So

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WhoTfIsWesday, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Has anyone here caught corona virus yet? The Canadian government is recommending we stock up on water and survival stuff as if this is legit the apocalypse and the world is ending.

2. I caught it... and flushed it down the sink.. send me ec gifts ty

LoveStruck likes this.
  3. I thought i did, i dunno if it was, just felt like a bad cold.

I think everyone is overreacting, i don't see why we need to stock up of water. Most places have totally fine tap water in Canada

Alicia, Carrie and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  4. I’m not from Canada, but I agree it’s mostly overreacting.

Muschi and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  5. Agreed. My main fear at the moment is that airports will shut down and I won't be able to go to Japan while this lasts =/ also my new roommate keeps coughing, she probably is going to give it to me

6. There's a lot of overreacting regarding coronavirus. I think while we should be cautious and take care, there's no need to stock up on water or apocalyptic anything like that. The dead vs treated rate is pretty positive, and in my opinion feeding panic can only worsen the situation. The only situation I can see that could be a real huge problem is if the virus starts to infect a lot of people at the same time and there's not enough hospital beds for all the worst cases.

Anyway, I hope they find a cure/vaccine/whatever for this virus soon.

7. There’s a lot of overreacting because of fear mongering media outlets

Vo, Alicia, Carrie and 1 other person like this.
  8. Also the Canadian media will try talk about anything other than what's going on with Wet'suwet'en.

I hope you can go to Japan!!

-BB and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  9. Truth! I see almost no one talking about it other than friends on Instagram. Thank you

Carrie likes this.
  10. A lot of the people i follow are talking about it. Media here sucks ass for it, but Global News' shares are control by someone on the board of directors for a boy oil sands company in Alberta i think, so makes sense.
    I've donated to their legal fund and wanna go to the blockades but I've been sick

Long story short the media has their own agenda, i don't trust it.

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  11. Same same. I had the worst cold in 10 years starting on Sunday of last week. I’m recovered for the most part but it sucked. Idk if I should waste anyone’s time getting tested as they’re not very effective and it’s cold season anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️

RoseMilkTea and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  12. The virus has reached my country and masks here are sold already and they are pricey.

Carrie and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  13. From what I've read from the CDC and other reliable (albeit mostly American) sources, while it is highly contagious, it isn't very deadly to healthy individuals taking the right steps to protect themselves (meaning going to a doctor and getting the necessary medication and taking care of your body in general). It's mostly the elderly and those with weak immune systems who need to be extra cautious and take extra procautionary steps.

That being said, all the hand sanitizer and antibacterial soaps in the whole city seem to be sold out right now. 🤧

But, I'm not too worried about myself, personally. It would suck to get sick, but eh 🤷🏻‍♀️ no use worrying when I could just as easily die from a million other things today.

-BB, Carrie, Syl95 and 3 others like this.
  14. The world downplayed the corona virus and are paying for it. You shouldn't make the same mistake. The virus is just two months old and is already spreading exponentially. We don't know the source or the cure for it yet. That said i do believe that it has been sensationalized by media. But hey, better safe than sorry

As far as stocking up on water and survival stuff is concerned, people are panicking and stores are going empty. The manufacturing industry has taken a hit and the supply chain has been disturbed greatly. So I think you should stock up

15. nah don't panic. But avoid handshakes and going out just in case u have the virus. Quarantine yourself

16. Hella cases here in California and around my city. Kinda hoping for a full-blown epidemic so I can laugh at everyone freaking out about dying when we’ll all be a pile of ashes in 30-50 years.

17. interesting. Why will we all be a pile of ashes in 30-50 years?

18. The xenophobia and racism directed towards Chinese people (and other East Asians) as a result of this is more upsetting to me than the actual disease itself.

It's definitely a concern, but not nearly as much as the media is making it out to be in my opinion. I understand wanting to limit the spread of it, but I don't think it is the end of the world and majority of people are able to recover from coronavirus. It has a low mortality rate and the flu is more contagious, if I remember correctly.

It's being made out to seem like it's the plague and we're gonna wipe out a good chunk of the Earth's populace or something, and it's all the fault of every single Chinese person! 😬🙄

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  19. I don't think any country is reporting the numbers correctly so basically we're all in the dark. The kind of steps the governments are taking definitely tells a story contrary to the numbers reported.

Iran releasing 54k inmates, Hong Kong distributing helicopter money amounting to $120b, Korea assigning over $9b to fight the virus, etc. tell me there's more to it than meets the eyes

There's a theory that this was a leak from a deadly biological weapon china was preparing but we don't know and will never know the truth.

On a lighter note, avoid physical contact with people and stick to rp. These are the times when pimd can thrive

20. I had someone at my job tell me I needed to wear a mask today, and I’m not even Chinese 🤣

People are getting so paranoid.

Maddi_Matsu and Muschi like this.