Scammer ALTS

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Infamous, Nov 30, 2020.

1. I’ve made a few threads about this in the past. Here’s another one, cause I’m sick and tired of seeing this one individual in particular, (yes it’s evident it’s the same person) in campus spamming their same ritual scam. “Gift me one stat item for 1b, two stat items for 3b..” so on and so forth. “Gift me a 499 for 5b!” It’s obviously a scam. We all know this. But the reason why it works is because they single out and target new players. Once they get as much out of the account, they simply discard it and make another one and repeat the same scheme over and over every single day.

I actually started hiring these accounts to keep tabs on them and try and help some noobs..What do they do every time? They say “pup is the main” “bentos on main acct”.... lol.

Everytime I make these threads I’m hit with the same “there’s nothing ATA can do” “noobs need to learn for themselves”

Do not waste your time posting this...There ARE things ATA can do. Theres absolutely no explanation of anything when a new user creates an account. They don’t know the value of a chibi or a bento...or any lucky purple pulls they may get from a lite box.

You could argue that they can come to forums for advice or ask a friend. But for one, a lot of people surprisingly don’t even know forums exist for this kind of thing. Or how to use them, even. And a lot of people don’t take the time to help these newbies. They end up getting scammed very easily....it has no impact on me but I try to do what I can. But it just gets to be a lot.

I’d like there to be more steps towards curtailing the scamming of new players. Why would they want to stay on a game that doesn’t care? I’ve reported plenty of accounts from this person and I don’t ever see any results of that.

🙂🙏 #TeachTheNewPlayersAboutScams

2. I'm gonna assuming people are followimg since you're the "main". Are yoi educating those people?

3. Following? No. Most people aren’t gullible enough to believe it’s true. I just wanted to include that because I think it’s funny. Nobody has followed me thinking I’d give them their “owed” bentos, lol.

4. oh okay.

Rip my typing 🌚

Is there any way you can get directly involved or is that something you dont really wanna do?

5. Yehh i seen them. Amazon is part of that to

Ellyse and Alicia like this.
  6. It's sad really but none wanna help tbh🌝
    Big players usually forgot that they were once noobs as well or still are maybe who knows

-Mallika-, Ivanette, Muschi and 2 others like this.
  7. Definitely, there’s a lot to be said when a poor newbie sells a 999 for like 5 bento because they don’t know any better.
    The least Ata can do is include in the introduction a task to explore the forum for a day, and an easy explanation of Chibis and bento.
    Furni pricing would likely have to be left up to existing players to explain, but at least then the newbies know they can ask forum questions and that Chibis are the currency

8. Well a lot of the times the new players that fall victim end up silenced due to “defamation” by calling the scammer, a scammer, lol.

I avoid this. I try and hire the alt, OP it if I have to, and when people hire them from me I tell them that it’s just a ploy to get free stat items. Whatever bentos were placed in the account are only there to make it look like they would be given out. Sometimes the alt accounts gift themselves from another alt, and leave “trusted trader” links but it’s really all the same person...Just set up to make it seem believable. It’s honestly so pathetic that they take the time to do so much just to scam.

I would love to do more, but I am just a player. I’m not a mod. I report the accounts and report anything in violation of the TOU. But like I said, I don’t see any benefits ever. They get silenced sometimes, but then they just make a new account or return to the previously silenced once the silence is over. I do /what I can/ but I’m saying ATA needs /to do more/ if they want to keep their new players and improve the overall gameplay of these said players.

9. I’ve heard of them as well. There’s many IGNs having the phrases “free bentos” “amazon” “gifter” “gift me” “trusted”. None of them are trustworthy. Evidently new players are too naive to understand any of this. They just hold onto the glimmer of hope of someone being nice and giving them bentos that are otherwise harder to acquire when you first start playing PIMD.

Muschi likes this.
  10. I agree. And I get it, this happens everyday and every hour. It’s a continual problem. I keep posting about it and it’s never really addressed properly. I’d like something to be done for once.

There’s only so much I can try to do. I’ve made a multitude of forums but it’s just frustrating that there’s really nothing being done. I get it, there’s other things ATA can focus on. But if you aren’t trying to keep your new player base at all, what are you doing? You’re driving them away. And you’re creating animosity through your lack of caring and lack of action.

Adeline564 and Muschi like this.
  11. Scamming is hard to regulate and that's why they implemented the trade system, just encourage new players to make concrete deals and use the trade system instead of gifting items for the possibility of bentos in return.

You can also gift players to warn them if you happen to see them on the person's wall.

(Please don't name igns on this thread as that is considered defamation)

12. Lol not even 5 bentos. That would be just a really bad lowball. They’d over like 2 bentos or even 1 😂😂😂😂

And yes I agree that could be a potential step in the right direction. Even I don’t know the price of everything when I’ve been here for a bit. There are plenty of guides but like I said many don’t even acknowledge the forum section at all.

Muschi and Corgi like this.
  13. Yes, I know this. I get told this each time I make a forum about it & I understand this. I do these things that you advise but they will of course just repeat the same cycle.

Can I ask if ATA does IP bans at all? Not that that would even solve it, but why don’t they consider doing these if they don’t?

14. I’ve actually suggested that Forums be added into the tutorial!

I created a mock up of what I thought a nice introduction guide would be like, so players could better understand how to utilize forums. There’s so much information on here, so it would definitely be helpful.

As for the main point of the thread, I do agree that it’s an issue. You’re welcome to wall or gift me if you find any specific instances if the player appears to have broken the ToU.

15. They do in certain situations but scamming isn't against tou.

imo there isn't too much to be done about this besides maybe adding a few things into the tutorial and having our experienced players encourage the new ones to utilize the trading system.

Muschi, Phobia, Atlas and 2 others like this.
  16. They do ip ban

Muschi likes this.
  17. Wait when did you get mod 😯

18. I'm surprised you didn't see the announcement given how often you're in forums, here's the link.

19. hes busy hanging men 🌚

Muschi and Infamous like this.
  20. I get your point but I think ATA is trying to track a bunch of alts. Because a person in Asian Campus (Kuku and alts) has been continuously making ALTs and disrupting pub chat with their spams which is really frustrating for all the players. We have been seeing that since almost 5 days, yet not solved, so ig ATA is trying (it's just a guess tho).

However what we can try best is to encourage players to go through forums in pub/campus and it would be better to have a forum tutorial (What Day suggested)because forum is really confusing for the newbies. They don't even know how to find any particular thread they are looking for. This is what we can do until ATA starts taking action on the scammers.
    There's a scammer of stat items as well, I can't disclose the ign here but they have been scamming newbies with stat items buying 500kcs for 1c or something like that, when I confronted them, they denied of scamming, well I can't blame the scammer as well because it isn't against Tou.

Muschi and Infamous like this.