CONTEST Storytime: Summer of Superpowers

Discussion in 'Contests' started by [ATA]Zelda, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. With the release of yet another Marvel movie (I love them, don’t @ me), I present to you a new Fanfic Contest: Summer of Superpowers!

If any of the PIMD NPC gang could have a superpower, who would get one? What would it be? What would they do with it? Would they be a hero or a villain?

What will you write? Their origin story? A showdown with their archnemesis? Their novel way of cooking Sunday morning pancakes?

We're looking for creativity! We're looking for humour! Drama! Inspiration! Tragic Greek irony if you’re into that! (Though see below re: nothing illegal.)

There will be one winner of a PIMD Crate! There may also be dev picks. Possibly. If so, they may also get a PIMD Crate each. So write away!

Rules

* Starts at 3pm PDT on Friday, July 13th (spooky!)
    * Ends at 3pm PDT on Monday, July 16th
    * No plagiarism (copying from the internet, published works, other players, your own previous entries, etc)
    * One entry per account (only the first entry from an account is counted)
    * Follow the TOU and content guidelines. Basically: nothing explicit or graphically violent, nothing discriminatory, nothing illegal, subject to our final approval.
    * 50-250 words. No novels, okay?
    * Any entry violating any of these rules won’t be accepted.
    * Accounts with such entries may also be blacklisted from future events, depending on the violation.

2. Goodluck participants

3. Who tf is ata zelda. Are you new or is this name change

4. Good luck to everyone participating!!! ???

5. Aye! I might actually participate in this one.

6. She's been here for awhile!

7. Well i am not observent apparently

8. Look in a PIMD Crate and you'll see the name

9. I lurk. And run fanfic contests. And see all. And yes I've been here a while, but it's all good! :)

10. Might be because I just woke up but question!: we're supposed to write a story about anyone in this game?

11. Matchmaker Molly

When she woke up five minutes before her alarm sounded, she knew something had changed. Something felt... different.

Molly rubbed her eyes and looked into her mirror. Could this feeling be about the rather extreme case of bedhead she was suffering from this morning...? Then the alarm screamed at her. It was time to get ready for work today.

It was summertime and the weather was gorgeous (albeit humid), so Molly decided to bike to the animal shelter. As soon as she walked in to greet the dogs for today, she was taken aback by the sheer noise. She could understand them. She could understand the dogs.

"Stop!" Molly yelled, and they all went quiet. She looked around, trembling a little bit. Was she ill? What was wrong with her? But it was time to get to work, and she brushed those thoughts aside for later.

She approached the kennel belonging to Piglet, a very old pitbull awaiting her forever home. "Hey, girl," Molly cooed at Piglet, and stroked her face.

"Food," said a voice that intuition registered as Piglet's.

Molly gulped. Could she really understand the dogs? Then, she smiled brightly. She could use this to her advantage.

"Time to play a little matchmaker, Piglet! I'm going to match up you all with the perfect families, just you wait!" Molly promised and kissed Piglet's forehead.

"...Food." Piglet blinked.

Molly giggled. "Oh yeah! I'll do that first."

12. About a NPC.

13. You're fast

14. I had a good idea and I went with it. I always turned my essays in early in school. :lol:

15. Oh woah! i'll participate on this contest :) sounds fun!!!

16. Marco The Draggo

Anyday is a brotastic day with Marco. He knows all the clubs around campus and has even been rumored to have had his fair share of.... Forbidden Story Telling (Rp). While Marco knew it was true, he still denied any participation. He would be expelled for doing so on campus!! However... this morning caused something life changing.

"Marco!! Dude! Where are- AHWHATTHEHECC-!" JD screamed in terror.

Marco groaned, halfway asleep in the middle of the dorm hallway, and turned away from the horrified yells. He would sleep through an apocalypse if he wanted.

"Marco has like... Every disease!!!" shouted a concerned friend whose words faded the further he ran away.

The words didn't fall on deaf ears because now Marco began to lift his lazy head to see what JD meant... And it was a grave mistake.

"WHAT THE F-" he slipped on a stray sock and fell, scraping his chin.

With pain in his chin, the real sore was looking down to see red, scaly, hands. In panic, he forgot about his bleeding chin and stumbled into the dorm bathroom, seeing a face that resembled a dragon... It was then that it hit him. This was awfully similar to the.. Forbidden Storytelling he did last night.. Except he was a healing dragon. In denial, he focused on healing his chin and a miracle happened...

From that day, Marco helped those who could surpass his... shocking appearance and swore to never Rolepl- tell a Forbidden Story again.

17. Who told you you can post here?

18. As the door slowly creeped open, Joaquin watched from the safety of his bed. The room filled with a menacing aura while he heard the creek of the floorboards, "Please, don't come any closer!". He managed to spit out the words, pleading with every shaken fiber of his being. This wasn't the first nightmare he had of this thing.

Joaquin felt his body forcefully sink into his mattress, almost knocking the breath out from his lungs. He strained against the weight and attempted to scream for somebody to wake him up, but there was no voice to be found. The entity dug its nails in his flesh and dragged its claws in a pattern against Joaquins stomach. "This is real", the blood-soaked cuts read.

A panic so overwhelming that he had never felt before, filled him. The monster jumped up in preparation for the kill, unhinging it's jaws to showcase its rotten vampire-like canines.
    Joaquin's eyes widened in horror and felt his heart burst from his chest in fear. His veins felt electrified, rushing to find some sort of escape.

Suddenly, a shockwave of light shot from his body and it made the air feel tense yet free. Joaquin had closed his eyes shut from the bright luminescence, but when he opened them he saw nothing but ashes.

The room around him was gone. The monster was gone. His clothes were gone. Burnt left-over crisps continued to fall from the air and settled into separate and scattered piles of embers. "What is this.. ?", Joaquin began to cry.

19. daaaaaaaaamn

20. So a person with super power(super human) is the main character..??. Okay ill try what i can make <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.