Activator

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Davenant, May 16, 2020.

?

Activator for old shard boxes

1. Yes for activator

73 vote(s)
    76.8%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. Oh really? You used to be able to 😮

2. I personally think the idea of a universal activator is a great idea. There’s been lots of times where I couldn’t get an avatar or didn’t even try to get one because of time & pricing (which is a whole other topic).

Yes the shard content was limited but it’s not like they’re asking to bring the boxes back, just an activator. It’s not causing any harm to bring an activator back and people still have to work hard to afford & collect the shards they want.

Diablo, llll_Sisa_llll, Kyna and 5 others like this.
  3. Immature 🤦🏻‍♀️

4. Only time I can remember being able to buy before I had all the shards was when zodiac came out.

Davenant and Day like this.
  5. I disagree.

I don’t think a universal shard is a good idea personally. Since it’s made clear how much time you have to obtain it. Although I can understand the want to have older avatars, it simply isn’t fair to the players that did obtain them within the time limit.

ThePhoenix2HisSloth and Muschi like this.
  6. Yes you’ve made that very clear, I just think that’s a selfish opinion, but it’s yours & I’m not gonna sit here and tell you not to have it.

7. Something that people aren’t understanding about what I’m saying is this.

I do think it it unfortunate that players may not be able to obtain an avatar they want.

Yes, my opinion is selfish, and so is that of yours as well. But, if you remove the main aspect of limited content, which is time, you’ll defeat the purpose of getting some of these things honestly.

Muschi likes this.
  8. I believe there should be a universal activator.

You can't buy an activator until you have enough shards for the ava already.

I think ATA is loosing out on money making them limited. I have boxes I'd use ec to open and get the avatars from if there was a universal activator, and I can't be the only one.

Limited time content is great, but it kind of defeats the purpose of making the shards (and therefore, in a way, avatars) tradeable. They become useless too fast

Kyna, Serein, WhoTfIsWesday and 4 others like this.
  9. I personally think it would be nice if you can buy the activator for billion money/cheap ec. So it wont be unfair for the so called players who collected on time.

llll_Sisa_llll, Day and Davenant like this.
  10. Oh yeah they’re definitely losing money on it. I had thought that the intention of making them tradable was to collect them easier 😮

Victoria likes this.
  11. In the store for EC I could understand. That way there is some penalty for not completing it, but it would allow players to complete it honestly.

Muschi and Victoria like this.
  12. They literally did this with Pimdkeys. All they would have to do is introduce some kind of generic PIMD activator that could be applied to any shards from here on out.

I don't mind this. We see boxes becoming rarer now and I revel in how the market is changing because of it and, frankly, shards would become rarer at a much faster rate and I only regret not having invested more heavily in them as of yet.

I support this but I doubt they would be able to neatly put activators back into store for All the old ones. If something were to change, they would make it a "from here on out" thing.

13. Actually Strange said in his AMA that it was to pacify people that begged for avatar trading, since the devs are super against that idea.

Victoria, Day and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  14. Ooh that would make a lot of sense. I can sooner see the activators being implemented before trading.

Victoria and Muschi like this.
  15. Yeah, I would think it would be pretty difficult to do considering they switched up how to combine and obtain the avatars.

Victoria and Muschi like this.
  16. Here's the exact post!

Day likes this.
  17. I agree that it would probably be a "from here on out thing", and I think that is the option that would make the most sense. They have already advertised and released the previous avatars as they are now and changing that would not be respectful of the people who did collect them in the given time.

I can see where the activator being purchased for ecs would make sense, and they would probably heavily consider that. I wouldn't mind if it meant I could collect shards over a longer period of time.

18. Wow, not agreeing with someone is immature.

Muschi likes this.
  19. I think it’s more the fact that you used “lmao”

Davenant likes this.
  20. Well, reading the discussion op and Day we’re having was pretty funny. That is what I was laughing at