[WINNERS] A Haunting Party

Discussion in 'Contests' started by QUINN, Oct 22, 2022.

?

Should we do another club contest for crates in the future?

Poll closed Nov 12, 2022.
  1. Yes

317 vote(s)
    84.3%
  2. No

59 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. So where does that leave the clubs that have mods in them ?? Which is a lot of them

IIJEWELII likes this.
  2. Due to recent feedback, we will be re-evaluating the results.

3. I dont get how is it biased or unfair. So are you guys trying to say even though how good of the entry a certain club is, just because they're in the same club as the judge they cant win anyhow, and they cant be their favorite? THAT is unfair. THAT is biased.

iGracie, iu, DyingEmbers and 5 others like this.
  4. if results are being re evaluated, do the non-winners have to get spookified again for rejudging? or are there screenshots taken of all entered CW + Member lists ?

5. Numpang ngakak dulu bosku 🤣

6. congrats to all winners!
    my personal favorites are still smitten & celestial :)

7. It’s fine you can go back to normal ☺️

Coffee likes this.
  8. Congratulations to all the winners and participants.

After further discussion, we decided to bring to your kind knowledge that there were 10 judges in this competition and all of their inputs have been taken into account. We had a thorough judging form and calculated the results based on it.

[​IMG]
    The final winner was chosen with everyone’s judging taken into account regardless of which club they were in or had close friends in.

Mod contests are normally judged with such rules in place to avoid bias. We also had judge favorites to allow more clubs to win prizes and they were also picked fairly.

Here are the average scores of all clubs involved for transparency.

[​IMG]

We hope everyone can celebrate the contest and the winners as a form of teamwork with the Halloween spirit.

#48 QUINN, Oct 23, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
    --Tifa, iu, Patches and 13 others like this.
  9. Congratulations to all of the winners, everyone’s entries were so good and so much effort went in to them all it was hard to choose, if you didn’t win don’t let it discourage you in the future we genuinely loved all of the entries 💕

SweetKara and QUINN like this.
  10. Congrats everyone! 💗

SweetKara and QUINN like this.
  11. Congratulations to all involved! ✨️🎊 ^-^

Nabila and SweetKara like this.
  12. A club you created won, so maybe it's easier to be positive in that situation. Also a mod choosing a club they're in as a personal favorite and guaranteeing it wins is the definition of bias 😃

HarleyVon, 28, Wet and 1 other person like this.
  13. What does false in this means?

14. All the ones marked “true” are clubs that were picked either as a personal favorite or as the main winners. So “false” would be all the clubs that weren’t picked for either.
    It probably just helped them mark the winners so they could locate the names quicker.

QUINN, Patches, Lumi and 2 others like this.
  15. THIS is how you announce winners 👏 Not just writing "hey all, these clubs won thx!". Hope next contests in forums are as transparent as this from the get-go and not just at the end of the event.

Congratulations once again for everyone who worked together 🤩🤍

16. "guaranteeing" lmfao theres no such a thing like that.
    if so then the just put on simple

🦇🎃 happy halloween, boo yeah 👻🎃

and win. then it will def guarantee win.
    all of the participating club are cautiously preparing their walls, participants, best avi to wear, even think of the unthinkable scary tags of the participating member. not to mention coordinating with whole member who also hops here and there.. stop thinking so shallow and salty about the favouritism. theres no such a thing as that lmao tf

--Tifa, SweetKara and QUINN like this.
  17. I honestly appreciate the scoring transparency so much! Nice to see how close of a shot we had to winning 😂🧡

18. Each mod got to pick their own personal favorite and that club was awarded a mod crate. So it was literally a guaranteed win lmao. Pretty ignorant to act like favoritism doesn't exist when someone awarded their own club. Also concerning to see Quinn supporting people like you and having no problem with this. Just encouraging the bias 🧠

HarleyVon likes this.
  19. Congrats to the winners!

20. Hey Folks,
    I understand theres been frustration around how this contest has been run.
    I appreciate the folks involved for taking a chance on doing something new and different, and a bit of messiness is an unfortunate downside to trying something new.

I've seen the concerns regarding the overall judging of the contest and reviewed the voting schemes and how the main winners were decided, and I don't see cause for concern there based on how votes were tallied and calculated. But I have heard and seen the issues with the Mod Picks section, where some folks picked their own clubs, or clubs they are closely related to (friends/RS) etc. which I agree is unfair.

As this was not clearly stipulated in the contest I can understand if there was confusion for the mods in question, but we do have a duty to ensure fairness as moderators and make these judgements ourselves if we think something would be unfair, and that judgement was not used here. The mods in question will not be participating in future contest judging for the next 3 months, and if we are to run a similar contest to this in future we will be adjusting the rules to make sure nothing like this happens again in the future.

There were certainly some learnings here with the new contest type, like explaining the marking scheme in advance would be helpful for all, and I do appreciate the team for trying out something new and for all those that participated here.

Let's remember this is all supposed to be about fun and fairness, so let's make sure we all come into contests like this with the best intentions.

Happy Halloween folks and thanks for your patience while I got involved here :)

-Beby, --Tifa, Mark and 11 others like this.