CONTEST Storytime: Camping Ghost Stories

Discussion in 'Contests' started by ATAMarceline, Jul 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. why are you crying plagiarism when marcy literally referenced r/nosleep :lol: she said it CAN be made up, not it HAS to be made up :?

2. “Was She Nice?”

Not a parent, but when I was growing up my family lived in a really old house. Odd things would happen such as doors being cracked open. Never really freaked us out since there were so many of us kids that we figured someone had opened the door and forgot to completely shut it. Anyways, one day while we were having breakfast, my 3 year old sister looks at me and says “Was she nice?” And everyone looked at her like wtf? So she says “the lady that went in your room at night. Was she nice? She told me she saw you sleeping. She goes every night and leaves the door open.” We moved out shortly after.

3. I lived in a old house, But let me tell you a bit about it...

It was my 20th birthday, I was walking down the stairs from my room, I've slept in this room God only knows how many years.. I started seeing things you probably would not understand. It was breakfast I invited my friend Molly over so we could go shopping for a while, I needed to get out of the house for a bit, I had to keep myself distracted from what I saw, sadly I couldn't... I let Molly stay over just in case anything happened I would have someone here with me.

Molly went upstairs for almost 15-20 minutes I was terrified if something were to happen to her or did. I woke up the very next morning to a sound, I walked to the kitchen I saw something unbelievable again. Flies everywhere...

Next thing I knew I woke up tied up to a chair, hands roped, feet tied, I was paralyzed in fear.. I never saw what was coming to me, I tore my necklace with my teeth and yanked it off, I threw it to the back so my roped hands could at least get a grip of it, I tried using the necklace to get free, but Out of no where.. Molly walks in, She was coming right towards me, she saw I got my hands loose. she decided to tie them back up, she said "Get out, Get out of this house." ...

Not knowing what she meant exactly she finally let me go, then she started crying telling me to help her, then again, yelling at me to leave, I was scared and nervous so I grabbed her and told her to come with me. I woke the next morning in the same room, going down the same stairs, repeating everything that happened to me..

Over and over and over. But each time Molly was different kinds of possessed. that's when I knew.. I wasn't alive no more I was dead, I was, I was gone seeing everything happen over and over. I was watching myself die every time like a repetitive movie. I knew I had unfinished business. I knew Molly was the ghost. Molly was the reason I died.

4. This happened few days ago.

My family moved in to a new house because we've been getting so sick to our old house. I have a baby daughter she was 7 months old. After we moved in, we go for a walk early morning. My baby was on the stroller and I'm pushing her. Until I stopped coz I saw a fruit in the tree. I really wanted to taste it so I took a piece of it and ate it on our way home.

Then the next day, a terrible thing happened to my daughter. She fell of the bed. I fell asleep as it seemed so I just took care of my baby. Then the next day I suddenly felt tired and all but I tried my hardest to keep awake so I can watch my baby then I saw it happened again. My baby didn't fall off the bed. She was dropped off the bed by an unknown creature. And I was shocked to witness it. We went to the pediatrician to check her up. Luckily, she's not hurt at all. Now we're looking for a new home.

5. I'm not sure if this counts as a horror story but I hope I get points for it being true. One time I went camping with my family and my friends family and my friend had a really hot older brother. He let me sit on his lap when we were gathered around talking about the plans for the day and a bird came and took a crap on my head. While I was sitting on his lap. Yeah.

6. She's always there.

This happen last year. I'm at the school, its Lunch time when my co-workers left the school to go in a Bario Fiesta/Festival wherein one of my co-workers live. Its me and the clerk left in our Station. Then this is it, the clerk said to me she will leave me for awhile coz she have to go somewhere.. when she left the station.. that exact time that the door closed something fell behind me..I ignore it..I put my headset.. Music on.. Volumes Max so I would not hear anything around me...but then I feel that someone standing behind me.. I can't even move my head.. Idk if thats bcoz of fear or I really cant move it.

I started to get scared and goosebumps all over me. Then I feel like He/She's leaning on my back coz I started to feel uncomfortable.. I shut my eyes and pray... but she still there..I can feel it. Thanks to my friend he came at the right time so I can escape from that creepy situation. I never stayed alone in that station since then.

PS. This is a true story. I asked my old co-workers about that and they said.. there's really a ghost in our station. AND ITS A BLOODY FACE GIRL.. Students have also seen that girl. :'( MAY SHE REST IN PEACE. I have a lot of creepy experiences in that school.. but this one is the worst.

(SORRY FOR MY GRAMMAR)

7. Forever Haunted Land

There was a young boy named Quinn Myers. He lived with his mother and father in an old mansion next to an cemetery on one side and lots of land on the other.

As time went by, the family couldn't afford the land any more and the parents were forced to sell their land to some property developers. The young boy loved playing in the cemetery and he didn’t want his parents to sell the land.

When the deal went through, the young boy was furious with his parents and he went crazy with rage . One dark night, he crept into his parents’ bedroom and killed both of them with a knife.

A few days later the police found the bodies hanging from the ceiling with their throats slit from ear to ear. On the mirror, was a message written in their blood. It read: “NO SOUL WILL EVER HAVE THIS LAND!” and it was signed, “Quinn Myers”.

Two years later, the land was turned into a well known Summer Camp for pre teens. The mansion where the Myers family had lived was still standing but, over the years it had become rundown and it was now uninhibited.

The first Summer it opened, two campers went missing. The camp counselors organized two search parties to go out into the cemetery and search for them.

One day later the campers were found, but it was a horrifying scene. They were hung from the branches of a tree with dirty rope and their throats had been sliced open. There was a piece of wood below them with a message on it, written in blood. It read: “Stay off my land! No trespassing!” and it was signed “Quinn Myers”.

The next Summer, the camp was still open. Around the campfire, the camp counselors told the story of Quinn Myers and how he murdered his family. All of the kids were terrified.

There was one kid that Summer, who everyone liked to bully. She was a quiet, shy kid named Molly and the others always made her the butt of their jokes.

The camp counselors decided to trick the kids. After telling the story of what happened in the house, they made an announcement. That night, they took the campers one by one and walked them through the old mansion.

Two of the counselors named JD and Alexa were going to take the campers to the house. Molly said she was too scared, but they told her she had to go. She was the first one picked.

Alexa took Molly with her and they walked off towards the mansion while the other campers stayed by the campfire and waited their turn.

They waited and waited, but Alexa and Molly never came back.

After waiting for what seemed like more than two hours, they began to get impatient. JD decided to take the other campers with him and check out what was going on.

When they arrived at the abandoned mansion, they didn’t see Alexa or Molly anywhere. The place was eerily silent.
    When Just then, they heard a noise.

Knock… Knock… Knock…
    It was coming from upstairs. JD told the kids he was going to go up and have a look around. He told them to stay downstairs and not to move, but they insisted on going with him.
    They went upstairs together in single file. Once they made it upstairs, the noise grew louder.

Knock… Knock … KNOCK…
    It seemed to be coming from the room to the left of them. That was the bedroom where Quinn Myers had killed his parents.

They walked quietly and when they came to the door, they could hear another noise.
    Trickle… Trickle… Trickle…

JD reached out, turned the knob and slowly opened the door.

When it opened, and they saw what was in the room, everyone screamed at the top of their lungs.

Alexa was hanging from a rope. Her face was a purple, her eyes were bulging out of his head. Her lifeless body was swaying back and forth and her feet kept hitting the wall.

Knock … knock… KNOCK…
    Her throat had been cut open and the blood was Trickling down onto the floor.
    Trickle… trickle … Trickle…

On the mirror to the right of her body
    It read: “I’m back!” and it was signed, “Molly R."

8. War Soldiers

When we were in high school, we conducted a feeding program in an indigenous community in our province. The site was really far from the city and all you can see is mountains and sand (or lahar sand). The trip included a historical walk through the famous WW2 memorial site and we are going to stay overnight there.

We were excited to like build tents and see the memorial. The guide told us that the site was actually the Death March memorial wherein Filipino and American soldiers perished in the hands of the Japanese forces after the Fall of Bataan. We were all scared because we are just kids back then, I was like 14 y/o.

After finishing our dinner, we are told to get ready for sleep because we will be getting early tomorrow to do another community service in another village nearby. At night, me and my friends are still awake and talking about girly stuff. We were still awake by 1AM. The wind is cool and it felt like raining.

All was quiet when suddenly we heard footsteps like continuous footsteps and heard some chains too. My friend peeked outside to see who is maybe pranking us but didnt see anyone. We continued to pretend sleeping like we didnt hear but deep inside we are totally effin scared. The footsteps became louder and we heard like gunfires in the area. We, as teenage girls, are terrified back then. There was this aura that we cannot explain.

Then finally, we heard like people wheezing towards us with the sound of chains. We screamed the hell out of us and used our flashlights to make a beacon thing for our classmates to notice us. The tour guide and our teacher approached us and asked us what was wrong. We can't even say a thing and we were merged with other campers to make us comfortable. The end.....

9. The titles though 

10. It happened when I was just a wee lad...

My favorite TV show came on...

It was a camping SPECIAL...

But what happened next will forever haunt me...

Those letter's will never leave my head...

C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G SONG......

I can't simply make smores over the fire and relax anymore. I'm now at war with myself. I'll always be haunted with the urge to burst out loudly singing this simple tune. It's taken it's toll on my personal life, my own dog shuns me now. I'm now collecting beers for JD and alexis to keep my mind off of it, but it'll forever be a challenge. Thank you for allowing me to share my story with you my fellow PIMD community.

11. Two sisters were motoring through Cape Cod late one stormy night in the early 1900's when their car broke down in an unpopulated area. Seeing an old, neglected house nearby, they went to the door and tugged on the bell-pull.

When no one answered, they looked through a nearby window whose shutter was banging in the bitter wind. The window was broken. Through the window, they could see a library. The dust lay heavy over everything.

The women decided to take shelter for the night and find someone to tow the car the next day. They brought blankets in from the car, their feet leaving tracks in the thick dust of the floor as they settled in for the night.
    Sometime later, they were both suddenly awakened. A bedraggled sailor, dripping wet, was standing next to the fireplace as if he were looking to dry himself before a non-existent fire.

The sailor was glowing in the dark. The braver of the sisters finally called out a strangled: "Who is there?"
    The sailor muttered something they could not make out and disappeared. Deciding it was a dream, the sisters lay back down to sleep. But the next morning, they found a patch of wet salt water by the fireplace, and a piece of seaweed. And there were no footprints in the dust by the fireplace save their own.
    The sisters hurried out to their car.

Soon, they were given a tow to the nearest village by a passing motorist. There they asked about the abandoned house. They were told the house had been empty for years. The people who owned it had a son who was driven from home by his father and had drowned at sea. The family had moved away because they claimed strange things kept happening at night.

A few months later, one of the sisters told her tale at a dinner party. A museum curator seated near her volunteered to test the seaweed for her. The curator sent her a message several days later. The message simply said that the seaweed she had found in the abandoned house was a rare type of seaweed only found on dead bodies.

12. I'd like to share probably one of the scariest incidents in my life. I know it sounds crazy but my family has always leaned on the spiritual side of things. So, a lot of weird things happen. At the time of this incident, there were already a bunch of odd things happening like cabinet doors opening, shadows moving about and doors breaking but none of those compared to this.

It happened when I was still in high school. It was early morning and I had just woken up. I had to rush and take a shower. My younger sister, who was around 11 at this time, should also have been getting ready for school. Take note, we share a bathroom which is one of the reasons we should hurry. We also have this agreement that she should go first since she takes way too long in the bathroom.

Anyway. As I left my room and entered the hallway, I passed by her room and saw her leaning by the door frame. This annoyed me since she didn't seem to have any sense of urgency and so I yelled at her, questioning why she wasn't ready yet. No reply. She just stared. I felt my blood boil a bit despite my grogginess because she was being pretty rude.

But whatever, she's usually cranky in the morning anyway. I decided told her it's up to her if she's late but I need to get to the bathroom and get ready.

When I get there, the door's locked. Okay. I hear the shower running. That's weird. At this hour, only me and my sister should be using the shower so I knock to check who it is. I hear a response.

It was my sister.

At this point, I was pretty much awake and freaking out. I started to knock frantically at the door because I just had to see my sister to make sure she was really there. After super rushing her, she opens the door all confused and a bit annoyed. If she's here then who the hell did I just see and yell at?

When I tried to recall what happened, I realized how odd it was. My "sister" had her long, black hair draped over her face. She wore this plain white shirt which wasn't really odd. But I realized how creepy that stare was. I couldn't see it well since I was groggy but that unshakable feeling of her just glaring at me stuck until now. I'll never forget it.

I made sure to interrogate everyone in the house. Absolutely no one could have been there at the time. I asked a helper of ours hoping it was her but she assured me that she was in the kitchen the entire time making breakfast which really was her schedule. I could even hear her there the entire time. So, what was that?

After that, we had our house blessed thoroughly. No more further incidents ever occurred. Good thing. I still feel creeped out in the house sometimes though. I can't help but wonder what if I had actually approached my "sister"? What would have happened to me then? Still, it's best not to think about that.

So the next time someone you know is acting weird? Staring at you with a searing glare. It could be a bad mood. Or who knows? Is it really them?

13. Things was finally going right for Molly. She had a good job and was moving into her first house finally leaving her parents home. Everyone warned her not to purchase her new home cause everyone that lived there would end up missing or crazy. She paid them no mind thinking oh their just saying that cause they want me to live with my parents.

So the big was finally was happening her first night in the new house.She had finished unpacking for the day and was getting ready for bed. But when she turned off the light and laid down she heard the floorboards creaking as if someone was walking up the stairs slowly coming to her room. She quickly sat up and turned the lights on waiting to see if it would continue.

Every night the creaking would start and she would get up and turn the lights on and it would stop. Until one day she decided to just lay there and see what happened. So the creaking started as soon as the lights was off slowly coming up the stairs. Very slowly down the hall coming to her door. Molly close her eyes and the door slowly open. Then heard in a very low voice open your eyes little girl. And when she opened them it was JD Yelling gotcha.

14. A Couple Years Ago Before I Graduated College I Was In My Dorm Room And It Was A Weekend So My Roommate Went Home To Her Family So I Was Basically The Only One On Campus.

As I Was Studying I Didnt Notice It Was Raining So I Got Up A Looked Out The Window And I Saw A Man Walking Across The Street, He Looked As If He Had Just Gotten Off Work So One Of The Powerlines Had Broken Off And Latched Onto The Guys Coat Electrocuting Him. Next Thing I Know He Ended Up Bursting Into Flames Before All Of That Had Happened I Quickly Called 911 But He Was Already Too Late. It Took The Electricians About An Hour To Turn The Power Off As Soon As They Did The Mans Skin Melted Til You Could See His Bones.

So A Couple Weeks Had Passed My Roommate And I Were Laying In Bed But She Had Already Fallen Asleep I Was Awake In Bed Fantasizing When All Of A Sudden I Had Seen A Shadow Figure Standing By The Window Our Dorm Room Was Kinda Small So I Reached Put With My Foot A Switched The Light On But No One Was There, As I Switched The Light Back Off I Tried To Make Myself Fall Asleep But I Was Still Wide Awake So I Stayed Up A Little Longer. An Hour Or So Later I Hear This Thud And My Roommate Jumps Up Yelling At Me And Says "WHY'D YOU JUST PUNCH ME IN THE BACK" I Looked At Her Confused And Say I Was In Bed The Whole Time But She's Still Yelling At Me. The Next Morning She Comes Out The Bathroom And There's A Huge Bride On Her Back.

We Get To Choir Class And She Starts Acting Weird Bit Was Perfectly Fine When We Left The Dorm. She Got Up Went To The Piano All Our Classmates Knew That She Couldn't Play But She Stars Playing One Of Those Scaryovie Theme Songs From Like Halloween. The Teacher And I Went Up To Her Comforting Her Ask If She's OK Because Our Classmates Were Freaked Out. After Class She Disappeared So Me And My Boyfriend Went Out Looking For Her We Saw Her Running From Out Of The Forest At Us Half Naked And Police Were Surrounding The Campus.

A Couple Days Later We Found Out That A Girl Was Sexually Assaulted In The Forest And That My Roommate Was The Reason. They Came And Arrested Her I Called Her Parents And We Went Down To The Police Station To Bail Her Out And As They Were She's Screaming To The Top Of Her Lungs Singing The National Anthem.

Her Parents Ended Up Putting Her In Rehabilitation Center. 6Months Later Aver We've Graduated I Get A Call From Her And She Says That She Was Sorry For Everything And That It Was Someone In Her Head Telling Her To Kill Me And My Boyfriend.

15. You know that feeling you get when someone or rather something is watching? Your insides churn and the hair on the back of your next stands up? Don't ignore that feeling. I sleep facing the wall, feet pulled up and blanket tucked firmly around me. When I put my kids to bed I always put the blanket under the bottom of the mattress so their feet don't hang out. Why? Well let me tell you my tale.

I was 7 years old, my childhood was not great. My father was an abusive drunk and my mom left me to fend for myself, hell she even tried to kick me out once when I was in Kindergarten. It was a Friday night so I was allowed to stay up a little later then usual and my mom was working night shifts. My dad was getting ready to go to the bar as usual so I was watching tv in the living room. It was 9:53 I remember the time exactly because it was 23 minutes after my bedtime and I was afraid I was going to be in trouble. My dad came out of his room, he was wearing his "fancy" clothes and I know, even at the young age, what he was going out to do. "I'm going out. Don't call me" he called from the door and closed it without anything else to say about it. I was a ball of emotions. I didn't know if I was more excited or scared. I mean I was home alone and was 7! Plus the town we lived in, well let's just say it was not the safest place, especially for a young girl. I finished the show I was watching and decided I was tired. It was just a little past 11:30. I locked the doors and went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and my hair and that's when I heard a loud "BANG" and I jumped. I was scared shitless. I turned off the sink and closed my eyes counting to 20 to calm my nerves and then ran to my room across the hall and closed my door. "Maybe it was just the screen not shut all the way" I rationalized. I took some deep breaths and started to feel my eyes get heavy as I drifted off to sleep.

I do not know how long I was aslee for but I was woken up by that uneasy feeling I described. Every hair felt like it was on edge and I honestly felt like I was going to throw up the pit was so bad. I looked around my room and decided it was safe and pulled my foot out of my blanket, a habit I had when it was hot. I started to doze when I felt a small tapping on my toe. I brushed it off as a twitch. I felt another tapping and a wet sensation come over my foot, which I thought was just me getting cold. When I tried to move my foot it wouldn't move. I pulled and it wouldn't budge. I started to panic and jerk harder but the wet sensation was moving up my leg and I felt myself being pulled under my bed. I screamed so loud, I bet my neighbors 3 blocks down heard me! I didn't want to look at what was grabbing me, but in my panicked state I looked anyway. There were long tentacle like fingers slithering up farther on my leg, it was a dark blue-gray hue. The skin was bumpy like a frogs. The eyes were what terrifies me the most though. They were yellow. Bright yellow eyes with a red ring around the pupil. This caused me to panic anymore and I felt a pain go up my leg and I screamed louder. I heard pounding at my bedroom door by whoever it was couldn't get the door open. I screamed for my mom and was crying so fiercely my vision was blurred. I was mostly under my bed when my mom bust through my door and the creature let me go.

I don't know what would have happened if my mom wouldn't have came in when she did! I was taken to the hospital, I developed a high fever and was admitted. I also received about 30 stitches from the gashes on my leg the creature left. During my time in the hospital I dozed off and on and every time I closed my eyes I saw the big yellow eyes with the red ring .

To this day, if all the lights are off and I look out into the open I can see it's eyes waiting for me to slip up and hang my foot off the bed. The scars remind me everyday of what happened. Just keep in mind: Don't hang your feet off the bed.

16. I've got a spooky story for you, Marcy!

17. Once there was a ghost . The end

18.  Shortest Horror Story 

 School Tomorrow 

19. So In Hawaii there's a beach park called "Swanzys" and me and the family would usually go there before the school year began so all the young kids could have one last kick in their summer vacation.

During one of those camping trips we heard about this "Lady in white" Who would come around at everyones camp site and stand around.

Most people would ignore the lady and go about making smores and drinking. But hawaiians like my family believe in any superstitions and what not. Anyway, I was 14 and all my other cousins were like 8-13 and we were sitting at this basketball court.

As we were all joking about this supposed "Lady in white" We see in the far distance close to the beach a lady in a full old white hawaiian style dress, a "mumu" for people who wanna learn some hawaiian things.

As kids we all freaked. But the older ones convinced the younger ones to go to her. As we start playing ghost hunters with flash lights and old flip camera phones, she was no where. We stayed there for a few minutes before it all of a sudden got super cold.

The next morning one of the other campers came over to our tents freaked saying they saw a lady behind our little group talking the whole night.

Not that spoopy but yeah creepy ass hell at 14.

20. In August 2002, my dad took me out camping for the first time when I was 11. He chose a smaller campground called "Waterways" along the Rideau River. It was a bit off the beaten path, which my father liked and my mother resented because it didn't have a landline telephone, supposedly.

Regardless, we packed up and my father and I were on our way. The campsite itself was nice; it was grassy and sheltered from the other campsites with a thick line of fir trees, which made it seem as though no one else was around. That's how it stayed for the rest of the weekend because nobody camped anywhere near our site for one reason or another.

Setting up the tents was done by flashlight due to arriving late. I was scared of the dark so I ended up being not much help. It was dark by the time we had finished setting up the tent, it must have been around nine o'clock. Dad gave me the reigns and let me pump up the mattresses, but I quickly got tired. Instead, I asked if I could go outside and check on the fire that we set aflame over an hour ago.

Before I even heard his approval I was unzipping the door. I took two steps outside, gazed at the fire and let my sight trail up into the tree line just a little way. That was when I saw it - a hooded figure.

It was small, must have been only a meter and a half tall, and about five meters away. It was in the tree line so I'd guess about two meters off the ground. The hooded figure wore a long cloak, with wide sleeves that met in the middle of his chest as if he were pressing his knuckles together out in front of him. The shadow of the hood showed no facial features beneath. Its entire body was transparent. I stood in utter shock for several seconds. Neither of us moved.

Then I screamed and nearly tore the tent open, crying for my father to go outside. I've never told the full story like this, and I'd like some help in identifying just what visited my campsite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.