Thinking of You

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Call-Me-Q, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Part 157: Zach's Point of View

 4 months later 

I felt something wet around me. Like water. My eyes open and slowly adjusted to the dark. The clock shown brightly into the dim room. 3:03 a.m.

I rolled over and turned the light on. The room was shining brightly. My eyes traveled down to Chloe, who was sleeping soundly beside me.

I smiled and wrapped my arm around my wife's waist. Her pregnant belly sticking out. I felt wetness again. My eyes widened as a realization came across me. "Chloe." I gently shook her shoulders. "Baby, wake up." She swatted my hand away. "Chloe! Come on, Mrs. Bennett. Time to get up, baby."

Her eyes slowly opened and she looked at me. "It's time." I whispered as I kissed her lips quickly. I could feel her breath catch as she comprehended what I had told her.

She shot out of bed, but sat back down quickly and groaned in pain. "Zach, it hurts." She whimpered.

"I know baby, I know." I grabbed the bag of clothes we had ready and held my hand out to her. "Come on, let's go to the car." She tried to get up but she doubled over in pain again. I thought she wasn't supposed to be in pain yet? I picked her up bridal style and carried her to the car.

"Zach.. it hurts." She groaned, clutching her belly. I rubbed her leg in a soothing manner.

"I'm so sorry baby. You're going to be okay. We're on our way to the hospital, just breathe." She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "There you go baby, just like that."

She kept taking deep breaths all of the way to the hospital and she would occasionally groan in pain. I tried to soothe her as best I could, but she was in so much discomfort and I didn't know what to do to help her.

The car pulled up into the hospital parking lot. I got out quickly and ran over to the passenger's side. "Can you make it inside? Do you want me to carry you?" I asked frantically trying to help her out of the car.

"I-I uhh." She groaned again. "I got it. Just don't leave my side." I nodded and wrapped an arm around her waist to stabilize her.

We walked into the hospital together, I had called them when we were in the car to let them know we were coming. They had someone waiting outside with a wheelchair for her. "Go ahead baby, sit down." She shut her eyes and sat in the chair.

The nurse wheeled her off into a room, where I soon followed behind.

The nurse had her lay down in the hospital bed and the doctor soon came in. I made sure a woman delivered our baby, it seems awkward if a man did it. I wanted Chloe to be as comfortable as possible.

The doctor turned to me and nodded, after about two hours, letting me know it was time for Chloe to push. I kissed the top of her head. "You can do it baby." I said as I took her hand. "Squeeze my hand when you feel pain."

My hand was on fire by time I heard a baby crying. My eyes traveled away from Chloe's face and saw a little blood covered baby, our baby. "Zach, would you like to cut the cord?" The doctor asked. Chloe's hand fell from mine, she looked exhausted. "She's going to need some rest Zach, don't worry. It's normal." I nodded before I cut the umbilical cord.

They took him out of the room to clean him up, make sure he was completely healthy. Which left me in the room, alone with Chloe. She was still in the bed, but she was sleeping. I could tell by her breathing pattern.

She was exhausted. I sighed as I walked over to her and climbed in bed, laying down next to her with my arm around her. Our hearts were beating at the same time. I laid there for a few hours and then I softly began talking to her.

"You did amazing baby." I slowly stroked her cheek. "I'm so so so proud of you. Our son is beautiful. I can't wait for you to see him." Her eyes fluttered open. I smiled and kissed her on the cheek. "Good morning, mommy." I winked at her and tried to contain my chuckle. "Would you like to meet your son?"

Her eyes traveled to mine and she slowly nodded. I got up and picked him up from the small crib. I passed him carefully from my arms to Chloe's. A small smile spread across her face.

Her finger extended out to stroke his little face. I smiled down at her and wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

"Welcome to the family, Carter." She whispered.

2. AHHHHHHHH! CARTER!!!! bump!

3. bump!!!!! 

4. AWWWW...sniff sniff

Soooo cuutee

5.  that brought a tear to my eye. Beautiful 

6. This is the most perfect story of life!! You are an amazing writer rosie!! BUMPP 

7. AWWWGHHHHHZZ. BUMP. BUMP. BUMP. BUMP. NAWW.