What’s your toxic trait?

Discussion in 'Best Of' started by shebeenafan, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Toxic can mean ‘unpleasant’ & a trait is a distiquishing quality so me constantly leading people on definitely reflects the thread topic☺️

2. [​IMG]
    If y’all are gonna argue about what toxic means then you need to look at the official definition(s).

shebeenafan likes this.
  3. LMAO😂😂😂😂

BunnyPirate likes this.
  4. I don't know precisely. But I think running my big mouth counts.

BunnyPirate and shebeenafan like this.
  5. Spending all my money on micro transactions

BunnyPirate likes this.
  6. I hate that I read it as "the dumpling of toxic waste". Ok brain.

BunnyPirate and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  7. Lmao that’s almost like me starting hella free trials & ending them before my subscription starts😂

8. I get clingy and then self sabotage relationships 😓 if I really really like someone, be it an friendship orintimate relationship I latch onto the person and if they don’t talk to me for awhile I assume I’ve done something wrong to upset them so then I lash out at them/other people they are close to. It sucks because i know in the moment that I’m doing it but I can’t seem to stop myself

9. Sounds like you just need a therapist to talk to

Xx-Lancelot-xX and Muschi like this.
  10. Went and seen one, she didn’t seem to think I needed her help so 🤷‍♀️ I guess this is just the way I gotta live life

BunnyPirate likes this.
  11. ...you know you can see multiple therapists until you find one you like, right?

12. Pe
    people also tend to need time and money to do that, of which I have neither

13. There are other ways of helping yourself sans person who gets paid to talk to/examine you. I rly dislike that everyone's go-to nowadays is a therapist, assuming that will help everyone 😔 self-therapy (exercising, hobbies, relaxation, being w frens) and generally fixing your life situation (new jobs, learning new skills, getting away from abusive peeps, etc) will often cure most sadnesses.

-Amy-, Zelda, Victoria and 2 others like this.
  14. Sure but self help doesn’t always work either. My go to is therapy because self help hasn’t always been helpful for me but I don’t assume that it will always help everyone.

Muschi and EatTheRude like this.
  15. I agree with both of you guys! I usually choose the self care route/venting to friends but I’ve always wanted to see a therapist just to get an unbiased perspective about my probs lol

Muschi, EatTheRude and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  16. Also I’d like to say I understand you guys are just trying to be helpful and I apologize if I’m coming if as ungrateful or a pain in the butt. I appreciate it really, I recently moved so I’ll will see if there are more options here for therapy

17. From personal experience, therapy did amazing for me. I understand it isn't for everyone but I do encourage others to give it a try. People assume that because they didn't mesh with one therapist, that it isn't going to work so it helps to remind people that therapists have different approaches so you aren't going to like every single one! As an American though I told understand cost restraints. :(

shebeenafan and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  18. Being a sad boi...
    and not even doing that melancholy well nuff

19. I sometimes let past experiences with people prevent me from trusting new people based on actions or words that seem similar between the two, and I also tend to keep records on anyone who seems overly friendly or that tries to get close if I don’t have a clear understanding of what is in it for them.

Much like a hedgehog or porcupine... the toxicity sometimes protects me from being consumed by snakes and vile vermin. Historically, it has only been a matter of time before an overwhelming majority of my suspicions were proven correct. It is unclear whether this choice of protecting myself has hindered my progression or enhanced it.

shebeenafan likes this.
  20. Being able to, 100% ignore toxic behavior.