Why dont tutors get a choice? What is consent?

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Diablo, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Why can’t tutors pick their pupil, exactly? Oh wait I think we all know the REAL reason why.. (🌝😂)

I wish ATA would consider that hostage hires are a real thing, and are usually equipped with bullying and harassment. I think everyone who’s bigger stats and very active all went through a phase where they were repeatedly hired and passed around. It would be great to curtail the power trip too many people like to go through when they have cash out and smaller sized enemies. I see a lot of poor interactions between some tuts and pupils. Mostly newer players are absolutely terrorized. Everything is geared towards pushing small players away, it seems.

HydroHippo, -StormiE-, Twerp and 12 others like this.
  2. It's a game feature, not a social feature

3. I’m aware of it being an in-game function hence it’s a button you can simply click. This topic is to create discussion about said in-game function, not point out the obvious.

HydroHippo, Prim, BenSolo and 5 others like this.
  4. Am I the only one sat her blinking like what? Thank you for contributing to the conversation ig, even if it wasn't anything remotely close to contributing. ANYWAYS. Aside from the fact it would make it a little harder to volley people (and imagine sfw 🥴), I would like to see a feature of some sort brought in that allows people to give consent. Because too many people do weaponise it, and it does for some people, fall into the category of harassment. I've been there. Some of my tuts have been there. A lot of my friends have also gone through similar situations. It's not fun. It could help during war too... prevent your tuts from being hired off. Idk. Just suggestions. Ideas. Whatever.

Zyonn, -StormiE-, Twerp and 7 others like this.
  5. Coz theres no bonus vakue to a pup but there is for a tut. If you wanna keep someone as a pup then pay them to over price you by alot and it will lower the chances of you getting hired by someone else

6. If a tutor can simply choose their own pupil, would that mean that new players/accounts can just decide who their pupil will be thus disabling the ability to hire said account?

If that were to happen, volleying in general would fúck up the game pretty bad; not to mention how fúcked up the tutor market already is..

On the sfw side of things, if tutors can lock their pupils, then people can run rampant without repercussions and do what they want since there's no longer consequences anymore other than gettinv hit. But what would getting hit do if you don't lose anything?

Or mayhaps tutors won't be able to lock in their pupil. I don't know how this would work. Maybe a pop-up when you're about to get hired that says "Do you want so-and-so to hire you?"

That'd be pretty annoying.

7. LOL. Go off sis 😮‍💨

Yes, I think *most* people have been through something similar, hence the topic was created. For conversation about said situations, and how it can make their game experience poor. And deter people from staying. They’ll do anything to stop and curtail PvP and say things like “breaking rs as cf is now deemed extortion” but then where is the force volleying and hostage hiring being admitted as harassment. There’s just double standards, that should be talked about.

8. Touché. I have a lot of tuts, though. So I’m speaking from experience when I say overpricing doesn’t always work, especially considering promos. People will do a lot to spite a person. Especially when there’s no consequence outside of pixels.

I was still 54mcs and 70T when someone who was *trying* to farm me hired me during a BF promo. It’s not uncommon for people to be petty. I’m entirely capable of handling myself at this point but I have seen far too many people legitimately bulling kcs players with their friends. And it’s sad.

9. Of course if something like a consent to hire button was added there would have to be limitations. There could be a “trial” or “open volley” period for new accounts. And for inactives it would default to “consent” if they hadn’t logged in in x months/weeks/years etc.

As far as sfw is concerned there’s plenty of players who don’t like their pupils. You would be surprised— they just deal with it because they aren’t capable of handling the fallout. Plus, there’s always inactive accounts that are “bottom tuts” that are typically underpriced as all hell.

Taking hits without having any hires would mean you can’t keep cash out. It’s still a nuisance to be hit at any time unless you constantly deposit or buy piggies. In that case you’re losing 20-25%. Loss is still loss. I have players that peacetag in 1-3 hits and I know they don’t keep cash out. Some people are just crybabies about it.

HydroHippo, Indeed and fire_lord like this.
  10. I totally see all your points and agree/understand where you’re coming from. What kind of solutions or suggestions could you think of that would prevent kcs players from being hostaged and bullied by people who are way out of range? This is just something that’s been on my mind for a while. I just held off on posting any kind of topic.

HydroHippo and HerGrace like this.
  11. Who your pupil can't be "weaponized" cuz it doesn't affect you in any way

12. Really it comes down to pupils and tutors being aware of the power of hire value.

MOST of these conflicts occur when the tutor is underpriced and those cases of heartache/stress would be gone with proper education.

There would still be some cases of Force Volleying tutors out of peoples' ranges but then you can block, stay friends and ask for support from your friendly mentor... And deal with it as we normally advise.

An actual feature for this? I mean, tutors can send gifts to people asking them to hire. I have had tutors send me messages reminding me to hire them. Speaking out is sort of enough. Clear and Public consent can be given on walls on in stats "Don't hire me from SweetMarcus" to let people know.

I think there is enough in the game already, but that a better tutorial and more easily accessible information would go a long way in helping with this issue.

The only additional function not available to us is an active lock.

That would end sfw's instantly and kill the game. Pupil sends messages to all their tutors "lock hiring" then they will never be strip farmed.

I know ur trolling but this is a good time to take aim at the horse 💩 tutorial provided by a.t.a.

• Tru calls dirty pool and False information from a MOD.
    • If this isn’t a social feature there wouldn’t be a tutor chat.
    • Have a Great Day : (

13. You asked a question so I responded. I also think it's pretty obvious so I'm glad you agree.
    The function builds your stats. If there was any sort of limitation on who could hire who then it would be unfair to players looking to get stronger.

MamaErica and V_Witchy_101 like this.
  14. Rhetorical questions, are meant to incite conversation. But thank you for your observation in the hire button function.

15. Lol I did want to respond something mentioning the tutor chat but I’m not one to prolong useless conversations. 😂

16. Kefo coming in hot with the facts as usual 😂
    Yes I agree. There will always be trolls who avoid reading meaningless statuses also though.

17. I just don’t like the abuse I see. For new players but there’s also this happening on a much grander scale at times. I had a friend, who was hostaged by a VIPs rs at 60t for about a year. This friend had the pupil blocked from before being hired and their price was above their stats for a while since they were FV and OP’d. This pupil would taunt them in TC, often. It was quite cruel. And she only got out after a few promos, and additional force volleying.

Dolcezza likes this.
  18. Who my pupil is can’t be weaponized*? You mean? That’s entirely false. I guess you’ve never farmed anyone to the point where they cry to their pupil 🌝