Upcoming Changes + New Chat and Dorm Towers!

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by ATAMarceline, Apr 23, 2018.

1. An Important Message from the PIMD Game Developers

"Hi folks,

We wanted to write you a little note to give you a heads up about some upcoming changes. Now that finals are over, we are going to be doing a lot of cool stuff over the summer. Some of our updates will be experiments that we change over time. Some of them will be small and some will be very big. Some of the changes will only affect new users, and some will be only for the most hardcore players. Just let us know what you like and don’t like. You can do this in the forums or through in-game Help. Today we are only launching a couple of small changes, but they affect everyone. Marceline has more info below."

Hey, this is Marceline. The first few changes we're launching today are visual improvements to the chat channels and dorm towers! To experience these new things, make sure to head over to your App Store and update your app!

Be like Drake.

Chat Channels

NOTE:
    Chat channel updates are currently only out for iOS users. The Android update will follow shortly!

Dorm Tower

Muschi likes this.
  2. Re: Upcoming Changes New Chat and Dorm Towers!

First tho

3. Re: Upcoming Changes New Chat and Dorm Towers!

So, just visual changes?

4. Re: Upcoming Changes New Chat and Dorm Towers!

I like it

5. Cool. Since you're already doing visual changes, you should add how much stats each new dormmate has on that screen where you buy them

6. not a fan of a few things on the profile interface as it stands, specifically:

-no club title

-hire value not being displayed above or below pup - that just makes sense imo

-"popularity" being the first thing on profile - not really relevant for anything, and especially not the first thing anyone needs to see when viewing a profile

-accepted gifts not displaying names - avatars don't really make sense to show here, they don't add any information. imo either display the name or don't display any sender info unless clicked on

-showcase barely visible unless you click see all - oftentimes when people are viewing someones profile, it's for trading purposes, which makes showcases one of the most important things on one's profile. as such, it should be the most prominent and easy-to-view and navigate sections on the page

-tutor names not being displayed unless you click on them - makes finding a tutor or stripping in a hurry much more frustrating because one click turns into 4 clicks and a scroll through a columnized list. i LOVE the list format once clicked on, but tutors should still be displayed with names in the short view. also, all visible tutors should be displayed in that short view without having to click on them, considering it's only 20 and it already displays like 10

-unlabelled buttons (atk/hire/rs/etc) - confusing, especially for inexperienced users and doubly especially for new users who just downloaded the game and don't even really know what an attack or hire is, nevermind where the button would be or what it would look like with no indication of what it does. i mean, down in the privacy section you have an explanation of what "block" "report" and "friend/unfriend" do even though those are clearly labelled and self-explanatory options - why are those explained but not the unlabelled, potentially confusing buttons? feels inconsistent and unintuitive

however, i do really like full avatars being visible, and likr i said, being able to scroll through peoples tutors with prices and stats visible is super awesome. the % being shown for wins/losses, and the "x has left your club" in cc are also nice.

7. the top part of profile is honestly just a lot of uniform-looking information in a small space and it's confusing to my brain. part of that might just be me being used to the old format, but it definitely needs to be broken up. perhaps display the str/int beside each other as red and blue again but keep it at the top? i think there just really needs to be an hierarchy of information there somehow

8. oh, and when you click to drop a tutor, i really like that it displays the bonus that you'd lose, but it needs more explanation - it displays that my strength is 125,000, but ill lose 1.77mil if i drop steven? that doesn't make any sense  it should show your current TB and the TB you'd lose upon dropping, imo

9. with tuts i understand that it's showing the increase to your base hit but that's not how TB is displayed so i feel like it should be consistent with that. either display TB as the literal increase to your raw hit, or display hiring/dropping tuts with your TB as opposed to literal increase/decrease

10. okay im done sorry LOL

11. I like that the avatar is fully displayed but I agree with Kitten. It makes it difficult seeing showcases and gifts and stuff. Also I don't like how the dormmates look. Just my opinion ?

12. It's not horrible though. I could get used to it 

13. Change back the normal profile stuff tho?

14. Not a big fan of any of the visual/layout changes lately. Like stated previously seeing the whole avatar is nice, but the other parts that no longer show would be nice to have back.

Club titles are used a lot in my club to keep track of activity levels. Not having that show on profiles makes it a bit more tedious.

The smaller showcase isn't that big of a deal but was nice when it showed more. Accepted gifts could be made into a smaller section and showcase take up more maybe.

Buttons just having images and not what they're actually used for can get confusing especially if you don't know the basics of the game.

As for the newsfeed, I don't like how a player that applies is shown as accepted on cc rather than through the news. It made more sense to show in the news with the request rather than a completely different screen. Also don't know why the club as a whole needs to be bothered with cc spam of people leaving and joining. I do like it saying when the party has started over when it's been initiated though.

Don't see the point in changing the looks of the dorm to a dorm tower either. Just seems like a lot of things were made more complex with these changes when simplicity would be much better.

15. Yeah I agree with the club accepting/joining/leaving aspect. It's difficult to keep track of who is actually accepted and who leaves when it pops up on cc (especially if you have an active chat). Plus, if there's lbh or flash, cc would be crazy lol.

Also, how it brings you immediately to the accept/reject club members when clicking on the notification isn't too bad, but it's a pain when that person isn't accepted and you want to wall them to come back or something, because there's no link and there's no way I'm typing their name to track them down lol.

Anyway, I'm on iOS and don't have the new profile layout yet, but from the pics I've seen it look too condensed, like everything isn't given enough space.

And the whole thing with the unlabeled buttons. If you've played before it's not too hard to figure out, but for newbies they're probably already overwhelmed so ?‍♀️

16. The changes to my profile i really dont like it i prefer the old style please change it back

17. Re: Upcoming Changes New Chat and Dorm Towers!

My profile hasn’t changed

18. I donnnnnnn't carrrrrrrreeeeeeee

I thought you should know

19. Good points. Thank you.