you’re wearing a jean again..” Wanda said.

“Silly! It’s a jean skirt!” Jean explained.

-END-

I'll try to keep this updated, so this will include entries going forward
    If anyone needs help uploading a photo, I'm happy to help

#201 -iLyssaTheGummyBearKissa-, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  2. Cool idea, Lyssa!

3. You're not wrong. That's my selling site for art. 😌 WATCH

Buwbuw likes this.
  4. You're not wrong. That's my selling site for art. 😌 WATCH

Buwbuw likes this.
  5. [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Buwbuw likes this.
  6. So you didn't draw something new for the contest and are reusing old art? Ngl but that's also kind of wrong. Not as bad as plagarizing, but still not rly an honest entry.

Mud, Marigold and PanPanMochi like this.
  7. Its art. Art that I related to someone. Art that I spent time into. I much don't care for winning, I just like showing my work off. Work like this takes day. Not a few moments of your day.
    If I really need proof, I can share my Insta name.

8. My entry for Winston, as described in the Muschi/Rosie story Collab. Criticisms are most certainly not welcomed. [​IMG]

9. As an artist, i can't stand for stealing and using other artists works is stealing. Using a ref and making your work super similar, is another form of stealing unless you properly state that you did in fact use that specific artists work as an inspiration for your work.

I can't stop you, though I do hope you know that artists put a lot of time and effort into their works and its not nice to just take that pride away from them.

10. Absolutely stunning.

Marigold, Mud and SundaeToppings like this.
  11. Best by far. 🙌🏻

Marigold and SundaeToppings like this.
  12. Help meee plss my link worked for a while and suddenly did not :(

13. [​IMG] Here's my Interpretation of ATA-Luce. Sorry Im not good in Sketching but as Luce, Im also a nature Lover, and my advocate is to "SAVE MOTHER EARTH". For me, if we "Individuals" are helping each other to protect nature even in simplest thing. Our Future generations will seen how beautiful Earth is and our wild animals who lives in the forest will have a shelter.

15. [​IMG]

16. I cant see image 😭😭😭

17. [​IMG]

18. Aww cute!

19. [​IMG]
    Ty so much ma'am!

20. I recommend using imgur, that's what I use for all of my pictures
    1. Upload to imgur
    2. Copy the "Image Address" for the picture you uploaded (this should end in .jpg)
    3. Start a reply to this thread and click on the picture icon to add a picture
    4. Paste the "Image Address" and click insert
    Hopefully this works, if it doesn't then you can always post the direct link to your image on imgur and I (or someone else here) can do it for you