Drawtober 2022

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Day, Sep 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Halloween 🎃

[​IMG]

2. Try as I might I couldn’t stay away from drawing something Nightmare before Christmas. So I played with color a bit.
    [​IMG]
    here’s the rest of the requirements plus a not so short video of me drawing this, for this who are interested.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. The kiddos are ready for trick or treat 👻 🍬 This Halloween!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

South, kreammm__, Nidorina and 4 others like this.
  4. This is (my) Halloween
    My country doesnt celebrate Halloween (some elite? people did it but thats it, small party, no treat or trick or anything) , seeing people on internet celebrate it, i also want to do something fun on Halloween too, watching cartoon about monster, reading spooky stories and comics, listening to Halloween music and all while eating sweets, i think thats also fun 🎃🎃🎃
    Also i really in a rush finishing this drawing, u can see at the end its very messy lol 😂

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DaddyDan4, MoJoJo7, Nidorina and 3 others like this.
  5. 4th theme: This is Halloween
    [​IMG]
    Proof
    [​IMG]

Nidorina, Chismosita, Lucero and 2 others like this.
  6. DRAWTOBER IS OVER!

❌All entries after this point will not be counted❌
    ✩We will go through the entries, consult our judges, and pick the winners!✩

7. Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, BE a doll and go back to your own franchise

Jk I love the cross over!

Nidorina likes this.
  8. @Day @Phobia
    Added my ign since I accidentally used my full name on my entry earlier

[​IMG]

9. Small request if you do this next year 🤏🏼
    Maybe release prompts on Fridays so we can have the entire weekend? I know a few others who love these contests, but just don't have time to enter or enter their best because of work conflicts

InkdMedusa, SavageNixi3 and Phobia like this.
  10. Cant make everyone happy. For me weekends are my busiest time but im more free during the week. But probly not a bad idea to move things around to give more people a chance

Graey likes this.
  11. Ya I get that!

I wouldn't even mind having less prompts(or one prompt then given the whole month) to allow more time, that way the mods in charge can still have the time they need to do research & make their choices

🤗

DinosAreTheOldestCars likes this.
  12. Yehh will be ways to make it work for more people

13. I didn’t mind all the prompts. Gives more people a chance to win. Plus it was kind of fun and something to look forward to. Instead of having to wait a whole month.

Phobia and Graey like this.
  14. Great works! However, I hope works will be judged well. Some artworks are direct copies like characters from films, from the game, etc. unless stated as fanarts.
    Artworks that are inspired by other works of art must not be exactly look alike by the reference even if the pose differs. Just my 2 cents.

Anyway good luck to all! ♥️

15. Good idea but where's the challenge in that when we make everything comfortable for the participants? 🤔 That's why it's called a contest/competition, you compete with others what ever circumstances. Things aren't favorable to you? Then it's your disadvantage and must work on it if you really want to join. 😌

Phobia likes this.
  16. Good way to look at it!

I guess I'm not competitive haha, I joined for fun & to inspire a friend to start drawing again

17. Our contest is inspired by the annual art tradition of “Inktober” where you make a piece of art using ink based on a prompt. For Inktober you get a new prompt every single day for the month of October, but we definitely don’t have the time for that- hence why Day and I created “Drawtober” where y’all get 1 prompt per week 🖤 If it was just 1 prompt with a month-long limit, it would just be a regular art contest and wouldn’t be ✨Drawtober✨

Thank you for the suggestions!

18. Day and I are both art students with a good understanding of the craft. We do our best to judge fairly out of respect for everyones creations 🖤

Day likes this.
  19. I was thinking this too… like Thursday thru Wednesday. That way its a healthy balance of week and weekend. I know I work 6am to 6pm most days and having the weekend to focus is nice. I know not everyone can be happy with set rules- but just a thought i wanted to expand on.

Graey likes this.
  20. Good suggestions! We mostly give different prompts with the intention to give our fellow artists plenty of chances to develop more creative ideas, as well as being given more opportunity to win.

As for the comment about judging, Phobia and I judge on concept of the piece, not necessarily execution or craft. We also cross check each one to double check for any plagiarism, so we usually see where people have almost copied other ideas.

I’ll be locking this now. We’ll get together with the rest of the judges to decide on winners ASAP. If anyone has any after thoughts about the challenge or concerns please contact me. Happy Halloween everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.