Support Depressed people

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Zoka, Apr 6, 2019.

1. There are some ugly kids dude plus they're really stuck up

3. wE aLsO lIvE iN a cUlTuRe oF dEaTh ThAt HaTeS cHiLdReN aNd ThE eLdErLy.

4. But they're right ^

5. People hate things for a reason.
    These two are saying it like people hate children and old people for no reason at all.

6. They're speaking of a systemic hate, not an individual hate. The two are quite different.

7. And I'm saying people hate things for a reason.

8. The reason was stated. We live in a culture of death.

9. How is it a culture of death

10. We're on a thread about depression right now, do you not see how normalize suffering has become? It's a death cult

11. How does some people disliking children and the elderly fall into these viewpoints of a "culture of death"?

culture of death (plural cultures of death)

•(theology) In moral theology, the concept that human life can be a means to some other end and not solely an end itself.

•(philosophy, politics) In contemporary political and philosophical discourse, a culture asserted to be inconsistent with the concept of a "culture of life", such as cultures that support contraception and abortion, euthanasia, capital punishment, human cloning, self-absorption, apathy or poverty.

•A society that reveres suicide bombers as martyrs.

12. THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT DEPRESSION IT IS ABOUT SADNESS

13. :roll: I don't have time to point out the glaringly obvious connections for you.

14. Probably because there aren't any to begin with

15. I think your brains just broken

16. If it is please list the obvious connections so I can be more educated 

17. I'm pretty familiar with the concept. I think it would be easy for some people to compare the Reverence of nihilism, or a self-destructive society; to a culture of death...

But the distinction should be pointed out and maintained.

One thing distinctive of a culture of death is a lower value of human life. Every culture prescribes its own value to human life and Julie clearly sees a shocking lack of it in wider society which is lower than the value that she believes it ought to have.

The disregard of the elderly and such isn't necessarily a precursor to a culture of death but it sure smells similar when that smell comes from the value of life.

(i didn't read previous pages so this is only based on the context of this page)

18. Sometimes people like to assume things are a certain way because they won't research what it actually means and if you try and tell them that, they'll just assume that your brain is broken and that you can't see the obvious connections that they refuse to mention.
    Kids these days.

19. Your disagreement was semantic.

Let's get away from the death culture label and get to the juice.

Would you agree that children and the elderly are held in a lower esteem now than they might have once been in Western society. Perhaps in Modern times or before?

Julie and Neo, what era of Western society do you think held human life at the highest value?

20. My disagreement was merely an opinion to blinded sheeple