Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jaidah, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Strikes like that don't work in Canada when there's so many ppl ready to take your job. Maybe in Australia it's different idk

2. Would they want the job if they knew they wouldn't get tipped? 💀
    Besides, striking is about more than that. Their active work force ceases to perform for a particular issue. Rehiring everyone is impossible but even if they did that, if you strike again, it's still a big blow. The impact of strikes isn't diminished by the demand on the job.

Piggys24 likes this.
  3. If you can't support, or don't want a baby you shouldn't be having sêx

4. Banana... ketchup...? :eek:

WildBlueberry likes this.
  5. I think some ppl are desperate enough that they'll take their $4 an hour and pretend to be happy about it.

6. It's the best ketchup there is

7. The pleasure is meant to motivate us to have children. By using protection, we exploit the benevolent breadcrumb trail and don't honour its purpose, and existence.

WildBlueberry and Angee like this.
  8. I'm sure that if you told them that striking would lead to an increase in wages, they'd join in. If they are desperate enough for the job, I bet they're desperate enough to strike.

Piggys24 likes this.
  9. Realize that if it were that simple, people would have already done it.

Vo and Muschi like this.
  10. Striking under any kind of circumstances is problematic in a profession like that. If they organise a wildcat strike (not giving their employers proper notice of their intent to strike) they can be let go in the snap of a finger, and this is a job that anyone can do. Their existence in the company is as dispensable as a wet tampon. A go-slow is immediately dismissable. Also, the amount of time, energy and money it would take to perform a legal strike would be counterproductive seeing as they're barely making any money to begin with. Also, the company could still find loopholes to let them go because it costs them their profits to have employees striking. They'll drop em like hot Cheetos and find others who are willing to do the job with a smile because they're even more desperate. It's unfortunate that those are the circumstances that people work under but it isn't their fault. Tips help big time.

Vo, Wesday and Muschi like this.
  11. Storming area 51 was a good idea.

Piggys24, Buwbuw, Vo and 1 other person like this.
  12. Why have strikes ever worked?

13. Because skilled labors aren't as expendable as unskilled workers

14. Public sector workers who strike within their legal rights often have some or most of their needs met. There are enough of them that, banning together, their collective voices will be heard by their employers. Public waste removal and transportation workers strike more often than most when their basic needs are not met.

15. 🤣I know this might start a shitshow but here goes:

Anti-abortion people who are biologically female should volunteer to be surrogates for women with embryos who are seeking abortions.

16. That would require a foetus transplant... Afaik they don't do this. It sounds risky and too expensive. Surrogates usually only take the sperm and just make the baby with their own egg.

This is silly and too much.

17. 1. This makes legit no sense

2. Another unpopular opinion: while I am pro-choice, I don't think pro-lifers are the morons that everyone makes them out to be. Abortion is not a great thing for anyone and is rly hard on the body and can be mentally traumatic. Also, pro-lifers literally believe you are murdering a person. If most ppl thought someone was getting murdered ofc they'd be up in arms about it and outrageously upset. So I tend to be more gentle and understanding towards pro-lifers and I think other ppl could stand to be, too, if anyone had any actual interest in convincing ppl that abortion is necessary sometimes.

Piggys24 likes this.
  18. 🤔but the baby won’t get aborted and the woman who seeks an abortion won’t have to bring the baby to full term. It’s a win-win.

I’m just saying if you want to tell people what to do with their own bodies, take responsibility for it.

And let’s reiterate it’s called unpopular opinion for a reason

19. Also Nutella tastes like culo 🤢

Affliction and Jaidah like this.
  20. "This legit makes no sense."

There is nothing scientifically possible about it all.