Tutor Etiquette

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by JudgeRiven, Apr 14, 2019.

1. What procedure do you follow before hiring a tut? Does it change if you know the pupil is in sfw?

I almost always never ask, if I want to hire a tutor I just strip it from the owner so they can't hire back.
    BUT
    if they're a friend I ask and then probably end up hiring even if they say no.

2. Uh what? I don’t know tbh. I’ve had the one tutor for forever

3. I asked figured, not Mew. If they are underpriced I just hire, don't always ask. That's on the pup imo.

4. Requires too much effort to check and all, I just tap hire

5. UP I'll just force volley, free money. ??‍♀️ Generally speaking though, I only hire tuts when I'm hitting, asking permission to strip would be a bit weird. :lol:

6. I personally don’t strip tuts or even buy any for the matter.
    Though when I was a newer player I would always strip from people who annoyed me and I made sure to sell them all away to other players

10. Well, I used to check for sfw banners, which I'd respect (unless tut was veeeeeery cheap for pupil's stats). Now I hire straight from market without checking anything most times. Not even if the tut is active or not. I only care about price/stats.

Throughout the years, I've gotten "dnhmt" (don't hire my tuts) posts several times, some bossy, some rude, some very nice. My response may vary depending on the attitude I perceive from the person posting. Either way, I always tell them that if it's not me, someone else will hire "their" tuts simply because market is open to everyone.

What annoyed me the most was mcs people crying over 300m overpriced inactive tutors. It's 300m only and your tutor sucks, anyway, smh :? .

BlissfulBubbles likes this.
  11. Or the "tough farmer" threatening over a $1k 1mcs tutor. I hate when people attempts to twist market flow at their own advantage with threats or whatever.

12. I just hire who I want to hire- I don't even check their pupil.
    If someone asks me not to hire them, I play it case by case.
    Like, if the tutor isn't too underpriced and the pupil is in SFW, I may let them keep the tutor.
    If someone gives me attitude about hiring, I'll politely remind them tuts are open market. If they continue to be rude, I'll continue to hire until they are overpriced or, if I can't afford to keep going, I'll be petty and hire other tuts off of them and hit them for that money. :)

13. I don’t even check who owns it usually. If it's someone i like and they ask me not to hire back i'll listen. If it's a rando and they bìtch on my wall i will hire til i get bored

14. There is no right or wrong. However, you can't expect people to react a certain way. A lot will take hires personally. A lot may retaliate if you don't double check and see someone's in sfw and it costs them.

15. I was gonna drop her, you have at it.

16. Looks like he already did 'have at it'

17. I check out if their pupil is active but I usually hire without asking. If they hire back quickly, I won't hire again. If they hire back after a week or more, that tut is MINE.

18. This but if I get wall posts, I'm pretty much gonna overprice them every time. And if it's an mcs player complaining, I'll likely hit them cause you should know better by now!

19. If your status says “Don’t hire me or my tuts”....they all getting hired and FV. I may even UL Bc you’re an idiot for having ur status as that.

20. #ForgotToCheckThisThread