Black Lives Matter

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by [ATA]Zelda, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defunding the police will allocate money to the communities to prevent homelessness, broken families and provide a sustainable life for people that might otherwise turn to crime.

Cops don't prevent any of this, they show up afterwards. If you really care about these issues you would be looking at how do we prevent this from ever happening in the first place. Which starts with defunding the police.

DaddyDilemma, Phobia and Muschi like this.
  2. What will help with broken homes is men starting to act like a man should... Young parents stop pushing their kids off on family so they can go party and have more kids... Women and men both coming back to having values in a relationship....

Homelessness has always been around... There are agencies that do a good deed with the homeless community... But why work when you can have things gave to you... Someone that is legit homeless will stop at nothing to get out of that situation...

Providing a sustainable life... That one is easy... WORK... Whites and blacks BOTH... and is seen in the younger generation... Need to understand... Without an education... its gonna be tough... Things absolutely will not be handed to you... Dont live beyond your means.... You get what you work for...

3. This isn't asking for handouts. This is about equality.

The fact that the homeless in my area is made of close to 50% BIPOC is upsetting. The generational trauma and systematic racism has a huge impact on the mental wellbeing of individuals which historically can lead to substance abuse. Which no surprise can lead to homelessness. "Just work for it" is a bullshit argument when i doubt you've experienced what they have.

But I guess you'd rather invest in jailing these people then helping them.

Anyways. I'm not about to constantly defend my stance on BLM and Defunding the Police here. Do some research. Learn, grow, be an ally, be a better person.

4. THIS - also heart eyes đŸ„ș perfectly worded xoxo

5. I just typed out an incredibly long response to this before I decided it’s not worth an argument. I think you should do some more research about some things, or ask someone who lives with these things, because I think you’re missing the mark here.

DaddyDilemma likes this.
  6. Are you assuming that I have not or do not experience these things...?

Phobia likes this.
  7. If you did you wouldn’t have posted that. Because you’d know it’s not poverty addiction and mental illness that make someone a criminal, but those things don’t give you a free pass to break laws and act violently without consequence. We need to stop pretending that no one ever does anything wrong, people need to be held accountable for their behavior.

8. Where did I say that all people that experience those things are criminals, or that every criminal is someone that experiences those things? I didn't. :)

RoseMilkTea likes this.
  9. The point I was making is:
    • imprisoning people for drug possession does not cure their addiction
    • imprisoning homeless people for trespassing, loitering, etc does not solve their homelessness
    • imprisoning or killing people that are experiencing a mental health episode (incl. those seeking suicide by cop) does nothing to aid or assist in their recovery

10. No, you’re saying that because someone’s an addict or in poverty it’s ok to break laws lol and it’s not. But this isn’t the place to have this discussion so I’m done.

ObamaWasCorrupt likes this.
  11. [​IMG]

Phobia, Catalysis and RoseMilkTea like this.
  12. Must be nice to be so ignorant

13. I find this interesting seeing as though Ata actively silenced people that where calling out racist comments.

DaddyDilemma likes this.
  14. Must be nice to just pretend to know about addiction and poverty. đŸ‘ŒđŸŒ tbh you should just stfu.

KidFromBrooklyn and Buwbuw like this.
  15. Bold of you to assume I don't đŸ€Ș

16. No it’s not. You read about people in poverty and people struggling with addiction online and you think that by posting dumb shit like that you’re “making a difference” it’s pathetic. You’re not. You both act like you know shit about subjects you clearly don’t. It’s fucking insulting.

KidFromBrooklyn and Buwbuw like this.
  17. [​IMG]

18. Tfw i insult myself and my loved ones

19. if black lives matter so damn much why dont yall quit murdering eachother đŸ€”đŸ˜‚

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.