Drawtober 2023

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Day, Oct 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

4th Annual Drawtober Art Challenge

Our intent is to inspire creativity and to allow artists, both experienced and not, the opportunity to challenge themselves. This means that sketches, and rough drafts of projects are totally fine! In this challenge, judging will be based on how you decide to interpret the theme, rather than skill or overall product.

This year's Drawtober will run a little differently. Instead of the typical Drawtober setup, this event will run like a classic contest. This means that there will only be 1 prompt and entries will be due in 1 week!

Rules

✩ All types and forms of art are acceptable! Whether it be photography, painting, drawing, sculpting, baking, or even fashion!

✩ All submissions must have your IGN, and it must be handwritten.

✩ Digital Artwork must have proof of the process, such as showing layers or posting different images throughout the creative process.

✩ No plagiarism. Plagiarism in any form will not be tolerated, and will disqualify you from any prizes.

✩ All entries must be submitted by the deadline, and in this thread to count.

✩ All entries must adhere to all aspects of the Terms of Use of the game.

Failure to adhere to these rules may result in a forfeiture of potential prizes. If any of these rules are unclear please ask.

Challenge Prompt

✩ The prompt for this years Drawtober is: Fears ✩

If for whatever reason you are unable to access forums during this time, please contact @Day or @Phobia.

Prizes

1st Place : 3 Modcrates
    2nd Place : 2 Modcrates
    3rd Place : 1 Modcrate

This year we’ve also invited some of our fellow mods to take part in the contest and pick their favorite entry! Each winner for these will receive a mod crate each too!! Our featured mods for this will be: tt- and Sherz!

Please note that our guest judges are not a part of running the contest itself, so do not contact them with technical issues or questions about the logistics of the contest.

How to Post Images

✩ Download Imgur.
    ✩ Pick your image to post.
    ✩ Hold down onto the image until a bar pops up.
    ✩ Press the Copy Post Link button.
    ✩ Press the landscape button.
    ✩ Paste your link and press “Insert”.

This information is directly from the guide to posting images and gifs made by Oni.

Dates & Deadlines

✩ Submissions will be due October 31st at 12pm PST ✩

Time Conversions
    ✩ 9am HST ✩ 11am AKST ✩ 12pm PST ✩ 1pm MST ✩ 2pm CST ✩ 3pm EST ✩ 3am SGT ✩

Past Drawtober Events

Curious what about past themes and entries? Check out our fantastic participants and winners!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any questions, comments or concerns can be directed towards @Day or @Phobia.

#1 Day, Oct 24, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2023
  2. TIS TIME!!! 🙌

Phobia, Azari and Day like this.
  3. Wooooo!!!

Phobia and Day like this.
  4. I am ready.

5. YESS 🙏

6. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I chose Scopophobia/Social Fear, Cause I, Myself have social fear and anxiety in large crowds or when I’m being judged or stared at. So I only thought is was fair to do one about one of my fears. ❤️

7. Fear of Spiders🕷️🖤
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Rikka4, Bananya, Phobia and 17 others like this.
  8. This is so slay!!!!

Nuggie likes this.
  9. Good luck everyone 🩴💥

muah, Phobia, Psyche and 1 other person like this.
  10. I'm scared of big flying bugs so 🤷🏻‍♀️

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BloodyKisses, Rikka4, zaea and 9 others like this.
  11. Thalassophobia- fear of deep water (or more importantly, what is IN the water)

[​IMG]

Sharks seems scary sure- but I am terrified of getting tangled in a jellyfish….

[​IMG]

Bananya, Psyche, Day and 2 others like this.
  12. My stupid gif I made broke… [​IMG]

Psyche, Burningrose, Day and 2 others like this.
  13. Wish there was a written version of this, I slap at poetry not so much art my brain doesn't corroborate with my actual drawing abilities lol.

Phobia likes this.
  14. Am I the only one who’s afraid of mirrors especially the one in the bathroom when they’re younger? 🥲
    There’s a saying here where I grew up that mirrors are gateway to the other realm — and that evil spirits love humid wet places such as bathroom/toilet.
    Though I’m all grown up now it still gives me the spook from time to time 👻😭
    I hope this entry portrays it well enough 🙇🏻‍♀️
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Here is my drawing, I hope I’m posting this correctly 😮‍💨

[​IMG]

A clip to show the layers
    [​IMG]

16. oh and the fear/s: fear of emotions, animotophobia and fear of being watched, scopophobia.

17. Arachnophobia - Fear of spiders;

I really hate spiders every kind they just gave me chills the smaller the deadlier it seems.😩 Unless that cute jumping spider..if you know you know.

Well as I see I'm not the only one who choosed Arachnophobia thought I will be original but what did I expect it's pretty common🙇🏻‍♀️
    Anyways hope you like it.

[​IMG]

The layers. I'm a bit messy with layers hope you don't mind.
    [​IMG]

Sketch
    [​IMG]

If you need more proof let me know🖤

Psyche and Phobia like this.
  18. Let me try again

[​IMG]

Layers
    [​IMG]

Sketch
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rikka4, Bananya, muah and 4 others like this.
  19. Fixed that up for you.

Psyche, Phobia and HaBaek like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.