WTF is up with Rave Attire?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoseMilkTea, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Burning man seems like a way more down the earth vibe.

I think with how coachella has blown up, a lot of what i think about when i hear or see raves/festivals is very much social media influenced and not as much about the overall experience. Which is probably why I'm being quick to judge. Anywho 🤧

Muschi likes this.
  2. In my experience, you are right. While Burning Man is probably just as well known as Coachella, influencers don't seem to have as much of a hand in sort of "advertising" for it, so people tend to go there looking for something different than what festivals like Coachella offer and vice versa. There are similarities, too, though! :)

Muschi likes this.
  3. 😂 if this is the -Julie- from 3-4 years ago, she’s playing y’all like a fiddle.

4. Describe the Julie you are talking about. Idk if this Julie has used the IGN before. She's had a lot of accounts and a lot of IGNs

5. It is the same Julie, yes.

Muschi likes this.
  6. Wow we stan an iconic queen

Wesday likes this.
  7. I hear ya there
    [​IMG]

8. Obsessive as hell. That’s all I gotta say 😂

9. Australia's "Rabbits Eat Lettuce" festival seems similar to Burning Man! I have friends who travel to the US to perform there and would love to go with them one day, before I'm too old. 😬Coachella doesn't appeal to me cause it seems to be a different kind of demographic/scene. I'm all for chill vibes with everyone genuinely loving everyone, and a sense of safety if you accidentally fall asleep in one of the purpose built human nests or tree houses. 😂

10. I hope she's good with her hands.

11. I am super jealous of your friends for having a talent that allows them to travel like that. The term "human nest" wigs me out, though- I watch too much Sci-fi, I think. 😂

12. Coachella got bit by the commercial bug this year and has a dubious future.

Muschi likes this.
  13. Ya mean HerpChella?

Kefo and Muschi like this.
  14. Coachella has been hit by the commercial bug for the last few years it seems like.

I agree with @Manic tho. Coachella definitely seems like a different type of festival demo than I would be interested in too. I'd be more into like, OG Woodstock-esque type music festivals. Burning Man seems to fall into that cat.

I've also wanted to attend metal festivals. My fav rock/metal radio station throws one annually in May and maybe I'll attend the 2020 one. 🙏

I'm a concert virgin so I'm definitely a music festival virgin.

15. GhonorrChella :lol:

16. They really are! They're twin guys, one is a DJ, the other corporate, they run an event management company, and have developed several festivals in Australia in the last 7 years. I wanna tell you their names to look them up, but, TOU yo. 😅 Oh ew, no, human nest does sound creepy now I reread it. 😭 Let me rephrase... human sized nests made from cane/wood, hanging in the trees. 😂

17. That's awesome! I get so hype about real people being out there living their dreams. So, like, a tree bed? Because I could really get behind a tree bed.

18. Pokémom evolution of a hammock

19. "Pokemom" lmaooo

Muschi likes this.
  20. [​IMG]

Sherily likes this.