Support Depressed people

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Zoka, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Sure but would you agree that children and the elderly are held in a lower esteem now than they might have once been in Western society. Perhaps in Modern times or before?

2. Because now a days the elderly act entitled to everything and belittle the younger generations because "Back in their day blah blah blah" and children now are growing up to be stupidly dumb and irresponsible due to their moronic parents.

3. Reminds me of Jordan Peterson's little bit where he justified bullying as a way to enforce norms and shape behaviour for the better...

But it isn't always the case. Bullying can help improve things or you can bully someone for the color of their skin... Two very different things.

You think that resenting spoilt brats will help them grow up better? I feel like you're taking the route that many of those old farts take "back in my day... We took care of ourselves" we didn't have a complete educstion so we took the incentive to learn things ourselves... We persisted despite a lack of convenience and technology... Put in effort, had good work ethic, built strong communities, listened to their own elders, etc.

Because if you think kids sre getting dumber... That is a kind of intelligence. They are getting more and more book smart. Education is gettung better, globally thanks to pedagogical theories and the study of psychology and learning... But it is those wisdom smarts that old farts have that you think kids need more of.

You can't point the gun both ways. Pick one and think hard on it.

And don't forget that those kids today will be the parents of the future. I don't wanna look up the average age of parents. But it ain't all that far out of childhood in the grand scheme of things.

4. Boi I'd point the gun on myself wym

5. Some children. You cannot blame them, not their fault their parents are not capable of raising kids up to your standards.

6. I only have these standards because moronic parents raise stupid individuals who care about nothing but themselves
    These standards aren't for myself but rather more for having a better future.

7. @Kefo I'll get back to you on that tonight. I don't have time for essays atm

8. @Kefo

As always, your intellect is a shining light on these forums. If you would like to continue this conversation in PM, please let me know.

9. Support each other!

10. Giving all my support to those peeps who suffer from any mental illness. We can do this!