Drawtober 2022

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Day, Sep 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

3rd Annual Drawtober Art Challenge

Our intent is to inspire creativity and to allow artists, both experienced and not, the opportunity to challenge themselves. This means that sketches, and rough drafts of projects are totally fine! In this challenge, judging will be based on how you decide to interpret the theme, rather than skill or overall product.

Rules

✩ All types and forms of art are acceptable! Whether it be photography, painting, drawing, sculpting, baking, or even fashion!

✩ All submissions must have your IGN, and it must be handwritten.

✩ Digital Artwork must have proof of the process, such as showing layers or posting different images throughout the creative process.

✩ No plagiarism. Plagiarism in any form will not be tolerated, and will disqualify you from any prizes.

✩ All entries must be submitted by the deadline, and in this thread to count.

✩ All entries must adhere to all aspects of the Terms of Use of the game.

Failure to adhere to these rules may result in a forfeiture of potential prizes. If any of these rules are unclear please ask.

Challenge Themes

There will be four challenge themes throughout the month. Each will be announced in this thread at 12pm PST on their respective dates. Participants will have 5 days to complete each new theme!

If for whatever reason you are unable to access forums during this time, please contact @Day or @Phobia.

Prizes

Each theme will have one winner that receives a mod crate for their efforts! We’ll also be awarding one person 2 mod crates for being the overall winner of the challenge!

This year we’ve also invited some of our lovely friends to take part in the contest and pick their favorite entry! Each winner for these will receive a mod crate each too!! Our featured mods for this will be: -iLyssaTheGummyBearKissa-, Atlas, Auri, Azari, and Mark!!

Note: Please do not go to our guest judges for information on the challenge. They are not involved in the planning of Drawtober.

Additionally we will be giving a small participation prize to players who make it through our challenge!

How to Post Images

✩ Download Imgur.
    ✩ Pick your image to post.
    ✩ Hold down onto the image until a bar pops up.
    ✩ Press the Copy Post Link button.
    ✩ Press the landscape button.
    ✩ Paste your link and press “Insert”.

This information is directly from the guide to posting images and gifs made by Oni.

Dates & Deadlines

✩ 1st Theme Posted: October 2nd at 12pm PST ✩
    ✩ 1st Theme Due: October 7th at 12pm PST ✩

✩ 2nd Theme Posted: October 9th at 12pm PST ✩
    ✩ 2nd Theme Due: October 14th at 12pm PST ✩

✩ 3rd Theme Posted: October 16th at 12pm PST ✩
    ✩ 3rd Theme Due: October 21st at 12pm PST ✩

✩ Final Theme Posted: October 23rd at 12pm PST ✩
    ✩ Final Theme Due: October 28th at 12pm PST ✩

Time Conversions
    ✩ 9am HST ✩ 11am AKST ✩ 12pm PST ✩ 1pm MST ✩ 2pm CST ✩ 3pm EST ✩ 3am SGT ✩

Past Drawtober Events

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any questions, comments or concerns can be directed towards @Day or @Phobia.

#1 Day, Sep 27, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    Raeven, Vrynn, BuckleBunny and 27 others like this.
  2. Notification System
    Worried about missing the deadlines? Like this post to be notified when new themes are posted, and an hour before they are due!

3. Yayy 😍 hopefully i will be able to make through its been a while since i touched my pencils

_-Amy-_, Graey, lustylegend and 2 others like this.
  4. Awww yea time to get spooky 👻🖤✨

Day, Azari and Art like this.
  5. LES GOOOOOO :cool:

Atlas, Day, Azari and 1 other person like this.
  6. Very excited it's that time again. Good luck everybody

Art, Day, Phobia and 1 other person like this.
  7. Good luck to every contestant!💚💚💚

Art, Day and Phobia like this.
  8. Oh! This is niceee🙊💖

Day, Azari and Phobia like this.
  9. Can i get 1 the day before as well coz time zones 😶

Loch_NESS_Monster likes this.
  10. The themes will be posted at the same time, you can see time conversions on the original post 👍🏼

Azari likes this.
  11. Lame. Another competition for the same old artists to win and the rest of the non-artistic PIMD community just watch. :)

-V-E-R-T-I-G-O- likes this.
  12. We judge off the concept, not the execution. But I appreciate the concern.

Phobia and MIHO like this.
  13. More meaning for when its due. Coz to get it on time i have to post it by the night before in my time. Coz that time for me is very early morning. Dont mind being late to seeing new themes

Phobia and Day like this.
  14. gotcha gotcha, pm me and lmk what time works best for you

DinosAreTheOldestCars likes this.
  15. ya sure. 😂 Keep lying to yourself

16. I participated last year and it was a lot of fun!!! Can't wait 😍

17. OMGEE ANOTHER CONTEST 😍 BEEN WAITING FOR THIS

18. If you don’t participate because you don’t believe us, that’s your loss unfortunately.
    Feel free to check out our other Drawtober contests we’ve done throughout the years! You can see the variety of the entries and what we look for 👍🏼

Day likes this.
  19. Post is updated with links to the past Drawtober events in-case anyone would like to get some inspiration or see previous entries of winners!

Azari and Phobia like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.