WTF is up with Rave Attire?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoseMilkTea, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Let people wear/not wear what they want is my motto

2. I think rave attire looks kinda silly but I am unbothered by people walking around half naked

Muschi likes this.
  3. I went to a music festival and there were girls and guys walking around fully nude.
    It was such a nice music festival tho because everyone was so nice and welcoming, everyone shared things and helped each other out.
    If itโ€™s what they want to do, why not?
    Itโ€™s fun to dress up, and dress down sometimes.

4. I'm unapologetically me, and it serves me well. Quality friends and family, people like having me around. Life is great! So cute assumption, but no. Sorry my outfit of choice a few days a year offends you. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Wesday and Muschi like this.
  5. It really is just a matter of wearing as little as legally possible to keep cool in the crowd I guess. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Tbh, I love seeing girls wearing pasties on their nips, high waisted booty shorts, eyes closed, absorbing the music, bouncing to the beat, smiling. Just seeing people happy and free makes me feel happy and free! Raves are an entirely different world, rules and societal norms don't exist. If an outfit helps someone transcend and escape reality for a night, power to them!

6. I donโ€™t say this about anyone but I think @Manic has a delightful personalityโ€ฆcompared to you anyway.

MiniMinx and Manic like this.
  7. LOL we were raised very differently. Have some self respect ;)

8. Why has everything changed?

9. Again with assumptions? I was raised a sweet country girl, church every Wednesday and Sunday, covering up, elbows off the table at dinner. I decided to think for myself as an adult however, and use rationale and logic rather than the baseless values I was taught. Clothes definitely do not pertain to self-respect. I respect myself just fine, take care of my mind and body, and still enjoy a pair of booty shorts over fishnets with platform boots. Do you call women slรบts for enjoying casual sex too? Rhetorical question btw, previous answers are a good indicator. How awkward it must be, to be so close minded in 2019. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Closing point, rave attire is both practical, fun, and freeing. You'll never find a sad raver, that's for sure! High key recommend everyone go to a rave/bush doof at least once in their lives. My first was life changing! (dramatic but true ๐Ÿ˜‚)

GodTierOni, Sloth and Muschi like this.
  10. I appreciate your imput on this ๐Ÿ’–

I feel like I've outgrown my time to try and go to a rave. I hate crowds and the majority of the people seem so young. But a music festival in general would be an amazing experience. I should probably open my mind up to the idea of it more

11. [​IMG]

Sloth likes this.
  12. I'm too old, but look young enough. ๐ŸŒš I get serious social anxiety in crowds but for some reason it just totally disappears at these events! Every day should be rave day. ๐Ÿ˜‚ My fave has been a 4 day bush doof (Aussie EDM camping festival in the seclusion of forest/bushland) that was equal parts hippy and raver. Learn astral projection and tie-dying throughout the day, watch fire twirlers and get rowdy to house music at night. ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ˜

Sloth likes this.
  13. It is a push. We were at pants before but with the nudist/naturist movement, postmodernism, etc., fasion is becoming more and more accustomed to closer approximations of nudity...

What fashion is there in a pastie or in bootie shorts? None except that they allow more body to be seen. They're not so much fasionable items but fashion necessities or fashion liberators.

I don't know about the nudity, ofc it isn't always a way of seeking attention, but it is a method that people could use to seek attention. Maybe the intention of nudity, for some, is to flaunt? Maybe for others it's to fit in and be normal in a society where it's seen as cool, or maybe they don't want to overheat.

In primary and highschool, at school events, I never wanted to wear a rashie (swimming top). I wanted to have a bare chest because it was what all the cool kids were doing and, later because it was more attractive to females. Being cool was, after all, attractive.

I felt attractive. I didn't often think about girls cause I didn't want to talk to them at that moment or do anything at the pool, but the intention to attract was still underlying the norm.
    Even then I wasn't naiive enough to think that it was just the fashion. Fashion is often functional. Physically functional for comfort and stuff, but also Socially functional: to communicate wealth (Supreme) , status (Polo Lauren), affiliations (merch), physical attractiveness (Bikini).

People wear clothes for different reasons. People at festivals, especially, probably want to keep cool.
    Or they also want to be attractive. Sex and drugs are 2 major players at music festivals. So it is a tough call.

I just listed 2 big reasons why she might have been wearing a bikini. I hope she brought something warmer, even a big towel, for just in case.

RoseMilkTea likes this.
  14. I'd be more down for secluded camp shit like that, rather than centre of a metropolis kinda vibe.

You're really sellin me with the arts n crafts

Muschi likes this.
  15. I wanna go to Burning Man someday tbh

16. Kefo comin in hot with the thoughtful answers.

Poor nips got suffocated by your rashie โ˜น

17. I just don't think it's realistic to say it isn't about sex.

"Everything is about sex except sex. Sex is about power."

18. When I went, I mostly hung out with a group of musically inclined, cool old people and talked a lot about music, drugs, culture and adventures. Everyone was nice, everything was free, everything was beautiful. The heat and dust sucked but it was an exceptionally unique experience, and I compare it a bit to LARPing a bit because you are cut off from the outside world (no cell reception or anything) and the environment created there is so different than how we live day to day.

Muschi likes this.
  19. I'm not personally into recreational drug use (but ofc I don't mind those that are) but I would def enjoy the other stuff. It's so faaaar from the East Coast though. I've never been further west than fucking Kentucky.

20. Its everywhere there but definitely not a requirement. We met two straight edge brothers there who unknowingly ate cookies that had pot in them, though, so just be careful, if you go! I got to help make most of my own food there so you can probably do the same to make sure.:)

Muschi likes this.