πŸ‘€[Contest] Inspired by Pimdix-Neuf 😍

Discussion in 'Activities' started by Victoria, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Helloooo fellow Pimdinians,

ATA has released what is probably my favorite EC gift ever (thank you dev team 😭 I love it so much 😍), so I wanted to take time to appreciate it with a contest and maybe do a teeny tiny bit of vacay humble bragging.
    [​IMG]

Pimdix-Neuf is inspired by one of my all time favorite wine appellations! An appellation is basically just a name that certain wines are allowed to put on their label if they meet specific legal regulations pertaining to location of vines, type of grape, and vinification process. Some of you may know, my love is wine. I have the great fortune of being able to work in the industry and am specialized in French wine. I also had the wonderful opportunity to be in Chateauneuf du Pape just a few weeks ago.
    [​IMG]

Taadaaa. Beautiful vineyard picture minus the beautiful me, just take my word for it.
    The terroir is most well known for these large, smooth pebbles that cover the ground at the base of the roots. Throughout the day, these galets as they are called soak up the sun and keep the vine warm at night. You can see some of the stones in the picture above, but there are some vines that have nothing but these stones in between them. As grapes will only ripen in a specific temperature range, they usually stop ripening at night, so the regulation of the diurnal temperature shifts by these stones is quite significant.

Blah blah blah, Victoria, where's the contest, right?

This has two parts:

Part 1:
    Prize- 1mcs item

Task- Find the other (not the EC gift) allusion to Chateauneuf du Pape in my pimd profile 😜

Part 2:
    Prize- Bottle of Pimdix-Neuf 50ec gift

Task- Guess how many gallons of wine the large barrel in the photo below holds. The first person to guess the correct number or the person who is the closest on the last day of the current hunt WINS! πŸ₯‚
    [​IMG]

Hints: The small barrels are "average size" so you get an idea of the size. The small barrels come up to about my hips. The large one isn't technically a barrel... But giving you the name of it ruins the game 🌝

Feel free to participate or ask me any questions related to wine or Chateauneuf du Pape you may have. SantΓ©! πŸ₯‚
    -Victoria

P.s. you don't have to wait a century 🌚 2015 Chateauneuf du Papes are drinking quite beautifully right now and at a reasonable price point

2. 600 L

Victoria likes this.
  3. 700- 900 L?

Victoria likes this.
  4. 1) Veuve Corgot Champagne (wild guess)

2) 954 liters (252 Gallons)

Victoria likes this.
  5. 800L

Victoria likes this.
    1. Winosaurus
    2. 500 gallons (1,893 liters)

Victoria likes this.
  6. O yea, I guess liters works too πŸ™ƒ but uuuh... It's more like hectoliters. Hint hint πŸ˜‰

Thank you to all who have participated so far 😬

7. 1. Argent champagne cooler??
    Also this is such a cool contest

Victoria likes this.
  8. 175,000 litres?

Victoria likes this.
  9. Also for part 1, is it the Merlot for Two gift?

Victoria likes this.
  10. How many guesses do we get?

11. 2000 litres

Muschi and Victoria like this.
  12. Hello, very intriguing story to match the contest 😁
    About the first task, (damn girl you got like a thousand stuff out there) so I was confused since there are a lot of bottle-like items but I think it might be the "Glitzy champagne" or "Bottle of bubbly' since they look very much like this one.
    And about the second task, I'm not very familiar with barrels and such but I think 750-900 gallons seems fair πŸ€” 😁

Victoria likes this.
  13. Im pretty interested at reading about those tbh cheers πŸ₯‚πŸ’•
    1. Veuve Corgot Champagne?
    2. 240gallons?

Victoria likes this.
  14. Out of curiosity do you actually like the taste of wine, Victoria? /was there ever a time you didn't? I find it very vinegary and gross tasting tbh

Victoria likes this.
  15. For part 1 is it maybe the Wine Decanter and glasses?

Victoria likes this.
  16. 1) The name of your avocado pet? I remember you mentioned galets in the story.

2) 350 L Idk I'm bad at that kind of guessing lol

Muschi and Victoria like this.
  17. 2. 4500L of wine

Victoria likes this.
  18. 1. Box of Wine
    2. 238L of wine

Victoria likes this.