WTF is up with Rave Attire?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoseMilkTea, Jul 6, 2019.

1. There is an edm festival near me and it's been making me think about the clothing people decide to wear.

I just saw a girl in the middle of a very busy street, wearing nothing but a very revealing bathing suit.
    Old Rosie was thinking where is your jacket young lady? It's overcast and about to rain, what are you thinking??

Am i being judgemental by saying that rave attire is far to revealing? I honestly just think it's unnecessary.

Anyways. What are your thoughts? Do i not understand? Am i just old? Have you been to a rave? Is this my last question?
    Yes it is Kthxbai
    [​IMG]

Jaey likes this.
  2. You do have to consider that a huge chunk of them are rolling, which makes you overheat. They tend to be outdoor events in the heat as well and they are dancing, so it makes sense to wear as little as possible.

Manic likes this.
  3. Not revealing enough m888

Brandish9 likes this.
  4. They need to put more clothes on and have some self respect. You are correct

Jaey likes this.
  5. Oh Mama Rosie Pie let me just sit u down and teach u about this generation...
    Tbh ppl just tell like to wear fancy nip covers & bathing suit bottoms and call that an outfit.
    (It happens even at Coachella)
    I don’t think there is a way to change it, sadly.

6. True. They would probably overheat on drugs. But it's on the verge of raining here πŸ˜‚

They about to get muddy asf

Sloth likes this.
  7. This is where I'm torn. Because i believe in freedom of expression, but i just think it's unnecessary.

To each their own i guess

Brandish9 likes this.
  8. Lol tbh they don’t care I regret my first rave I came out so freaking messed up and dirty... I was like never again... and guess what I never went again...

9. It's so crazy. But I'm sure they said the same things in the 30s about women wearing pants n shit

10. Life has taught me girls whom dress like that need to attract men to their bodies because their personalities are shΓ―t

Buwbuw likes this.
  11. I was in a mud pit at Ozfest one year and it was actually super fun! But I also wasn't dressed up in anything fancy so... πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚

12. A intentional mud pit sounds fun asf!

13. Thats why young teen girls are looking like theyre in their mid 20s!
    Damn when i was a young teen the most i wore in makeup were those sticky ass lip gloss shiz ☺️❀️

14. i think you are just more concerned on what's gonna happen to them while wearing those clothes. 😊

15. Yo EDM fests have to do with letting loose and enjoying your time being young. Its honestly about wearing less and dancing more.

16. This thread is pretty judgey and victim blamey tbh. An outfit choice does not equal consent by proxy, nor does it mean it's for the attention of the opposite sex. Technically, you could swim in a full coverage body suit, but ya'll still wear bikinis and high cut one pieces yes? Are you attention seeking? No? Didn't think so. And even if you are doing it for attention, way to go you for having the confidence and positive sense of body image to do it without feeling shame! There's no difference between a rave outfit, and cosplay tbh. Maybe if people stopped making a big deal about people's clothing choices as if clothing is relevant to ANYTHING other than self expression, comfortability, and religious choice, it'd stop being such a hot topic and our children could grow up with unbiased opinions and maybe, just maybe, "she was asking for it" would stop being an often touted excuse for assault. Let people wear what they want to wear. Lead by example, yo.

This has been a PSA from your friendly lesbian festival enthusiast, who is in a committed and loving relationship with no desire to attract attention from others, wearing cute outfits just because I want to, for me and nobody else, when I can be amongst like minded peers who aren't going to paint a big red A on my chest because I dare to bare. *breathe* 😘

GodTierOni and Chili like this.
  17. Have you ever considered that perhaps you have one of those personalities I was talking about?

18. Idk they might get a skin infection like that tbh

19. I fully admit to being judgey about it.

I however i also believe that an outfit choice does not equal consent.

I have seen some hella cute outfits, and some very questionable ones. I'm more so talking about the literal thongs/lingerie in a high trafficked area. Like i wish i had that kind of confidence, but even if i did, i don't think i fully understand the reasoning behind it. Or essentially what started that culture of attire for raves in the first place, because i have a curious mind and it's not i scene I've ever been a part of.

20. Yikes. Imagine making assumptions about a person's personality based on their clothes. Yall really out here wildin.

Manic likes this.