The BIG Question EVERYONE Asks

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Diablo, May 19, 2020.

?

Is bringing back past avatars of interest to you?

1. YES YES YES šŸ˜

70 vote(s)
    69.3%
  2. Um...no. Foh šŸ¤Ø

31 vote(s)
    30.7%
  1. And probably gets shut down for it šŸ˜”...

So Iā€™ve always been one to play games similar to PIMD. Usually what these games will do as far as re-releases go, is save them for special occassions such as Christmas/Thanksgiving time and especially for Black Friday toppled with sales amongst other kinds of crazy deals that everyone eats up.

Iā€™ve been a member for about 5 months on PIMD now and thereā€™s so many furni themes and avatars that Iā€™ve missed out on. Yeah I could pay a lot of bentos and chibis for the furniture and stats but the only other way to get the actual avatars is through other accounts. Buying accounts is against TOU and I do not condone it whatsoever. But one could argue that a big reason that it happens is from limited time avatars.

All Iā€™m saying is that I really wish there was at least some special event where I could finally get some of the avatars that Iā€™ve missed out on! Heck I didnā€™t even know PIMD existed until 5 months ago. It doesnā€™t affect the overall aspects of the game. PIMD is great, I just think that this is something SO many people want as well. Wouldnā€™t this be great to make a lot of money as well? Iā€™m curious as to why something like this isnā€™t in the works.....unless it is šŸ¤”

2. I really want to have the past avatars, I have been in PIMD for the past 4 months.

Diablo likes this.
  3. **ADD ON: when I say bring back avatars...

AVATARS such as spinner and ones that have previously been purchasable in the shop!

I donā€™t believe in being given free handout avatars that were previously quest line ones which had to be WORKED FOR!**

4. Yeah itā€™s very saddening when I find yet another avatar thatā€™s like omfg that looks more like my style and thereā€™s NO WAY of getting it bc itā€™s from the past and not even from a box šŸ˜Ÿ

-ORB-Skhye_Azure- likes this.
  5. I could see it being a ā€œfan favoriteā€ type of event where youā€™d have to re-earn avatars in stories.

Overall Iā€™m not particularly inclined to the idea, but I can understand the drive players have towards this.

Maddi_Matsu and Diablo like this.
  6. This is a great idea

7. Why... Why is anything to do with bringing avatars from the past back a good or bad idea?

i... in some discussions, I see progress and like this cool dialogue or like a dialectical move towards some true middle ground that is better and could have some positive outcome for the community however with Avatars, I seriously do not understand the point. I really fucking don't. Yeah for something fun and wacky maybe you could all try to get these weak ass avatars. I do not care who gets them. Imo, may as well make avatars over a year old all free to anyone new who joins the game. I do not give half a fuck about them.

The only good and fair/unfair thing about anyone getting an avatar ever is the stats on them, but old ones all have butt stats. Devs make good avatars to motivate many people to try in hunts, and spend a lot of money on the game but that is all they do for the devs.

A good avatar a) costs lots of resources to get and has good stats and b) costs lots of resources and looks good.

I don't see anywhere in here a positive aspect to bringing back old avatars. I just hear LOUD NOISES about how greedy and vain people are.

If you are really happy with the ones you get, you will stop participating in hunts and trying to get the new expensive avatars that the devs release, and avatar hunters who already have the old ones will be able to take a break.

In essence, you are asking for a break from a POINTLESS cycle and vain fixation that you voluntarily engaged in and can disengage from any time.

If the devs ever went through the effort of re-releasing old ones, it would be more of the same. Exorbitant costs, and you still being a slave.

You only need 2 avatars, and only if you do pvp: One with heavy strength and one with heavy intelligence.

That is IT!

Alicia likes this.
  8. There are games similar to pimd? Like what

Alicia and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  9. I mean, if people like to collect 5 billion avatars...more power to them honestly. Itā€™s just a different way to play the game then what Kefo is suggesting.

To say that thereā€™s only a need for x amount of anything is like saying thereā€™s a ā€œrightā€ way to play the game.

10. KaW šŸ¤­

11. I think they mean avatar wise. Iā€™ve seen people use Love Nikki (a dress up game with a competitive component) to draw a comparison for avatar pricing & variety.

Diablo and Alicia like this.
  12. I feel like that would kind of defeat the purpose of having new avatars in the first place. If you just had all those old avis back it would be kind of boring and repetitive. Defeats the whole point of them being limited time. The constant new avatars and fresh content is one of my favorite parts of this game. You canā€™t have that if ata starts bringing back old avis just because some players didnā€™t play back then. If you didnā€™t play back then, then you didnā€™t play back then. Donā€™t be bummed cause you missed out, you can still play now and have fresh NEW avatars šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

v_vTUKMOLv_v, Sansa, Day and 2 others like this.
  13. How will i know what shards am i going to collect? Answer me please :((

14. You can choose what shards you want to buy.

If you are opening shard boxes, then you cannot know for sure. Possible drops are usually listed when you press on the box to have a look but when you open it, it's random.

Day and Muschi like this.
  15. Vain? Fixation? Itā€™s not that deep. Thereā€™s just not a lot of avatars I have that represent me the way Iā€™d like. Lol itā€™s not the first nor the last time a post will be made like this. I donā€™t even PVP either

16. Yes there are. Iā€™ve played a game thatā€™s pretty similar in many aspects, minus PVP. Thereā€™s forums, boxes such as hunt boxes, except itā€™s just like a gamble to pull rare items or not. You make an avatar. Thereā€™s a marketplace to sell the items that create your avatar. Users even can make their own items with ā€œticketā€ items which are very expensive in game šŸ˜Š

Victoria likes this.
  17. Not all avatars should be brought back. And the frequency of which theyā€™re brought back should not be, like I said, more than maybe once or twice per year so even having a re-release would be a very special occasion that would overall benefit PIMD by bringing a lot of profit. Bringing back avatars is a frequent thing a lot of my friends bring up and frankly I agree bc all of the avatars that I SEE that I REALLY like more than any of the ones I have right now, are all old.

18. Curious what game this is. šŸ‘€

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  19. What is it called

Muschi and Maddi_Matsu like this.