Can we get a Hetero Plush too

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by DiscoDisco, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. this is hetero privilege at its finest

2. Ignorance.
    If you're young you have no idea how hard being gay was even 10 years ago. And if you're straight you have no idea of how difficult it really is. Being gay isnt all fun and games and celebrating all of June.

I grew up in an extremely conservative house with preachers as family members. Pride allows the community to see there are others out there that have gone through that struggle and dealt with that too. Pride can help save people in the community.

I think it would be ok to have a "straight ally" cuddlefish.

And straight people are NOT being discriminated against. Y'all stupid

4. let’s stop there. pride is about acceptance and representation. HETEROSEXUALITY IS ALREADY ACCEPTED AND REPRESENTED. if you’re arguing against that, don’t try to make it about the “we want to be represented too” bs. YOU ARE ALREADY REPRESENTED. if that still bothers you, then you’re either homophobic, selfish, or just plain stupid. (i would even argue that selfishness probably stems from closeted homophobia).
    i do support the idea of an ally cuddlefish/plushie for next year, though! that’d be cute and i’m sure those who don’t identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community but support it would love that.
    a “straight” one is too far.
    it’s pride month. the community has worked really hard to get to where we are, and even places that have legalised gay marriage still have problems with discrimination. many countries haven’t made it that far, even.
    tl;dr, the world doesn’t revolve around heretos, pls just let us have this one month to honor the people who have fought and continue to fight for our rights to be ourselves. kthx

5. No support ?

6. Yes, it must be nice of you to give heterosexuals the privilege of being freely hated for no consequence. It is almost like you are doing the exact thing they did to homosexuals of previous generations and giving it a pass "because they deserve it".

No, you are the type of complete idiot who doesn't want equality and would rather make everything about aspects that do not define a person's character. Being gay versus hetero is no different than being a natural blonde versus natural brunette.

I don't feel any pity for you completely ignoring the hypocrisy shown in this thread defending the exclusion of a sexuality simply because it's the majority. I feel pity for those who will suffer because your ideals will be pushed forward until the end result is heteros being hated and legally discriminated against. People like you didn't learn from the civil rights movements in the 1940s and not even a century later are working to undo every bit of that progress.

7. "Acceptance and representation" yet you're deliberately excluding a majority sexuality simply for being the majority. That's denial of representation as I recall.

8. How is this not locked yet? ?

9. lock pls :D

11. i mean... no one's being a huge dìck while stating their piece. idk why this is a topic to be locked?

i mean, in a lot of ways the topic of exclusion for hetero people in June

12. tfw u hit submit too soon & then edit & then your app stops before u do. 

ANYWAY.

the thing is, i dont think exclusion is the issue surrounding those that want a hetero plush. (at least for a decent amount)

the issue is of hypocrisy. it's something that's been prevelant in several issues related communities (politics, gender, health, race, etc.)

the movement of lgbt was inspired by equality. by not including a hetero plush you aren't honoring the original message. by saying things like "you literally have every other month! let us have this!" the message of tolerance for all gets skewed.

we see this happen in areas like politics where left leaning people say the right isn't open to ideas or that they blanket over the issues or that the right is intolerant-- while similarly chiming that the right are equivalent to nazis, both a blanket statement and an intolerant one.

in gender issues we see how women have been at the bottom for so long- lower wages, the pink tax, different standards for sexuality compared to men. yet, there are so many out there who would gladly hire a woman over a man, no matter if the man was better qualified for the job. there are so many who say things like "men are dogs".

we see racial minorities cry about the racial profiling and discrimination they face, yet also profile and discriminate against other races.

the question of hetero in lgbt isn't one of "should there be a plush?", it's one that asks "is this hypocritical and if so, is this a proper way to fix it?"

13. I’m gay and completely agree with the idea of having a heterosexual plushie! People are saying “stop trying to make pride month center around straight people”, but adding one more plushie to the plethora of like 60 of them will do literally nothing but include other people into our celebration of love and acceptance! People are also saying “Straights have every other month of the year” but I don’t see any month in which I a gay person cease to exist, or any month in which straight people are celebrated for being straight with their own personal plushies... you all try to preach love and acceptance, yet can’t tolerate anybody who isn’t on your made up victim hierarchy and don’t have victimhood statuses! All I’m seeing is a lost oppourtunity to make allies and show straight people we really are just about acceptance, cause this is just purposeful exclusion and ridiculousness. Straight people think us gays are all alike, with a political tumblr SJW agenda, and this is just being proven today! It’s just one virtual plushy on a p2w mobile app out of like 60 plushies, it won’t take away from pride month in the slightest.

14. All good points for the most part but in the end, any person will complain about what fits their narrative. Just because you feel offended it doesn’t mean something is wrong.

15. So if someone says they like touching children and you get offended by it, is it not wrong?

16. Not at all cases, duh! ?

17. Well fine then
    I guess I should just change my ways now ?Jk I’m too suicidal to go to prison

18. It’s just not the right time and place I think.
    Pride month is to remember and celebrate the Stonewall riots and other movements/turning points in other countries’ LGBT history. It really isn’t just something to celebrate everything & everyone. Kinda like an Independence Day, where a nation goes through so much to get it. Others shouldn’t complain about how their independence aren’t celebrated as well at the time. Also kinda like how England doesn’t have it because they never gained independence from any other country.

But I guess I’ve only been seeing things through my lens, living in a place where the LGBT community is still struggling to get basic human rights. If the community and pride month have developed to welcome and promote heterosexuality alongside them then I guess I don’t mind.

19. This post is no longer on track, and is becoming increasingly hostile toward all groups involved. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.