CONTEST Dream Dev

Discussion in 'Contests' started by ATARogers, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Claptrap's First Day cont.

Chapter 1 πŸ‘‡πŸ»http://forum.partyinmydorm.com/threads/dream-dev.140131/#post-4993561

Jean turns to Claptrap, eyes gleaming with excitement. "Let's go find everyone else; we've got lots to cover."

"Lots is an understatement," Wanda adds, mischievously smirking at Claptrap as they turn and walk away from the trio at the table.

Jean leads Claptrap down a bright, wide hallway. They curiously look around at the bright red doors staggered on either side of the walls as they stroll down the cool concrete hallway.

A door abruptly opens and a disheveled woman appears to their left, winded she calls out: "Jean! I... need some assistance in here." A noisy metal crash erupted from behind her. Wincing at the noise she rushes back into the room.

"What's in there?" Claptrap nervously asks.

"That's, um... Ruby. You'll meet her later." Jean says, anxiously looking over at the door. "I've gotta handle this, just head down the hall, round the corner and you'll see the lunch room. I'll meet you there!"

Claptrap watches as she ducts behind the door, pondering just how much more bizarre this day was gonna get. They reach into their pockets as they round the corner, only to suddenly collide into two strangers. One vaguely smells of patchouli, or maybe it's sandalwood, Claptrap thinks to themselves.

"I'm so sorry!" Claptrap blurts out.

"No, no, I'm sorry!" They rebut, in a very Canadian stand-off fashion. "Wait! Claptrap?! It worked!"

"Oh, uhh... Zelda?" Claptrap guesses.

"I told them my summoning spells weren't wonky!" She exclaims excitedly. "This is Loki!" She gestures to the person standing beside her balancing what looked to be about 8 different textile blankets.

"Nice to meet you! Glad Zelda was able to successfully summon someone with all their limbs this time." Loki laughs and nudges a glaring Zelda pouting back at them. "We were gonna see who could build the coziest blanket fort in the common area, did you wanna join?"

Claptrap gestures back towards the hallway. "I think I'm supposed to meet Jea-" They're abruptly interrupted by a tremendous crash that reverberates through the building. Claptrap looks anxiously at Zelda and Loki, who don't seem to be alarmed in the slightest.

"Nah, no use waiting around for Jean while we are here to show you around!" Zelda coaxes Claptrap to trail along with them to a large common area with lounge chairs that appeared to be made of clouds. There were large windows over looking the picturesque city skyline, letting in the bright afternoon glow of the sun. Snacks filled the counters at the back of the room.

I could really go for some chips right now, Claptrap thinks and eyes up the lonely bag of Ketchup chips from the other side of the room.

Faintly, they begin to hear someone running towards the common room, their sneakers squeaking with each beat of their feet. Marcie skids to a stop in front of them, a mouthful of dripping ramen noodles still dangling out of her mouth. She pauses to chew, half bent over, trying to catch her breath.

"Oomie," she mumbles with her mouth full still doubled over.

Claptrap suppresses a chuckle as a noodle slaps against Marcie's chin as she tries to slurp them back.

"Oomie....out," she tries again.

"Oh shit. I think she means Ruby. Did Ruby get out?" Loki asks urgently.

Marcie nods as she inhales the last of the ramen noodles. She takes a deep breath, stands up straight, looks at the three in front of her and blurts out "Yes."

"We've gotta get Rogers." Zelda says pressingly.

As they turn to leave, an ear piercing inhuman screech filled the office. Claptraps covers their ears in a panic, wondering just how badly their head was hit. Surely this day was just a dream; a first day like this would definitely be one for the books.

"Let's gooo!" A voice yells from outside the common area.

The three of them rush to the door way to see Jean, covered in ash, clothes torn, looking like someone stuck her in the middle of a tornado. An explosion of fire erupted behind her and she hurtles forward to flee from the immense heat. "ROGEERRS!!"

"Where am I?!" Claptrap shouts. Adrenaline rushes through them, feeling the heat of the explosion touch their skin. How did they end up here at this job? Will this be both their first and last day at A Thinking Ape?

Stay tuned.

/end scene

Special thanks to @Muschi for the inspo and helping me edit.
    Cause i got some rusty English skills πŸ’–

2. πŸ’˜

3. Here's my version of [ATA] Luce!! I'm still pretty new to the digital drawing scene so I'm not 100% satisfied with my result, but I had loads of fun while creating it πŸ˜‡ Please give me feedback to help me grow! I take constructive criticism as long as it isn't malicious. Also I don't really know how to upload pics so if this doesn't display properly sorry in advance 🀞🏻[​IMG]

4. Fixed!

5. Oops, guess not. Must have the wrong link type then too.

Two tips:
    • I recommend using Imgur.com to upload. Then press and hold on the image, and open in a new tab. Then copy that link. It should end in either .png or .jpg or it will not work.
    • When tapping the new photo icon to upload, just paste the link into it and do not add any BB coding. New forums will automatically BB code it for you.

6. [​IMG]

My Entry. Not sure if it's allowed or classified as entry but I can just try

PsychicDoc, -Stella-5 and Mud like this.
  7. Re-upload[​IMG]

Chynna, Button, Green and 17 others like this.
  8. Thanks so much πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

Muschi likes this.
  9. Do you want us to post it on here because I have my art and my writing peaces please get back to me soon ;]

10. Oh, it looks lovely!

-Stella-5 and CherryLee like this.
  11. Yes, you should post it here. I recommend including your username in the artwork too so there aren't any concerns of cheating.

Here's some helpful hints for uploading your picture:

12. [​IMG] [​IMG] So they are my writing and my drawing for ATA,:luse I let you this it's more fascinating then realism but thanks it's for the Drawing Dev

13. You need to upload the photos to a photo-hosting site like Imgur. It looks like you just took the file name off your device and put "http://" in front of it.

-Stella-5 likes this.
  14. ATA & everyone else rn: she’s really good!!

Muschi likes this.
  15. [​IMG]

16. I'll try myself lol.

[​IMG]

17. Omg yess, she is my absolute god. I love her so much and she got me inspired to go back to art after years ever since i watched her vid on jan this year

Ulquiorra likes this.
  18. [​IMG]
    if not visible, let me know, cause i cant see it

19. aye these are really nice entries. good luck to everybody