NEW FEATURE Rate My Room: A Brand New XC!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATAMarceline, Nov 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im not seeing an assist button. Can someone please help me

sheniaLayne likes this.
  2. Is that the only button you’re not seeing?
    If you’re not seeing any option for liking/assisting, reminder that you have to submit a dorm before you’re allowed to vote.
    If the option to submit isn’t showing up, then you probably need to update.

Muschi, -Drebin- and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  3. I absolutely love the new addition. Honestly. But I do have a couple small suggestions.

- A skip button when voting, because SO MANY aren't sticking with themes.
    - Maybe a link or something, from profiles, that would take players to a vote page with that person's dorm vs another. (Although I could see the popularity drawback there so I understand ATA not implementing that)
    - Sorting of the voting. Such as people with 6 or 7 items vs like dorms, and full dorms vs full dorms. It would give newbs easier chances.

Honestly, this is my favorite update in a long time, it's wonderful, and other than the skip button during voting, which I think it desperately needs, I'd be happy just the way it is. ATA, great job, as usual! 😍🥰😍

4. There’s a forum that was made for suggestions towards the new XC here.
    If you have more ideas you can post them there :^) a few of these ideas have been brought up.

5. Alright ill check. Thank you!

Phobia likes this.
  6. Why totally incomplete room is showing or none on theme rooms too.. Another question is how my room is voted or assist if never gets into the loop, I start on 30 positions I drop fast to130, on the spring one I was the whole time inside the 40 them the last min I was out of ’50s w ppl on the same point level I was

7. Totally agree w you

8. Some people submit dorms that are incomplete because they don’t have a lot of furni but they still want to vote. Some dorms aren’t on theme either because 1. they have a different idea of the theme than you or 2. they only have 1 dorm set and they’re using it to be able to vote. Both of these types of entries aren’t something ATA can control.

As for getting into the voting loop, you can only get 5 assists anyway so as soon as 5 friends assist you you can only rely on likes. Likes are anonymous and random, no one has control over how they get into the algorithm.

Cinnabun and Muschi like this.
  9. I would really like a skip option too. I'm tired of seeing the same rooms that don't even fit the theme

10. I exit out of the voting screen and reenter and the dorms change! An actual skip button would be lovely but that's a hint so you don't have to vote on some crappy submissions in the meantime. ❤

This_Is_Jessie likes this.
  11. Mushi, I'm sorry but I won't agree with you, if you don't have furniture to do an paradise room don't participate that is simple, started room never will be on any theme right so must had a qualification series for newbies, now I'm getting room the only have a bed nothing else, and about assist I get but I my room isn't displayed no one can voted. I think even leaderboard shouldn't display names, just the number we will know where we are cause our number get purple. Votes should be based inside the theme not because u displayed Alice in Wonderland for example

12. Sorry I should had said phobia

13. not sure if this is where I ask for some assistant's n rate my dorm or not 🤷
    but like my dorm please 💗

14. I get that. Some people submit rooms that clearly doesn't match the theme, for example, a full Teatime of Horror room used in a beach theme.

I also agree with what Phobia has said, we each have different interpretations. I would have given a winter themed room a like if they used that furni in the Paradise theme, but there are some complete rooms that doesn't match the given theme at all and are receiving more likes than people without a complete dorm but matches the theme well.

15. Mushi-
    Anywho I don’t think anyone has the right to tell anyone to not participate first and foremost.
    Again, you’re required to submit a dorm to be able to vote, new players are submitting newbie dorms to be able to participate. While I think this rule should be changed- at this moment it’s not so people who don’t have furniture need to do things like this to participate.
    Also technically there are qualifications since you’re required to equip at least 6 pieces of furniture to enter a dorm.

(also if you don’t want to vote for a dorm with starter furniture- just skip it)

I also think showing players on the leaderboard is fine. You can only have 5 assists and I’m assuming if you’re on the leaderboard you probably already received 5 assists so that doesn’t really affect anyone.

Cinnabun, Sansa and Honor like this.
  16. Sorry, *5 pieces

17. ?

18. Lucky people :vote the best
    Unlucky people : not going to vote the best
    Reason??? At a make it that way...
    Only those feel the same unlucky understand each other...

19. I agree with you, and I never said ppl shouldn't participate; I just think or have different entries ( like newbie rooms or miscellaneous room and themed rooms, so I do think should have a triage

20. 👇🏼

Muschi and GothThot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.