[Guide] 2020 Pride Definitions

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Muschi, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Not a thread to discuss paraphilia, as it isn't really a general label thread and is directed as specific labels that were used in a specific PIMD-related context.

Paraphilias aren't the same as sexual orientations anyways, however loosely some people attempt to misaccurately define sexual orientation nowadays.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  2. Bumping for 2021 Pride. πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€βš§οΈ

I think all of the gifts have the same identities as 2020, so I don't feel a need to remake or edit this one.

3. thanks for bumping, was looking for this <3 happy pride!!

ATA-Will and Muschi like this.
  4. It's in the guide subforum ;)

ATA-Will likes this.
  5. ok more like i was about to go look for it πŸ₯²

ATA-Will and Muschi like this.
  6. unless I overlooked Omnisexual was forgot

πŸ¦„πŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸŒˆHappy PrideπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸŒˆπŸ¦„

7. It was not. There is no pride gift for omnisexual. I am only including those identities that ATA provided gifts for, as this is a guide to what those gifts mean. It is not an all-encompassing guide to every single microlabel.

8. How can I have the flag ?? πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

9. Report

10. Can someone please explain Abrosexual in a simple way to me? I tried to Google it but that left me a bit confused since I’m finding a mix of definitions. I am bisexual myself so seeing that mentioned in the definition has me very curious. Thanks in advance!

11. I personally think the term is unnecessary and is no different than bisexuality, and likely comes from the biphobic rhetoric that all bisexual people actually have a preference.

I wouldn't fret over it because bisexual people can and do have a fluid attraction between genders. While some bi people do have a preference, it isn't required to be bisexual. I think the people that came up with abrosexual have some internalized biphobia to work with. The definition is literally no different than how bisexual activists have been defining bisexuality since at least the 1970s.

Unfortunately I think a lot of the modern terminology used to describe multiple-gender attraction is born out of biphobia, as even pansexuality has a nearly identical definition to, again, how bisexuality have been defined by bi activists since at least the 1970s, while pansexual in its modern context was made in the early 2000s. It was defined then as "attraction to men, women, and transgender people," while bisexual has always been "attraction to all genders" when defined by bi activists.

Pansexuality was called out on the transphobia of the othering of trans people in the definition from 2002 in about the early to mid 2010s and has since been defining itself as "attraction to all genders."

12. For?

13. just knew this thread existπŸ™ˆ i was looking for all of those definitions on Google years ago, but they didn't provide neat explanation. ty MπŸ‘

Muschi likes this.
  14. No problem. ❀️