ATA needs to learn how to protect their players

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by ChaosTheory, May 22, 2020.

1. If I block a player, they should not be able to see my profile at all. They shouldn't be able to see my activity, read my wall, see any posts in chats, the whole gig.

If a player blocks me, I shouldn't see them, they shouldn't be able to come to my profile and post, they shouldn't be able to PvP, nothing. A block should be like wiping that person out of the game for the user.

By allowing blocked players to access profiles they've been blocked from, you're opening them up for harassment still. This isn't difficult.

2. I somewhat agree. I think if you block someone it would make sense that your wall, gifts, and any messages you send be hidden or show up blank for them. But pvp is a part of the game and not considered harassment. So they should still be able to find you and hit you. If blocking someone shut down pvp then that would eliminate a huge part of the game.

MozzarElla, Lea, Alden and 2 others like this.
  3. I also think that if you block someone you shouldn’t be able to still post on their wall. It should shut down all communication between the two of you while leaving pvp open

Maddi_Matsu and Chrisy18 like this.
  4. Why?

How are you open to harassment when they cannot send you any messages?

If a player is actually harassing you, they can be banned. Report them if they are breaking the ToU or being violent in a dog and impermissible way.

MozzarElla, Alden and Victoria like this.
  5. PVP is not harassment.

Alden, Pat, Victoria and 4 others like this.
  6. Just block them back.

Also PvP is not harassment. The idea of being able to hide from it by blocking the user is ridiculous. Don't play a game that is, at its core, a PvP game if you're going to act like the OG feature is a form of harassment. It's very belittling to the legitimate forms of harassment that take place on the game.

Go stock up on peace tags if you don't want to be hit.

johnnyBlaze, Alden, Victoria and 3 others like this.
  7. Pimd was originally a pvp game, where hitting isn’t harassment 🤷🏻‍♀️ if we were able to block ppl to avoid getting hit, it would change the meaning of the game.

Besides, just be unproblematic and don’t get into beef with other people 🥴

MozzarElla, Lea, Alden and 4 others like this.
  8. Pvp isn't harassment

9. I didn't say pvp was harassment. I said being able to access a blocked profile opens someone up for it.

Helder likes this.
  10. Learn to read thanks

11. Still didn't say pvp is harassment. I don't know why you guys all decided to lose your reading comprehension skills at the same time.

Maddi_Matsu and Alicia like this.
  12. It's more likely you poorly worded your thoughts. Google Occam's razor. Just articulate your point better with a more thorough explanation.

Why should blocking prevent someone from accessing the PvP button, if not because you believe PvP to be harassment? Maybe this isn't what you meant to infer, but you did. So many people can't intentionally misinterpret your words. So explain why the PvP button should be included in the block feature if not to prevent harassment... which is what the block feature is for.

13. What other reason would you need to block PVP for then?

Like Muschi said, I think your point wasn’t worded in a way that conveyed what you intended. I’m not understanding what the point of blocking PvP would be.

14. I said blocking someone should prevent people from accessing your profile altogether. Everyone focused on two words in the whole sentence because I have an entire club in my nfs nonstop.

What's the point of blocking someone if they can still go on my wall or circle around to get me? Hell, I don't even care if someone can hit me and I have them blocked, but I shouldn't get notifications for it.

15. Why is that the only part of the entire post that you're focused on? I brought up several other points of contact and that's the only two words you're obsessed with.

I said blocking someone should prevent ANY access to that person's profile, on both sides of the street.

16. I didn’t bring up the rest because I didn’t disagree with it 😳 Also, none of us are “obsessed” with the idea of PVP. It’s just that ATA has already made it clear that PVP is not a form of harassment or bullying. So there wouldn’t be a need to block it. There’s already peace tags for that.

Alden, Victoria and Muschi like this.
  17. I understand that point, but I think the big thing is people are focused on the loophole this would create of people blocking to get out of being hit. Because PvP isn't harassment, it should not be included in the block. You explicitly said that players should not be able to engage in PvP with someone that blocked them, and a lot of people do not agree with that.

The fact that the only issue people find with your post is the PvP part kinda says we agree with your other points! So we're all almost on the same page even if it doesn't appear that way.

18. What club?

Muschi likes this.
  19. Her losses have barely went up since this morning anyway and the losses are smol af to begin with.

Day likes this.
  20. Well from wall clues I've determined it was Volly and it seems to have started because OP got pïssy over tut hires.

OP gets 0 supports from me. Volly gets 100 points