I have questions

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Victoria, Jun 30, 2019.

?

How do you feel about the profile picture things?

1. I want to change mine!

27 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. I don't want profile pics in forums.

5 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. I don't care either way.

25 vote(s)
    43.9%
  1. So, I'm starting to get used to new forums a bit, and I actually am pretty excited about all of the updates. The forums feel more 'legit' now tbh. 😂 And I love the polls!! Squee >.<

I still have some questions though. I'm sure you do as well. So, here's a thread for everyone to ask questions about how the new things work and get help from the rest of the community.

I thought I had changed it so that no one can see if I'm online, but I still see a green dot next to my name. 🤔 Am I appearing offline to others?

I can not create new tags, so what tags can I use? 🤔

Please feel free to ask your questions below as well.

2. You appear offline.

3. Thank you! It was really bugging me. 🙃

4. I didn’t know you could use tags

5. Yeah, when you're creating a new thread, there's a box for tags underneath it. I'm not sure how to use them yet though. 🤔

6. I think they just created the space they needed for everything right now, but will be adding their features in future updates
    (Forum convos, profile pic, tags etc)

7. Yeah I tried using tags to make my thread... Promising? I'd started using tags before to make finding threads easier.

It would be nice to have some standardised ones to constrain searches to.

But when doing those searches, an and/or logic option to apply to multiple tags would be really good.

8. It might be something that used in the future hopefully.

9. I hope so; it definitely seems like they have left themselves a lot of room to grow forums still.
    I see the benefit of having some standardized tags to use. It seems so far no one has really figured them out, so they must be an area ATA plans to grow.

10. I just want to change mine to an anime character tbh

Sloth likes this.
  11. Either something they want to grow or something they've already used to a limited capacity and couldn't be bothered to patch it out.

12. Yea, I suppose this could be the case. I'm thinking that's how conversations are going to be. I just can't imagine them being anything but a waste of time and resources since we already have pm's.

13. i wish they could find a way to then have it hidden. no use having it take up space since theres already so much going on

14. Hopefully an update comes soon where we can change forum pfp and that the clean some stuff up.

Jaidah likes this.
  15. I miss quick deletions of posts

16. Forums are already hella bulky.. I hope the pfp thing doesn't make my phone cry

17. Yeah, I hope all of the features that end up not being used get removed/hidden. Like Drunk said below, forums is pretty bulky now I'm general.
    I didn't even think about that... My phone already dislikes opening any forum with too many images/gifs, I really hope to pfp won't make it works. O.O

Muschi likes this.
  18. OK I have a question i tried putting in tags but they said they were invalid and the 'instructions' under the tag thing is not that useful tbh so how do I make tags if all the ones i use are invalid (I'm still new to forums)

19. I believe tags are new to forums too and we're still figuring them out

20. Oh ok ty cause I thought I was the only one with this problem 😅 also I cant see any pictures in forums? I can see gifs but no pics at all