Why dont tutors get a choice? What is consent?

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Diablo, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Thank you for your unoriginal visual contributionšŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø

WesGhost, fire_lord and Noen like this.
  2. I mean for a VIP to be upset, I really don't understand. They have the knowledge and the experience to be able to deal with it.

TC is pointless. Unstar it so it doesn't show up.

Your old pup is still a friend or supporter and can do everything with you that they did before with the exception of talking in TC.

The ex-pup should be able to explain that in pm as well instead of tearing up @ the big bully who wasted their money. Shows a real lack of experience from both parties.

Sansa, Muschi and Diablo like this.
  3. VIPs are the biggest crybabies. Iā€™m not sure what experiences you have, but mine entail hiring someone who *wanted to be hired off*ā€¦Then receiving a nub pencil with a empty threat šŸ˜‚

TC is mostly unstarred, for myself. I know some players use it a lot though to ask for cash gifts and help volleying etc.

For someone who is new to the game and doesnā€™t understand a lot they will be deterred rather quickly, though šŸ˜‚

Idk I feel like ATA doesnā€™t help their own case a lot of the time

Just like how youā€™ll be silenced for calling a player a scammer. Youā€™ll have to learn the hard way with that one.

4. That's just them being friends then. I have never been close enough to a pupil to ask them for anything and I would ignore my tutor if they tried to contact me for something

MamaErica and Muschi like this.
  5. If they block their pupil, they canā€™t see their talk in tc anymore. Open market. Keep your tuts priced correctly or donā€™t fuss about hires. Pupil matters zero to player unless they over exaggerate the importance. This is a silly topic

G4BBY, MamaErica, Sansa and 5 others like this.
  6. I mean technically your idea is unoriginal, too, as its been suggested multiple times before. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø So unoriginal threads get unoriginal responses.

LeeJarrett, Vo, RoseMilkTea and 2 others like this.
  7. I think this is something that would lead to the fall of the people on the tutor leaderboard lol.

I mean lets face it, most of the tutor hoarders of the game arent wanted as pup so :oops:

Doubtful the game would input anything like this. the vips are the best cryers but also the best spenders.

I recently had to be volleyed to get hired off my last pupil.....

WesGhost, Diablo and Noen like this.
  8. I donā€™t think harassment via hiring is a silly topic. It happens often.

fire_lord likes this.
  9. Iā€™ve never seen it be suggested for one, Miss Muschi, nor have I seen anything in relation to the harassment that comes with the hire button sometimes.

10. Some of what Iā€™ve said is rhetorical and sarcastic but the big picture of it all, that I wanted to be a focal point is harassment of small new players. Iā€™ve literally seen two players 20-30mcs harass and name call a 100kcs player while repeatedly fving her to hostage her. Itā€™s not cool. Bullying isnā€™t something I condone nor partake in.

HerGrace likes this.
  11. I agree. Volleying someone isn't bullying in and of itself... But if someone is acting mean, threatens to do something (FV) as a part of that meanness/bullying, and then does it...

Not only does it build the association of hiring as bullying for that new player, but is used as a convincing bullying tactic due to that intention and connotation.

How many kids in school have completely inaccurate, untrue, and what should be unoffensive remarks that barely challenge their pride, but merely because of the meanspirited way they are delivered, they work to effectively demoralize them? Or more commonly, are just called a name which they don't even know the meaning of in a nasty way.

In both cases, it must be said that even helpful, ineffective, unoffensive, or generally benign things, when included in a pattern of bullying and without consent become instruments of bullying.

To argue against that would be a folly.

I think it would be easy to dispel newer players' fears and anxieties surrounding it but they need someone to support them through that.

MayaTheHopeful and HerGrace like this.
  12. I can agree it happens. Currently though, I think there are enough resources for players to avoid most of the harassment that comes from being hired. Though the point you make is overall understandable.

Sansa and Diablo like this.
  13. Omw to become your pup and bully šŸ˜”šŸ––

Day likes this.
  14. Whoops I meant to quote you lol

15. Sounds to me like OP wants the reset button back.

I'll support that

fire_lord, Vo and Diablo like this.
  16. I wasnt around for it, but it sounds lovely

LetsGoBrandon likes this.
  17. What about the vice versa of this though?

The tut now has to provide consent to be hired and the pup is trying to get rid of them. Either they don't wanna give consent and the pup can't get anyone to hire them, or the are inactive and not inactive enough to prompt your consent suggestion.

Regardless of the scenario above I think it's too messy and not needed. It is part of gameplay, sfw or not.

MamaErica, LeeJarrett, Vo and 2 others like this.
  18. Forming a bond with a tut to the point that it's emotionally distressful for you or them when they get hired of is an entirely stupid thing to do. Especially as an older player who knows the tut market is open. Not being someone's pup doesn't mean you can't be their friend/mentor.

If your tut got taken and you can do anything about it, simply accept that it's a part of the game and pass on that idea to your tuts who are new to the game.

You can't stop people from hiring or assholes from being assholes, but by acting a tad bit maturely you can prevent it from being a negative experience for yourself and the newbie tut. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

G4BBY, MamaErica, WesGhost and 8 others like this.
  19. interesting insight, didnā€™t think of it in a reversed scenario thank you for that

pupil can always drop the tutor while losing a fraction of the funds

mostly from what Iā€™ve seen the pupil will OP and hostage and not let anyone hire, even if the tutor hired is already severely OP they will hire back

itā€™s typically done with malicious purpose, for example trying to force people to rp or just harassing etc

20. I agreeā€¦Completely. A game should never be distressful. And it isnā€™t šŸ˜‚ because itā€™s merely for fun and for entertainment (or at least thatā€™s how it should be)

I donā€™t know, I just wish it wasnā€™t even possible to be able to do such things is all. I feel thereā€™s a vulnerability to an extent for smaller kcs players and such an imbalance it can ruin their experience. This isnā€™t entirely about open tut market that youā€™re talking about (which is rather evident). Itā€™s not exactly feasible to have a consent button for reasons explained as per others posts, but itā€™s quite the power imbalance I guess. Iā€™ve just seen a lot that turns me off and makes me want to write something like this

MamaErica likes this.