LIMITED-TIME CONTENT Black History Month 2022

Discussion in 'Events' started by ATA-Will, Jan 17, 2022.

1. It has been another pivotal year for Black History, the Black Lives Matter Movement, and POC in the United States and the world over. With this said, it is time once again to take stock of how we acknowledge and amplify Black voices and identities in our society. We can do this best at ATA by ensuring appropriate representation for our players and by shining a light on the cultural inspirations the Black community contribute in the artistic approach of PIMD.

We've said it before and it continues to stand true, that as developers it is our responsibility to have our players be able to see themselves represented in game. By working together, we feel we have been able to include a variety of identities that reflect the diversity of our community and we continue to put in the work to grow this area. Being able to represent yourself is critical in the fight against discrimination and adversity, and we hope this little bit helps.

This year for Black History Month content, we consulted with the great Nneka Myers. Nneka is a Canadian illustrator and character designer for TV animation. She has also produced artwork for a number of children's books with a focus on Black voices. Nneka brought incredible insight into our process, working with us to make sure this years Avatars and Furniture hit the mark! This year's Black History Month content took inspiration from African Designers in the fashion world, showcasing the beauty of African Art and Culture.

We truly hope you enjoy this year's content and it gives you the same good vibes it gives us. If you have thoughts, feelings or feedback that you'd like to share, we greatly encourage you to do so in a forum post or in comments as we work to better our community together!

<3
    -The ATA Fam

[​IMG]

In celebration of Black History Month we wanted to make sure these avatars were more accessible, so we have made them available to all for 5 ECs each. With the VIP versions available using Avatar Coins from Molly's Corner!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VIP Avatars

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Items

[​IMG]
    February Items are here until noon PST on March 1st, 2022!
    Mini Valentine's Card
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mhambi the Meerkat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mandla the Meerkat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Red Valentine's Rose
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Collect 5 of each to have them automatically combine into...
    Meerkats in Love
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Available through the Prize Spinner and February Timer Boxes until March 1st, 2022 at noon PST!

Furniture

[​IMG]
    Available through the Furniture Store and the Winter 2022 Furniture Box!
    [​IMG]

Timer Box

February Timer Boxes have a chance to drop:
    ☞ February Spinner Items
    ☞ February Avatars
    ☞ ✨Avatar Coins✨
    The content inside this Timer Box will be available until noon PST on March 1st 2022, as is tradition.[/I]

#1 ATA-Will, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  2. Literally gorgz???
    Lowkey love this more than the vday content, so good

Also making a version of the avis only 5ec so it's more Accessible??? I LOVE THAT

Mittens, Alollofern, --Tifa and 17 others like this.
  3. Love the dorm

4. Awesome!

Alollofern, James_Style_2 and 90sL0V3 like this.
  5. Love this!

Alollofern and 90sL0V3 like this.
  6. YESSSS ATA!!! REPRESENT US WELL!!

7. Haute Heritage is one of the most beautiful Avis I’ve ever seen

Spoiled, Muschi, krynna and 5 others like this.
  8. Loveeee 🥰

90sL0V3 likes this.
  9. I really love this! ThankQ ATA 💜

90sL0V3 likes this.
  10. Yessss!! Thank you ATA. Love it 🙌🏾😍

James_Style_2 likes this.
  11. Quick, someone send me the furniture.

SadisticYonii likes this.
  12. These are amazing.

13. Igbo woman speaking. Y’all did AMAZING especially on the avis!

Unfornately, the Nneka Meyers link is currently not working on my end. Please restore it! Either way, I’ll look into her. Thank you!

14. Mandla went from fat as fuck to skinny as fuck just like that

15. Black history isn’t just about African culture and such, this is a disappointment

Blvxk_Opal and luvhaven like this.
  16. Leave Mandla alone. The solo shot was taken at a bad angle 😂

Muschi likes this.
  17. Wonderfully done 💕 Thank you for making the Black History Month avis more accessible this year as well.