The Avatar Database Guide: Newsletter Edition

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by AdalineRose, Dec 10, 2019.

1. The Avatar Database Guide:
    Newsletter Edition

The Avatar Database Guide:
    Official Thread

Hello PIMD Community! As word has gotten around, many of you know about the Avatar Database Guide. However, updates to the guide aren't posted on a fixed schedule or deadline, and we sometimes add things that are different from the bi-weekly hunts.

I thought it might be nice to host a newsletter, so you guys can see all the new editions we make to the guide. This way, you don't have to click through my guide all the time wondering when new things will come out.

If you watch the main Avatar Database thread, I'll also have a duplicate newsletter over there too in the comments. You can also watch thi thread if you prefer because this is my main post for this instead of multiple newsletter threads. When I post an update, it will be in the comments of here as well.

I hope you guys enjoy the database! It's our pleasure to get this content out to you <3

Carrie, Day, Maddi_Matsu and 2 others like this.
  2. Love the idea of a newsletter! The guide is wonderful 😍

Maddi_Matsu and AdalineRose like this.
  3. Oooh, cool!

4. Newsletter #1 12/2/19

WHAT'S NEW

A very special request from the PIMDANONYMOUS Website Owner
    KAW Girl Owner, Tutorial Maker, and Website Creator @Abusive has made herself known! She is an absolute legend <3 A huge round of applause for all her hard work over the years.
    Hunts
    Roots and Branches

[​IMG]

Multiple Changes and additions to Unobtainable Avatars and these are just a few

NPC'S Curtesy of [ATA]Claptrap
    [​IMG]
    Cover Photos
    [​IMG]
    Icons
    [​IMG]
    Final Comments
    We hope to have the black friday avatars up soon but its 60-70 avatars!! Have patience while we work on it. Thank you <3

And as always a huge thanks to @-PA_KaramelApples- for coding this all!

#4 AdalineRose, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2019

5. Newsletter #2 12/9/19
    Hi PIMD Community!
    Welcome to the first official posting of the Avatar Database Guide Newsletter!
    I want to thank everyone who helped me find all these avatars!
    If you didn't know before, ATA likes even numbers. This last batch of avatars made up 70!!! That's a LOT of avatars! Champagne and Buddy box COMBINED don't even release that many at once. Definitely took us a good while past black friday to make this next portion go live!
    Without further ado, here are ALL the new editions to the guide! You might even see a surprise at the end 😁

Rock and Royal Hunt
    [​IMG]

December 2019 Spinners
    [​IMG]

Greek Shards
    [​IMG]
    After Dark Shards
    [​IMG]
    Story Pass: Myth Fulfillment

[​IMG]
    Permenate Store Avatars
    [​IMG]
    Bundle Avatars
    [​IMG]

XC Leaderboard
    [​IMG]
    Unobtainable Avatars:
    CARLY & CORDELIA

[​IMG]

Lumenia, Empress_ and Victoria like this.
  6. Thanks for the support!! Finally got them uploaded πŸ˜‚ I'm definitely not the best at coding so had some technical difficulties. I like that this gets the word out but also helps everyone know when we post the updates 😁

7. Your coding still looks lovely to me πŸ˜‚πŸ’• Amazing work as always Addy.

8. Looks good! (Ignoring the centering issues lol)

Day likes this.
  9. Appreciate the newsletter

AdalineRose and Day like this.
  10. Lmao I'm sure Lily will come rescue me soon enough πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ this is what I get for going solo.

Day and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  11. Newsletter #3

Hello Pimd Community! I hope you all had a good time celebrating the holidays! Not to mention, its also a brand new decade!! New year, new you, and a new newsletter for the Avatar Database Guide😁 A huge thanks to Rad and -Sakurahime- for catching me up on photoshop! Of course, @-PA_KaramelApples- for getting the guide all fixed!

December 2019

Ice Escapades

[​IMG]

Carols and Sugarplums
    [​IMG]

Dropping the Ball
    [​IMG]

January 2020!!

January Spinner Avatars

[​IMG]

Day, Lumenia and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  12. Newsletter #4
    Hello Pimd Community!! It has been nearly two months since the last Newsletter. It's also the biggest update yet for 2020! Although Lily did a ninja update not long ago, I decided to wait until we were all caught up before I posted.
    A huge thanks to -Sakurahime-!!! Avatars get extremely overwhelming when ATA releases them in large batches. She did a phenomenal job on the Lunar New Year Avatars!! Also, thank you everyone who helps me obtain all the avatars each hunt 😁
    I decided to write a small bit about what it's like to work on the guide since posting it. I actually think the upkeep is harder then the majority of the workπŸ˜‚ I know that sounds silly, but it's very true. The last bit I needed to do before the Newsletter took me about 3 hours. I think the huge rush to post was very motivating. Now, I think its hit me how many hours upon hours it must of been.
    Nonetheless, thank you for reading Newsletter Edition #4!!
    As always, a huge thanks to @-PA_KaramelApples- for keeping the guide updated. Photoshop may be lengthy. The actual coding of the guide is something entirely else πŸ˜‚ it's a beast of it's own

Big Top Energy
    [​IMG]

Brisbane, Been There Done That
    [​IMG]

Getting to Know You
    [​IMG]

Mas Appeal
    [​IMG]

Lunar New Year 2020 Avatars
    [​IMG]

Valentine's Day Avatar Shards 2020
    [​IMG]

Superbowl 2020
    [​IMG]

New XC Leaderboard Editions
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Friendship February Spinner Avatars
    [​IMG]

Day likes this.
  13. Newsletter #5
    Welcome to Newsletter Edition #5! I can't believe it's nearly been a year since I started the guide! I think the anniversary is April 29th.

The last couple months has been crud on the hand tendonitis front. A huge shootout to Rad for taking over a lot of photoshop. He is a saint seriously.

A big thanks to @iObedient and @AngelicAussie for the champagne space avatars. The guide has been in limbo due to missing them

As always, @-PA_KaramelApples- deserves all the props for coding.

If you haven't noticed, @Day made an INCREDIBLE guide!! It just went live TODAY! Go check it out. The Box Database Guide. She has put in countless hours of work to bring you guys some amazing new content. She did it all from the research to the coding. It was a real honor cheering her on!

Also a BRAND new guide is coming your way soon. Some of you might know already. For those who do not, the topic at hand came out 2/12/2019!! I am super excited for my brand new guide to go live soon

Without further ado, the updates!

Going for Green
    [​IMG]

Spring Home the Breakin'
    [​IMG]

Social Buddy Boxes Series 7
    [​IMG]

VIP Lounge Boxes Series 8
    [​IMG]

Happy Holi Purim Avatars
    [​IMG]

Happy St. Patrick's Day
    [​IMG]

New App Cover Photos and Icons
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Day, Pat and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  14. Newsletter #6
    Welcome to Newsletter Edition #6!! This last update went out a couple days ago. Hopefully, another update will happen soon.
    My one year anniversary starting on the guide passed in April!!! I still can't believe that! Where did the time go??

Big thanks to @-PA_KaramelApples-
    I have some exciting news for the PIMD Community.

@Day came out with her Guide to all PIMD Parties. She also has a brand new guide coming out tomorrow!!!! Stay tuned πŸ˜‰ Also, don't forget about her box guide if you haven't seen it yet.
    Box Database Guide
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@Maddi_Matsu is making wonderful progress on her Furniture Guide. She needs help with these sets if you have the complete dorms!!!
    Furniture Guide Set Pictures Checklist

Also, a fun shootout to @ATAClaptrap for always helping out with our crazy guide ideas. The community would not be the same without you!

I'll wrap up with my Pet Style Guide is still in the works. 😊
    Below is all the recent updates to the Avatar Database Guide.

April Spinner Avatars
    [​IMG]
    May Spinner Avatars
    [​IMG]
    Shard Avatars
    [​IMG]
    Shard Avatars
    [​IMG]
    A Rain of Peach Blossoms Story Pass
    [​IMG]
    New Store Avatars
    [​IMG]
    The Speedy Word and the Angry Word
    [​IMG]
    The Great Eggscape
    [​IMG]
    Pirate Practice
    [​IMG]
    Monster of the Week
    [​IMG]

Lumenia, Maddi_Matsu and Day like this.
  15. Newsletter #7
    A big huge thanks to @-PA_KaramelApples- for sticking with me a whole year and coding this beast of a guide!!

Happy March!! Can you guys believe the one year anniversary of the guide came and went on November 18th, 2020? I sure can't. Although, I also celebrate many different anniversaries on the guide πŸ˜‚ The one that I really like to celebrate is when I started the project on April 29th 2019.

I bet yall are wondering why it's taken 6 months+ to update the guide or push out a Newsletter. Actually, if you were eagle eyed, a update was done a couple months ago along with an update to table of contents and my main guide front page. We spoiled a lot of the long intro, and I did a rehaul to the 'How to use this guide.' It's definitely worth a read if you are new.

Many of you guys do not realize an entire second page of the guide exists!

A revolution in forums happened last year! @Day created a The Box Database Guide among numerous other ones! @Maddi_Matsu is working on a massive furniture guide. @Muschi is the queen of story tiers and rewards. Lyssa, @Atlas, and many others overhauled a bunch of old guides and made new ones. I made a Pet Style Guide . Everyone always says that forums is outdated, but many people came together this last year to overhaul forums. I also figure I'll write out a few questions I think some of yall might be curious about and answer them.

What was it like updating a guide post launch for an entire year?
    Hard. It's one of the hardest things I've done. It takes months to push updates out because of the coordination between multiple people. The sheer amount of avatars each month gets ever longer. However, it's also really beautiful seeing the guide grow. I never thought I'd see a whole years worth of avatars get uploaded. A comment section that was previously 'reserved' is now completed. I find that magical.

What goes into doing a guide like this?
    Let's start from the beginning. When avatars get released, I have to track them down. Almost everything released, I can take pictures of myself. However, I need help with side story 3/4 avatars (Thank you @Asgardian, certain shard avatars, champagne space combineables (thank you Lyssa), and anything else that crops up sometimes.
    Then, I have to screenshot and crop all those images. Remember when I said sometimes its 150+ avatars each month? That is 150 avatars screenshotted and cropped by hand.
    Then, I have to collage them into four.
    Then, I have to photoshop all that.
    Finally, I crop all those images again and sort them into folders. I also have to make a banner for each hunt, spinner set, shards, and misc avatar launch. Which is my least favorite part of the guide. I can drag my feet on editing just because I hate making banners that much. It wasn't so bad when ATA made the avatar group photo transparent. (IF AN ATA DEVELOPER READS THIS AND MAKES GROUP PHOTOS TRANSPARENT AGAIN. I'D LOVE THAT) But now it's on a white background that has to be removed. Don't get me started on shard avatars fancy backgrounds. I made 70 banners this year for reference.
    Then, it takes the coordination of others with photoshop and coding. It's not easy, but the little thanks I get on my wall and in discord makes it all worth it. Even just knowing that people use my guide daily is worth it.

Final Remarks
    Most people don't realise I have major hand issues (among other disabilities). It was a passing joke I made in my intro. But it turned into a full blown problem that hasn't resolved. Everything about the avatar guide is difficult. It's not easy photoshopping and organizing all the photos. It causes a lot of hand pain. However, I do it all because it's a passion. It's a project that brought the entire community together. From the toughest farmers to the sweetest new players, we made something magical together. It's not something that I'd ever let die. It may take months to push updates. But I'm always thinking about the guide. I'm always hunting down avatars and editing. It's rare that I ever completely get caught up. I do not get help from ATA (except awesome support of course and the occasional avatar that has to be hunted down from the past). A huge thank to Day, Maddi, Lily, Muschi, Atlas, My RS Abs, and the many others who have supported me throughout this past year. The continuation of the guide has only been possible because of the support from them.

That being said if you've made it this far into my Newsletter. I will be looking for photo editors to help with the load of the guide. If it's something your interested in, feel free to wall me. I can also teach anyone.

Also, keep an eye out on my The Pet Style Guide. YES, IT DOES EXIST! I know the level of love is minimum over there πŸ˜‚ I am working with Maddi to completely redo it.
    Without further ado, these are the avatar guide newest additions! I won't be putting the banners up this time because the changes and edits are pretty massive. But I will write them out to the best I can remember.

"Patchnotes"
    Overhaul to introduction
    Table of Contents Update

Added:
    MAIN EVENTS: 2020 Complete
    SPINNER: 2020 Complete
    SHARD: Complete
    SPECIAL EVENTS: Complete
    STORY PASS: Complete
    ICONS/COVER PHOTOS:
    SOCIAL SHOPPER: up to 9
    VIP BOX: up to 10

Glitches:
    2013 8 Days of Reindeer Missing Hunt/Avatars (Soon)
    2014 World Cup Missing Avatars
    June 2017 Pride Avatars VIP (Spinner set. Editors note: Definitely worth the look)
    2017 April Spinner (removed biker bro/summer nights: replaced with lounge-erie style and sweet sweats)
    2019 Eid Mubarack Missing Avatars (Under Special Events)