UPDATE: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by ATAMarceline, Oct 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey friends,

We acknowledge all the confusion surrounding the LB rewards at the moment, and we fully understand where you are all are coming from. In light of this event, we would like to take this opportunity to explain the reason(s) why we gave out rewards the way we did.

It appears most of the frustration is surrounding the difference in rewards given to players. While we failed to communicate this properly, we do have our reasons for making this distinction: it was done to appropriately reward players based on their contribution level to their team. We really wanted to make sure that players who put a ton of effort in, who were very passionate about PvP, event participation, and had sweat their butts off to win, got rewards they truly did earn.

We also wanted to avoid seeing players potentially taking advantage of the hard work of these said players by putting in minimal participation. We struggled with how to do this properly though, and this is a big learning moment for us.

In retrospect, we most certainly realize that we should have communicated this in-game much better and we’re working on improving that communication process.

When you're constantly trying to come up with different event mechanics and experimenting with ways to better interact with your own game’s community, inevitably, some mistakes will be made. The goal is that we learn from these mistakes so that we can create better content for you folks, and we can keep fostering trust and goodwill between us!

We’re really sorry that this whole thing came off as super confusing, and was not communicated clearly. We understand your feelings, and we do appreciate your feedback because we sure as heck are taking notes on how to make the next PvP event, and really, all future events, clearer and more fun.

We really appreciate your understanding and patience with all this and how passionate each and every single one of you are. It’s that passion that makes the PIMD community as awesome as it is and we couldn’t be making games without it.

Thank you so much y’all.
    Signed,
    Jodie, Jean-Grey, Wanda, Marceline, Zelda and the rest of the PIMD Team.

Leaderboard Rewards

Instead of a single set of avatars, we decided to create 4 different tiers, with slight colour variations and appropriate stats to reflect the amount of participation. All other rewards were kept identical for all tiers, with the exception of the Decor Box being removed from the bottom most tier.

Here are the requirements for each tier:

Tier 4
    40+ Skeletons

Tier 3
    18-39 Skeletons

Tier 2
    3-17 Skeletons

Tier 1
    1-2 Skeletons

UPDATE

Note: I have copied the response I posted here below. --Strange.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133798&start=280

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We 100% screwed up and we really appreciate your patience and faith.

We want to make things as right as we can, but we also can't give a Top 10 VIP avatar to multiple thousands of players for very little contribution because it would trivialize the work that so many others have put into earning high stat avatars in past events. Therefore, because of our misleading promise, we will instead be giving you back what you expended to acquire them. We are refunding all Doctor’s Notes used during the Undead Undergrads event. If you refreshed your strength and intelligence via EC, we will also be refunding those.

This will apply equally whether you chose Vampire, Demon, or No PVP.

I know some of you may not want to hear this answer, but we have chosen to do what we believe is fairest for all, given the circumstances.

For those of you who are disappointed with the reward you got - we're sorry for letting you down. We hoped that the large reward would still be generous enough to satisfy everyone, but we were wrong. It has been a big learning experience for us at ATA, especially those of us who are new to the team, like myself.

For those of you who would have worked to hit the higher tiers - we plan to do more PVP events in the future, and we'll improve the mechanics and clarity of the events with each iteration, so you'll have another chance to PVP your way to the top in the future.

For those of you who, for some reason, decided this is the place to demand an Addams family hunt, uh, thanks for lightening the mood? I can't get the song out of my head now.

All of you should be aware that we’re going to continue trying new event mechanics in order to keep PIMD fresh, and with every new thing we try there is always going to be the possibility that we mess up. In fact, it’s practically guaranteed that we’ll mess up in the future. However, when we do mess up, we will compensate you for your time, effort, and trust.

Above all, thank you for being part of the PIMD community and for voicing your opinion.

Strange

Muschi likes this.
  2. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

?

3. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

So you're not gonna compensate us? ?

4. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

Blah.

Next time just disclose the actual information, thanks. Don’t advertise falsely.

If we knew about the tiers, players would have definitely put more effort in. ??‍♀️ Whatevs

5. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

Thanks!

6. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

If I knew I needed 40 I would've gotten 40? At least give us the avatars like you promised?‍♀️

7. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

The only people complaining are the people who know they didn’t try hard enough ?‍♀️

8. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

Thanks for explaining! I like the tiered rewards, but I definitely agree with better communication being done from the beginning. As long as this is taken into consideration in further PvP hunts or other similarly designed leaderboards, I'm good. ?

9. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

Thank you for the explanation Marcie ️

10. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

See you could’ve communicated this in the beginning and bam problem solved but since you didn’t .....

11. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

Did y'all read the post?

12. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

Be up front about your events..

13. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

Definitely wouldn’t have wasted hundreds trying for top 100 and would’ve gone for PvP rewards. ??‍♂️
    Still bs.

14. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

Since you kindly ignored my halloween suggestion, I just wanna say that I think the addams family would also make a great christmas hunt das all ty.

15. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

Absolutely!

16. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

You Falsely Advertised whilst speaking in riddles about how many skeletons you actually needed to earn the rewards. It was advertised that you would get a 80% Avatar. This has nothing to do with who worked their butts off more and love pvp. It's about who pays you enough money to get the most and it always has been. You're a money grabbing bunch of Scammers.

17. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

Well explained ❤ thank you

18. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

Congrats on tier 4 tho

19. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

If all the other rewards are the same why didnt i get a cyan coloured avatar?

20. Re: “Undead Undergrads” PvP Rewards

I didn't even look at what items I got lmao. I got the misc item and ava so I'm happy. But yes communication would have been nice and getting a more clear idea of what was expected of us. ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.