Beta War - Test #2

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by pimd, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time for the next Beta War Test.

This time, we'll be rewarding ALL actions, successful or otherwise, with promposals, still to a cap of 50, +10 additional promposals to the winning side.

For timing, we'll start at 2 PM PDT, keeping it in the same time block as before to minimize variables between tests.

Summary:
    - We have an improved War Rewards distribution system, this lets us change up how you get rewarded for warring
    - We want to address the inactives issue with wars (players signing up and then not doing anything)
    - Our previous test seemed to make sure everything is all good with the system
    - Now we wish to look at which actions to reward to encourage good war strategy

Times:
    Sign up starts at 10 AM PDT (4 hours before the war starts, you'll have 2 hours to sign up, then two hours for match ups to happen)
    War starts at 2pm PDT and goes for 2 hours until 4 PM PDT.
    There's only one war for this as wish to ensure we are correctly rewarding good war strategy

Intent:
    Previously, we rewarded successful actions only, however, as many of you pointed out, this ignores players that are cow-ing or taking hits as part of good war strategy.
    To help, with this war we are rewarding ALL actions, successful or not.
    This should encourage solid participation in the war while continuing to discourage inactive players.

Mechanics:
    This is an individual war, where you sign up and get automatically assigned to pre-made clubs with a bunch of other people.

You'll earn 1 Promposal per action in the war, to a maximum cap of 50 Promposals, PLUS the winning team gets 10 more Promposals for kicking butt.

We'll be open to discussing how the war went and your ideas on ways to tweak the wars in the future. This is just the start, so if you can't make it out for this one, don't stress.

Smurfette's Guide on Beta War signups:
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=81191

Beta War Test #1 + Feedback
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=86461

2. Ugh, I can't make those times? but good luck everyone!

3. Unload on eavesdrops = success

4. Kaname i thought about that 

5. This time I'm doing this for myself screw the war hit list

-nirvana likes this.
  6.  eavesdrop the weakest person, easy. This war is gonna have stats like

Fights: 169
    Dance: 69
    Eavesdrop: 669
    Prank: 92

7. Ok pimd, can we remove eavesdrop from the potential success list? Doesn't have a function in war. I'd argue prank too but I'm sure others would disagree

8. Good cause last time i was getting pinned and couldnt attack much

9. I agree, remove ed from successful hits lol

10. Agreed casper.

11. ヽ( ͡° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) ノ :roll: :geek:

12. And if i am on your side, stop telling me to "quit lurking" i would post if i could 

13. @Pimd when will rewards be increased? Plz respond to me honey

14. lol, that would have been handy to know last week :p
    Unfortunately we'll have to do that with the next test as it's a bit late notice and a slightly more different set up than last week's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.