STORY PASS A Rain Of Peach Blossoms

Discussion in 'Events' started by ATABurgerRP, Apr 7, 2020.

1. I'm confused too

PostMortem likes this.
  3. ATA I love your story passes and I bought this one to honour my Chinese heritage. HOWEVER I've a few questions
    1. Why isn't the most basic avatar available in cash pass? By putting basic avatar in cash pass, people will have a feel of what the quest is like and be more inclined to spend if they like it. Those who cannot afford VIP pass will be happy as well because they have avatar. You know, like the masquerade and the Persephone and Hades pass. Win-win!
    2. For the increased price, we expect increased rewards as well, rather than quests that requires us to spend even more (eg dropping 5 cats/8 kinis.. Really? At this time if recession? )
    3. Please remove time limit or at least extend it for a month or two. Pass itself costs USD$25. It'll be a bummer if people can't finish on time. Many of us have jobs and real life stuff which keep us busy.
    4. Keep the pass to no more than $10/gender please. An affordable pass will be attractive to players and I believe that's what you aim to achieve instead of pushing others away. You want to retain old customers and attract the new, don't you?
    Thank you.

xCarmilla, B2147, -MoB-Cola and 20 others like this.
  4. Which tasks is the easiest one.. revenge, justice or peace??๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜ณ

5. I thought revenge was the easiest because it could be completed the fastest. However it requires PvP and not everyone likes that. I recommend checking out the tasks for each in the Stories Tiers and Rewards thread and figuring out which would be easiest for you to complete :)

6. Okay so I talked to a few people who done this side quest and they get to the point where they have to buy the 249ec Green Essence to continue no matter if ya picked Peace, Justice, or Revenge. The question I have are:
    Am I going to be able to do both side quests buying the green essence?
    Will there be other ec items I have to do to move forward?
    If I did buy the green essence instead of the red essence, would I have to spend 250ec again?

7. I do flash so I chose xc
    It's up to individual tho

Muschi likes this.
  8. Yes, I do agree. The ones I have said, TapJoy has the right to revoke the offer if the trial is cancelled immediately. So for those reading, be wary of how soon you cancel your trials. They should blatently state in the offer, what certain stipulations are. Though this does not mean they won't screw you over. So read carefully.

Aphire and Muschi like this.
  9. I love this post, thank you. I was thinking of buying it, only in support of my Chinese heritage, but I don't know if I can muster up the real "want" to purchase it. I know I made a huge ass rant earlier, but I had my reasons and this was why. I don't exactly 100% love the avis like some, but I love what they represent. I don't know if you will ever see this, but do you think it was worth it? I love being able to express my heritage in things like my room and avi, but $25 for one avi that I am not totally in love with is.......... Your opinion? Or anyone really who is reading this, what is your opinion?

CheesecakeGoddess likes this.
  10. Im the same i love the first avi but don't like the rest of the avis and not be funny ata but don't even put the first or pet in the free this time not even worth doing the free one people cos there nothing to really to show for it and im not paying ยฃ25 uk to to get the avi what normally free now before any one starts i buy all story pass up to this point but this one just not doing it for me i think it wrong that the first avi not in the free pass any more or pet style all the other things we can get through just normal hunts plus stat items so it not worth doing the free one sorry people and the full cost more than other and don't offer as much this time round

B2147 and TheMadHero like this.
  11. I'd say whether it's worth it depends on the tasks you choose. Some requires dropping 5 cats 8 kinis etc if you picked wrongly.

With that being said, I agree that the price is steep! That's RM100 for me๐Ÿ˜ณ if ATA keeps this kind of pricing up, this is the last story pass I'll buy.

Economy will not recover well for at least a few months so yeah, please take that into consideration for pricing and rewards... You don't want to throw casual players under the bus

B2147, Dhiwatah, TheMadHero and 3 others like this.
  12. Here to ask if anyone else is experiencing a problem with the sword/comb drops. After two days, and a dozen of invites parties, I haven't received nada, so I'm starting to wonder whether or not they really drop from 'any' party.

Now, onto the discussion: Gorgeous avis, gorgeous pet styles, and the rewards are quite nice as well. I know not many of you will agree, and would probably trash my opinion because, yes, I bought the VIP pass, but the price is somewhat worth it, considering you get 2 cats at the very end and other nice rewards. I say "somewhat worth it" because previous story passes also had cats as rewards, yet they used to cost only 100ecs, but they had tasks that require you to purchase the pass for somebody else (making it 200ecs in total). The masquerade pass (you know, the one everyone got so happy about bc you could buy the regular avi for 5ec, but then you had to drop 2 cats for the VIP avi) would cost you 143ecs in total, and the reward was just one avi. It's nothing new by this point, ATA have done this for a long time now, and the pandemic is a reason for them to benefit from our extended time spent at home, and our remaining money by increasing the price more and more with each new thing.

I get it, it's business, and it's affecting ATA as a company as well, but the increase of price is not exactly what I'm nitpicky about. I mean I'd be fine with a little increase if it was reasonable and not done in such an obvious way. The problem is that they aren't even attempting to hide it, instead they are drastically upping the price of everything and it isn't left unnoticeable even for the average player.

This is why this whole thread is full of ranting from people who wouldn't even try to buy the pass, because as soon as a buyer sees a high price, they get pushed away immediately and wouldn't even try to give the story pass a chance. Now, I may not be business professional, and I am surely not the one to teach ATA how a business should be ran, but I have worked for a business company, and I know that the way they lure buyers in is definitely not by increasing prices in people's faces. No, they do it secretly by deceiving them with lower prices at first, using sales and discounts that subconsciously make the buyer want the product for such a "low and affordable price", and then slowly increase once you agree to sign up. The key is to do this unnoticeably, so that the buyer won't notice how they are being robbed. Funny enough, a simple discount can do so much to blind a buyer and have them spend more and more on that company.

You see where I'm getting from this?
    Tl;dr Lower prices at first glance = more buyers = more money for the company

13. Not all passes have been 99ec fyi. That Frostrune one was 149ec

14. NVM it was 199

Hera and Muschi like this.
  15. Guys I kno this is a hard time but we have to remember that hunts and passes are planned out way before hand. This pass was more than likely planned out before the pandemic. And honestly 249ec is about what it would cost to do both passes in previous story passed to get all the Avis. Here it's just in one pass.

Hera, Muschi and Leigh like this.
  16. You donโ€™t even get the first avi from the cash story pass alone, you have to pay for the VIP story- who thought this was a good idea??

B2147, -bae, Aphire and 3 others like this.
  17. I think ATAs plan was to make this story 249 ec then they will probably drop the price to 200 ec or something like that for the next story. Basically they want to make it ridiculously expensive so that when/if they make it cheaper they think we will be happier they dropped the price, however the price will probably still remain over 99ec. ๐Ÿค” Just my thought...

Aphire and -BB like this.
  18. Idek what to choose and Iโ€™m on the first choice. Like my break wasnโ€™t long enough bc I still have anxiety

19. Sounds like their plan. It's essentially what they've been doing.

Aphire likes this.
  20. Not all the story passes where 99ec tho. This very first story pass was 199ec there was another pass vday of 2019 that was 249ec as well and u only got 2 Avis with that one but it did give furni

Dhiwatah likes this.