Beta War - Test #2

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by pimd, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How many beta war trials for this hunt? Pls make the next bwar on a different time sched so those who werent able to participate (because theyre sleeping its too difficult to wake up@4am) can join too. thanks :)

2. It's not sleeping time for everyone. The last lot weren't suitable for a lot of people. Can't have it your way all the time

3. Yeah, the plan is, try to make sure we've got an enjoyable war experience, and then schedule more regular individual wars for the future weeks of Prom, and definitely at different timezones to try and accommodate as many people as possible.

So... besides ignoring Eaves Dropping actions while rewarding all other successful + unsuccessful actions, what else would you guys like to see rewarded or discouraged for a solid Individual War experience?

Regarding penalizing inactives, I don't want to go too harsh on the negative repercussions as that would likely scare new people off trying it out. So I think a tracking/banning system might not be the right way to go about it.

It'll be interesting to see how many inactives we see after this next test, and once we don't count Eaves Dropping.

4. ? must stay awake fall asleep now I won't wake up for war  3:25am

Have a warning system, if a player failed to be active 2 wars, 3rd war they get penalised in some way.....it's always the same people who are inactive in war.

5. Just to clarify, does unsuccessful and successful incoming actions count for reward?

6. For the hitter it will count idk about the defender. ._.

7. Dont make vip of the war by top plunder. U will have ppl only wanting to dance to get money instead of following directions and pinning then with fight. If anything give vip to most actions done. That will encourage ppl to be active all war and to war with 2 dns. I think that would be the best solution for that.

8. Hmmm... interesting idea, could be worth trying out.

9. Just actions you take, not defending.
    It was considered too exploitable for people to just sit there and take hits and get stuff.
    However, it was said that by rewarding failed actions as well, if you are trying to hit from pin you'll still get rewarded for that.

10. Sad. Your rewards system is based on group strategy for individual sign up.

What are the odds of players with different configurations being paired into the same club?

What if your club consisted only of players configured the same way?

You're trying to make beta wars into something they're not.

BTW. I have 6 wins / 3 Losses in Beta Wars.
    (Stated only to qualify my opinion)

11. war is about teamwork dude… i think their changea are for the better cuz ppl who act as independents rather then helping their team usually cost their team the win… and iv won like 22 out of 33 beta wara something like that. Done as many as i could and id say they have beem improving from the wars iv been in. Changes arent always for the best but for these beta wars i think they are.

12. PIMD can you change the timing or something? Or is this temporary? Because I'm from Singapore and the war will start at 4am for me and I can't make it. Reply dm please and thanks. ️

13. This is just temporary for these specific tests.
    We'll be addressing different time zones once we're into regularly scheduled individual wars for the event.

14. @Pimd, after this war system is finally fixed and made to where yall like it. How do u plan on running on them on the future? Daily? Weekly?

15. Open for discussion really.
    I would imagine for future Hunt/Events, it would be at least daily during the events.
    Outside of events, we can discuss how often you guys would like them.
    We'd want to strike a good balance of fun and interesting, without being so frequent they're boring.
    We'd like to end up with Individual Wars and Club Wars both being solid viable war options that we can switch between.

16. Well, if someone could clear up the time zones. Because I'm not that good at matching time zones.

17. Aside from hunts, a weekly Beta War would be awesome. At first, daily seemed really cool but, PimD had a point. If Beta Wars was too frequent, it would get borriinngg.

18. I like that yall are trying to make it where its spaced out but yall need to do that for hunts aswell. And for the beta wars id say do a majority on weekends but there are a few who work weekends so maybe a some during the week(for when hunts arent on) and when u do have one running make it daily like u did for the pizza cat hunt. I did about 9 of those lol couldnt make em all but i since yall ran them so much it allowed me to make the ones i could.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.