Common Misconception

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JoyBoy, Aug 23, 2019.

1. I've noticed a lot of people in Pub have been asking for littles to rp. Well I'm here to educate. Littles ARE NOT sexual in any way. Littles are people who go into little space because of a few reasons. One being because they missed out on their childhood. Little need to be taken care of like the age that they revert to. You as a mommy or daddy take care of that little, littles usually enjoy what kids enjoy at whatever their little age is. If it does get sexual between someone who is a little, they're more than likely an age player. Please dont get the 2 confused

2. Oh. I thought they were looking for people to join their book club.

[​IMG]

• Little and littlespace are kink terminology ー aka, inherently sexual in nature. The actual psychological terminology for what you are calling littlespace is age regression.
    • Age regression is a symptom of several major mental illnesses that result from extreme childhood trauma, such as sexual abuse. It is when the emotional maturity of the individual in halted at the age(s) where the trauma occurred.
    • While age regression is a natural phenomenon that occurs, it is NOT healthy. Individuals that age regress have been severely traumatized and are in need of professional help. They should NOT be enabled on a phone game, of all places.
    • The common confusion that littlespace is nonsexual is the result of people belonging to that kink taking advantage of traumatized people (particularly females) and bringing them into kink, when the traumatized individuals need professiomal help.
    • There is no such thing as "nonsexual littles"; if the individual actually age regresses (which they would need to be diagnosed by a professional), and does not just roleplay as a child and/or just enjoys thing commonly associated with childhood, then they are misinformed.
    I'm on my lunch break, but that's all I can think of at the moment. I might add more later.

Please educate yourself properly before giving PSAs. Mental health is very important, and I know that you understand that.

Kefo, Angee, LaraAmor and 4 others like this.
  3. Lmao.. I remember those.

Angee likes this.
  4. Bless your innocent soul.

So 100% of people who into this are 100% not being sexual in any way?

Kefo, Maddi_Matsu and Muschi like this.
  5. Depends on which aspect they look at it, as far as I know the ones that age regress, no, they don't

6. Littles are a subset of BDSM... Particularly the "s". I have no idea where you got that they are not sexual in any way... People who have age regression issues do not choose when they regress nor do they go into "little space", which is another word under the BDSM umbrella. 🙃 People who age regress are having serious mental issues and do not classify themselves as "littles", if they even have an understanding of what the word means. People who identify as a "little" choose when they want to enter little space.

7. I know plenty of people who age regress and call themselves littles yet have no sexual tendencies while they're in that mindset, I have a friend that runs a massive event for littles and they're doms to bring awareness to it, so unless you're telling me her and her major 3 day event are wrong it's up for discussion

8. They're wrong and her "dom" (which literally is a sexual kink term... short for dominant) is enabling her mental illness. Your friend needs professional help for the childhood trauma she went through that causes her to age regress, and needs to use the correct terminology to describe her "mindset".

Maddi_Matsu, Victoria and Angee like this.
  9. And you just confirmed her point

10. Like the cognitive dissonance here is astounding

11. Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. If they have "doms" then it falls under the sexual umbrella. People who age regress have caregivers. They are often given support by the government because they have a recognized mental instability and are unable to properly function as adults. If they are saying they age regress and have a Dom, they are misusing terms and contributing the the misconceptions.

Muschi likes this.
  12. Would you rather me use the term daddies or caretakers?

13. I'd like you to being this issue up with the theapist you claim to have an appointment with

14. It's just a way to describe the person who takes care of the 'little' while they're in that mindset.

15. “Daddy” also falls under the sexual term umbrella, hence the rising discomfort with the word.

Victoria likes this.
  16. In your original post you said littles are not sexual in any way but now you are saying it depends. I think you should just accept that in a lot of cases it is sexual.

Muschi likes this.
  17. Caretakers it is than xD

18. I guess it's all technicalities, for example technically littles are the ones that are sexual, but when it comes to age regression they're not, but than if the people who have age regression dont have a term to call themselves. Everytime I would talk to my friend that sets up the yearly events, the term they call them is littles only because it's more understandable, I'm probably wrong about a lot of this an I know that, but I do know that the term little it a title used by a lot of age regressers 🤷‍♂️

19. Whatever happened to the forums