The BIG Question EVERYONE Asks

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Infamous, May 19, 2020.

?

Is bringing back past avatars of interest to you?

1. YES YES YES 😍

70 vote(s)
    69.3%
  2. Um...no. Foh 🤨

31 vote(s)
    30.7%
  1. Why? Why is there anything that ought to happen?

Sounds like you've asked for candy, been told no, and then said "okay, 2 pieces of candy per week" is fair and good...

How did you fall on this? What factors have been weighed up in determining this frequency?
    "gatekeepers don't want old avatars coming back"
    "I do"
    Solution: I only get a few. That's reasonable.

Again, not really hearing the benefits: representation?
    Your showcase items are better at representing your interests and likes better than an avatar ever could anyway.

That other game sounds like a good place for avatar hunters to go.

2. Am I allowed to say? I don’t wanna be offsite advertising LMAO..

3. I mean I’ve already named a game so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. We're only not allowed to discuss other apps in pub/campus chat and on walls, I believe. Last time I checked tou, it's allowed in forums

Infamous, Maddi_Matsu and Muschi like this.
  5. You can say its name. It isn't an endorsement or advertisement of it

Muschi likes this.
  6. As long as you don't say something like "Add me on [game]!" or something, you can mention it casually.

7. Oh well I’ve played a game it’s a website called gaiaonline since I was a kid. It’s more of a forum based kind of game, but you make your own avatars and they constant release new boxes containing a whole set or theme of new items that costs their currency to buy. And you open it’s like RNG

Ivanette, Muschi and Victoria like this.
  8. I KNEW you were talking about Gaia 😍 I've played that game sooo long 😆
    Another online game I played long ago that I feel is very similar to PIMD is Neopets. 😂 These games are my personal favorite. Ones that include collecting through various story lines or mini games, marketplaces for trade, and a large emphasis on the human connection, even in game. GaiaOnline doesn't have pvp, but zOmg was so much fun! It was a game vs npcs, and in order to advance, you had to work together in teams similar to clubs and parties.... The idea is similar. The game play is v different. 🙃😆

Drawing comparisons from that game, they have done many rereleases of old, limited availability items that are used to customize your avatar. However, they often released them as recolors, or as random drops from boxes received as random drops. Many of these, only when they became very rare in the marketplace in an attempt to control CRAZY in game inflation.

The in game inflation from managements choices was so bad in fact, that they are literally a poster child for how not to cause hyperinflation in an online gaming community.

Now on the topic we are actually discussing, I support rereleases of avatars in recolors or in a more modern PIMD art style. In fact, I feel like that is exactly what has happened with the current events female bartender, as I know many of you have noticed. They did something similar with the pride avatars that had an octopus added in the second year of release. It is obviously something the devs have considered and discussed implementation of.

Personally, I like that the recycled bartender seems to be one of the more difficult avatars to collect in this hunt. Imo, if they do rerelease avatars, they should be even more difficult to collect than the first time. And I do not think that LB avatars should be rereleases, at all. I would be most supportive of a restyling of the oldest avatars (the roller skating pizza girl I would love to see in the new art style 😍 even tho I have no idea how she was initially released and I'm lazy rn to look 🌝).

9. P. S. Also, those Gaia forums were amazing in their hayday, and so beautiful to look at.
    Computer forums> phone forums

10. Oh, I've heard of gaia. I never really thought of how similar it was to pimd before.

Victoria and Infamous like this.
  11. Yes. Gaia is failing because of poor management and because they pushed people into buying and eventually re released everything and inflation and blah blah. But yes it was fun back in the day I don’t really log on as much...but back to PIMD I think there should be something similar to bringing back old avatars. They don’t have to be exavtly the same, they could be recolored or something like that! To show that they aren’t the originals. I think this discussion has lead to a lot of great things and that’s why I make forum posts. Even if some things can’t be implanted there’s always ideas that come from it. I had neo pets when I was a kid as well 😅😂

Victoria likes this.
  12. Still not seeing the benefits

13. There is no benefit to you, you’ve stated this. You also just don’t care. There’s no benefit to the overall game other than having something possibly profitable as this is something that is asked pretty often. You don’t care I don’t understand why you’re watching this forum so intently? 🤔

Feedback forum posts I make are directed not only to see other people’s opinions but also to put my ideas out their for ATA. Just suggestions

14. I think after reading some of other people’s feedback, that bringing back old avatars, in SOME sort of way is something that a decent population of newer users are interested in....

Maybe having newer versions, possibly recolors the way they do VIP versions? 🤔

Are avatars going to affect the game? NO. Never said it would. Will it make people who play the game happy? YES! Newer users? YES. Older users? They probably won’t care but it WONT AFFECT THEIR GAMEPLAY.

Overall I think this is something ATA could possibly look into implementing in the future if they DECIDE to, knowing that their is a user base that would in fact be interested! (Myself inc.)

Everyone’s feedback was very helpful, thank you for voting in the poll people 😊

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  15. Ignore kefo, he wears blinders.

Bellissima and Infamous like this.
  16. I mean the only narrative being appeased is "Wow I am so greedy and jealous that I cannot have that useless thing that other people have! I will be so happy when I can get it, too"

We sinking to that level and appeasing those players? Or are we going forward, producing new avatars to engage both the players who already have those old avatars and those who don't.

If you rephrased your question as: would you prefer an old avatar be released or a new one be released, I doubt that the try-hards would outweigh the people who already have them.

The the question in the OP was just about the Idea of having old avatars come back in any form, and didn't really acknowledge the compromise that exists there, and still wasn't THAT popular. 2/3 is sorta weak for a question like that.

Perhaps some avatars would be more popular than others and the concensus would be that "A.T.A haven't released anything that good in years, and it would be thoroughly welcomed back" and like 80% of people would vote saying they'd prefer it over a random new one, considering the run they've been on.

Then i think the devs might react to it.

17. Beginning to see that
    Ima just sit in my corner and be jealous and greedy now 😔

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  18. What game?