What is a stat item?

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Kefo, Jul 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am confused. Still no consistent answer.
    There seems to be a stat rate as well.

If anyone could explain those things, I'd ve really grateful.

2. "A stat item is a showcase items with stats that have no other market value or use than to boost your misc bonus sounds like a decent definition to me."
    • Majority of stats rewarded through hunts/stories fall under this definition, but the definition also accepts similar items that pre-date the modern hunt.
    • It also narrows out things like chibis and chibi bentos as they have been decided to have a market value separate from the stat bonus they provide.
    • Spinner sets can fit under this category but the items that make them don't since they have the use of combining into a set.
    • Furniture is exempt because it has a use other than stat bonuses and its market value isn't entirely based off the stat bonus it provides.

3. Can i say 'chibis' & 'peps' r also stat items? I guess yes maybe?

4. Everything is a stat item

5. Great explanation, but just one nitpick: combined items such BB combos and the aforementioned spinner sets arguably don’t fall under the category since they’re worth substantially more than hunt drops of equivalent stats, likely because they’re harder to get and are collectable (I have a bunch in my starred showcase myself).

For example, spinners are the cheapest roughly 2-3 weeks after their release at 3:1c, which means the cheapest 300kcs set you can get is around 7c. For the same price, you can get more than double (625-875 kcs) the stats in low tier hunt drops depending on your trading, which indicates that spinner sets have value beyond their raw stats.

Muschi likes this.
  6. That's a good point, hm. There's always some sort of gray area regardless of which definition someone tries to apply! Not to toot my own horn but I still think mine is the best I've come across thus far, but it definitely needs tweaking to accomodate that gray area.

7. Question answered, Locking 👍

For future reference please use this thread for questions to avoid cluttering forums, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.