Thinking of You

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Call-Me-Q, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Part 15: Zach's Point of View

"Bye, beautiful." I said barely above a whisper as she walked away.

After Chloe left, I didn't really have anything to do. I just wandered around. She looked so worried, I wonder who she was on the phone with. On the bright side, she looked so beautiful in my shirt.

I normally don't like it when people wear my clothes, but I would give Chloe my whole wardrobe to see her in them. That's why I wanted her to keep my shirt, so no matter what I was with her.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. Josh. (Remember him now. ) It was a text.

 MUNCHIES 911! Get me gummy sharks! How dare you eat them all! The gummy gods are coming for you Zach. Watch yourself. 

I rolled my eyes and sent Ali a text. 'Your boyfriend is a moron.' I clicked send and put my phone back in my pocket.

I walked back to our house to give Josh the gummy sharks. When I walked in he was sitting against the wall staring at the floor. He had the dumbest expression on his face.

I chucked the gummy sharks at his head. His eyes widened when he saw what it was. "THE GUMMY GODS HAVE ANSWERED MY PRAYERS!"

I love this guy. I just laughed and shook my head at him. It was really hot in our room so I took my jacket off.

Josh dropped the bag of gummy sharks and his jaw dropped to the floor. I looked down to see what he was looking at.

Crap. I was still shirtless. I scrambled to get a shirt out of my dresser quickly because Josh was still staring at me.

"I would totally go gay for you." I looked at him and almost chucked my shoe at his head. "Seriously dude. You're gorgeous. I mean DAMN. You've got abs like a god!"

"Josh shut up! You're making me feel uncomfortable! Not to mention you're like the straightest guy I know. AND you have a girlfriend! Of 5 years."

"That was before I saw what a nice body you have. I would ta-"

"Josh shut up! You are seriously weirding me out!" He must be on some sort of new thing. He's seen me shirtless before and has never said anything. After all, he's been my best friend my whole life. I even sleep without a shirt on most nights.

"Seriously bro. Why were you shirtless? I could've sworn you had one on earlier." He looked extremely confused like he was trying to figure out what I was wearing.

I explained the whole story about the waitress spilling water on Chloe, to going to the park, to her leaving suddenly, to us meeting tomorrow at the cafe.

"You like her! Duuuuude! Oh this is gonna be good. It's gonna be miraculous! Spectacular even! Stupendous!"

"JOSH! Enough with the adjectives. I have to go take a shower."

"I'll be thinking about y-"

"Josh. Don't even finish that sentence. Ever again."

After I got out of the shower I saw a note from Josh. He was nowhere to be seen.

 Dear Zacharoo,
    I went to the store.
    Annnnd, somewhere else. *wink wink*
    See ya later buddyy.
    Luuuuh you. -Sir Joshua.

I added it to my folder where I keep things Josh has given me when 'Under the Influence'. They're really funny to read when I'm having a bad day. Those used to be the things that would cheer me up when I was down. But now all I had to do was picture Chloe's smiling face, or her cute face when she bites her lips. I can't help it. She's the most beautiful girl in the world. I'm sure of it.

There are 4 things I'm absolutely sure of.

1. Josh is a moron.
    2. Chloe is the most beautiful girl in the world.
    3. I think I'm falling in love with her.
    4. I'm not letting her slip through my fingers.

2. more! Right now!

3. bump!!!!! ii  it 

4. Part 16: Chloe's Point of View

I woke up early in the morning before my alarm clock went off. I quickly turned it off before Jane woke up and came in here. I touched my cheek and winced. A surge of pain shot through my face.

I got up and went into the bathroom. You could see her handprint perfectly, like it was painted onto my cheek. Crap. How am I going to cover this up? I can't say I fell.. You can clearly see a handprint. I don't have any make-up because I don't wear it.

"Chloe. Your ass better be awake. I need you to go get something for me." I knocked over the toothpaste, she scared me. I started to shake just at the sound of her voice.

She came into my room and looked at my cheek. "Ohh what happened there?" I shot her a glare, but I bit my tongue. I didn't want her to hurt me again. "You should figure out some way to cover that up. I need you to run to the store and get me some beer."

"Um Jane, I can't. I'm only 17. I'm sorry." I saw her curl her fingers into a fist. I backed up so I was out of her reach. I tried to make myself as small as possible.

"Damn it Chloe. You're useless." She turned and stormed out of my room kicking my trash can over and knocking knocking perfume bottles off my shelf.

I saw one hit the floor and shatter. "No." I whispered. This can't be happening. Not that one. I felt a tear slide down my cheek. My mother had given that to me for my 13th birthday. It was the last thing I had from her, that reminded me of her.

I curled up into a ball and cried. The tears came down one after one. Why did they have to leave me? Especially to leave me with Jane. She's the meanest person I know. She's cruel. I heard the front door slam and I peeked out my window to see Jane getting in her car and speeding away. I know she won't be back today. She won't be back for a week, actually. Every year she leaves for a week.

I looked at my calendar. September 11th. Yep, she's right on schedule.

I glanced at the clock. 12:00 p.m. Crap, I'm supposed to meet Zach in 2 hours. I took a shower and then started looking through my closet. Jeans and a black sweater. Sounds good to me. I looked back at the clock. 1:15. I would leave in 15 minutes.

I walked downstairs and switched the tv on. All over the tv they were talking about 9/11 and remembering everyone who died. I turned the tv off and just sat there to think.

After about 25 minutes had gone by, I left the house. It was cold outside, so it's a good thing I brought a jacket with me.

I walked up to the cafe to see Zach standing there. He was looking the other way, but he was as handsome as ever. He was thinking very hard about something.

He turned his head towards me. A huge grin spread across his face after he saw me approaching. After he got closer, his grin slowly faded and was replaced with a concerned look.

He reached up and ran his fingers across me cheek. I tensed up and gasped in pain when they ran across where Jane's hand had been. His eyes looked watery. "I'm sorry." He whispered. "Chloe, what happened?"

"Oh it's um. It's nothing. I'm fine." His face turned into a very serious look. His jaw was set and his right fingers were curled in to make a fist. His left hand was still gently stroking my cheek. His face was very close to mine, I could smell his minty fresh breath.

"Chloe, please. Tell me who did this to you. Please." He was begging me to tell him. He looked hurt and his eyes began to water. I shook my head. I couldn't tell that my own sister had done this to me. He pulled me into a tight hug. His strong arms wrapped around my body.

"I promise I won't let anyone hurt you ever again Chloe. I promise." His voice was just above a whisper. I felt something wet hit the skin exposed on my shoulder. I looked up and saw that Zach was crying.

Hmm.. 

5. bump! 

6. Part 17: Zach's Point of View

I got to the cafe early, I just couldn't wait to see Chloe. I sat there thinking about her, her eyes, her hair, the electricity that runs through me whenever we touch. I turned my head the other way and saw a beautiful girl walking towards me. A huge smile spread across my lips, showing me teeth. "Chloe." I said under my breath. I started walking towards her, still smiling like an idiot. When I got closer, close enough to see every detail of her face, my smile faded.

There was a black and blue handprint on her right cheek. Who touched her? I swear, I'll kill them. My face was filled with concern. I reached up and ran my fingers across her cheek, making sure I was gentle.

She tensed up when my hand lightly stroked the handprint. I heard her gasp, probably from being in pain.

I felt tears stinging at my eyes, I can't stand seeing her in pain. Why couldn't that of happened to me instead? "I'm sorry." I whispered. "Chloe, what happened?"

"Oh it's um. It's nothing. I'm fine." My fingers curled to make a fist and my jaw was set. I couldn't believe someone hurt her. My left hand was still gently stroking her cheek. I moved my face closer to hers, she smelled so good. She was chewing fruity gum. I considered kissing her. Not until after she's mine.

"Chloe, please. Tell me who did this to you. Please." I was hurt, my eyes began to water when she shook her head. It's alright, she doesn't have to tell me, I understand. I pulled her small body closer to me and wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her into a tight hug. "I promise I won't let anyone hurt you ever again, Chloe. I promise." My voice was just above a whisper. That was a promise I intended to keep. I felt a tear escape my eyes, it rolled down my cheek and hit her shoulder.

I reluctantly released her and cleared my throat. "Let's go inside. I'll get you anything you want." I wiped my eyes to make sure there weren't tears on my cheeks anymore.

I held the door open for her and she walked in. She sat at a table by the window. I stood there for a moment and watched the sun reflect off her face. Her beautiful face that now had a mark across it.

"Uh Zach? Aren't you coming?" She laughed as I cluelessly stood there, staring right at her. I shook my head to get myself out of that trance and walked towards her to sit down.

Chloe got a hot chocolate, I got a coffee, and we both chocolate chip muffins. I wouldn't tell her this, but I consider this our first date. But there was a part of me that wanted to take her somewhere a little more glamorous for our first date. After we became official, of course. And I have no idea when that will be.

"So I was thinking we could make a movie of the play. We got Romeo and Juliet by the way. But we need more people in order to do it." She bit her lip and looked up at me. She looked like an angel with the sun reflecting off of her like that.

I cleared my throat. "Um ye-yeah. A movie sounds great. As for the extra people, I have someone I want you to meet." I got up and took her hand.

She looked very confused. My lips formed a crooked smile as I led her towards my house. Our hands were still locked together, I never wanted to let her go.

7. Part 18: Chloe's Point of View

Zach stood up from the table urgently and grabbed my hand. Sparks. "I have someone I want you to meet." He flashed me that adorable crooked smile. I was a little nervous. Damn, it's cold outside.

I started to shiver. "Chloe, are you cold?" I shook my head, I didn't want to let go of his hand. It was so warm. Zach pulled his hand away from mine. He started to take his jacket off.

"Zach, I'm fine. Really." He didn't listen to me. Instead he handed it to me. I felt my cheeks start to burn. "Thank you." He just nodded.

We kept walking until we showed up at this cute looking house. It was very big, but it's adorable. I noticed that we were still within walking distance of the college. There was a black Range Rover on the left side of the house, in the driveway.

I could tell no one had used it in a while. Zach held the front door open for me. "Uh, Zach.. Why are we here?" He laughed.

"I live here." He smiled at me. I felt really awkward. "and I live here with someone else too. My roommate."

I felt myself go pale. Oh god. This is it. It's going to be his girlfriend. Gosh. Why am I so stupid? I knew he is too good to be true. Nobody is that perfect.

Just then I heard a voice. "No! I love YOU more!" I couldn't make out the face, but a guy, around Zach's age, was at the top of the staircase. I let out a sigh of relief. At least it wasn't a girl, if that's even his roommate.

"Damn it. Not the gummy sharks." I don't think I was supposed to hear that, but Zach's cheeks flushed a deep shade of red. He turned to me. "I'm sorry about him." Zach turned again so he was facing the stairs. "Yo Josh come down here. I have someone I want you to meet."

"That is SIR Joshua to you, peasant. Now, go make me some food. Make yourself useful." Josh walked downstairs holding a package of gummy sharks like it was a baby. He turned towards me. "Well hello there fair maiden." He reached for my hand and kissed it.

I could see Zach tense up from the corner of my eye. He shot Josh a very dirty look. Josh just smirked, hr still hadn't let my hand go. "May I ask for your hand in marriage?"

Zach stepped in front of me. His cheeks were a deep shade of red. "That's enough Josh. Go to the kitchen, I'll be there in a minute."

Josh held his hands up, in surrender. He walked away muttering, " The commoner has ordered his king to the kitchen, that's a first."

After Josh was out of hearing distance, Zach turned to me. "I'm uh, I'm sorry about him. He's uhm.. Well, we call it 'Under the Influence', in other words, he's high, but he's harmless." I gave him a worried look. "Oh. Don't worry, I would never touch that stuff. Not for me. Josh is just.. Well Josh. You'll see what I mean as you spend more time with him."

"HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY AUTHORITY! OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!" Josh's voice came loudly from the kitchen.

I chuckled under my breath. I saw Josh in the kitchen holding a knife up to an apple. He had a crazed look in his eyes.

Zach cleared his throat. "Uh come on. Let's go upstairs." We began walking up the stairs and he led me to a room that I assume was his.

He looked through a dresser until he found a long sleeved shirt. On the shirt it said, 'Division State Champs. AAU Hoops.'

He handed it to me. "Change into this. So you're not cold anymore." He sat down on his bed and started twirling his thumbs.

I cleared my throat. "Ummm.. Zach?" His cheeks turned a bright shade of red.

"Oh uhm uh sorry. I'll just uh, yeah come downstairs when y-you're d-done." He basically ran out of the room. I heard his footsteps going down the stairs.

As I was pulling his shirt on over my head I heard Josh yell, "BE GONE SATAN!"

8. Bump!! I love this:)

9. Part 19: Zach's Point of View

I cleared my throat, nervous habit. Josh would be the one to make me look like I lived with a crazy person. "Uh come on. Let's go upstairs." We began walking up the stairs. I led her to my room. I was looking through my dresser trying to find a long sleeved shirt so she wouldn't be cold. I finally found my shirt. '2010 Division State Champs. AAU Hoops.' That's right. I played basketball all through school. Starting pointguard.

I handed my shirt to her. "Change into this. So you're not cold anymore." I awkwardly sat down on my bed, playing with my fingers.

She cleared her throat, my head snapped up. She was standing there looking at me like she was waiting for me to do something. "Ummm.. Zach?" She looked down at my shirt in her hands. Sh*t. She probably thinks I'm a pervert. That's just perfect. My cheeks started burning.

"Oh uhm uh sorry. I'll just uh, yeah come down when y-you're d-done." I ran out of my room and started going downstairs.

As soon as I entered the kitchen, Josh looked at me and screamed, "BE GONE SATAN!"

"Josh! Shut up dude. You're embarrassing me!" I went over and smacked the side of his head. "Seriously! What's the matter with you?!"

He looked extremely pissed. "How dare you lay a hand on the royal head of your king! Get back in your cage!"

I put on my most serious face, but on the inside I was laughing my ass off. I love it when Josh is 'Under the Influence'. I never know what he takes, but he's hysterical every time.

"Seriously, Josh I'm not kidding. Oh and by the way, I know you're messed up, but please, never touch Chloe again."

Josh held his hands up in surrender. Just then Chloe walked in wearing my shirt. She smiled and walked towards me.

"Let's go outside." I nodded my head towards the door. Josh put down his apple and started following me. "Josh, not you."

"I see how it is. Choosing the pretty girl over your bestest friend in the whole wide world. I'M GLAD I MEAN NOTHING TO YOU!" He turned and stormed into the living room.

"He'll be fine." I assured Chloe. She looked like she thought I seriously hurt his feelings. "Come on let's go."

I led her out back where we had the swings. When we moved in, Josh insisted that we put swings into our backyard. So here they are.

"So what's the story?" I looked at her and gave her a questioning look. "You know, behind the whole 'Sir Joshua' thing. I grinned.

Now this is a good story..

10. bump!!!!! 

11. Bump:)

12. *Flashback*
    Josh and I were at a wedding. It was his aunt's wedding. I was invited because my own mother was a bridesmaid. We were all dancing and having a really good time. I know Josh had disappeared somewhere because I saw Ali alone.

Suddenly I heard something crash. I turned my head to see Josh standing by the ice sculpture. "RAWR! I AM SANDRA! THE DRAGON LADY!"

I looked over at the bridesmaids' table. Josh's cousin, Sandra was sitting there. She looked pissed off to the extreme. Josh was accurate though. Sandra wasn't very nice.

My attention turned back to Josh as he did somersaults across the dance floor, a few ninja moves thrown in as well. He was headed toward me and Ali.

"Don't worry, princess Ali! The dragon lady shall not harm you! For it is I, Sir Joshua! I have come to save the beautiful princess.

Ali's face turned bright red. She dragged him out of the tent. However, on the way out he looked at Sandra. "Consider yourself slain. Poof. Dragon lady all gone." Sandra was absolutely fuming.

For the rest of the night, Josh wouldn't listen to anyone unless they called him 'Sir Joshua' and congratulated him on saving the beautiful princess.
    *End Flashback*

Chloe was laughing hysterically. My heart started to beat faster, as it normally did when I'm around her. After she caught her breath, she managed to choke out a few words. "Oh my gosh! He's so funny!"

I just nodded, he is really funny. "Well, I should probably be going back to my house now. I always like being home today. You know, 9/11 and all."

"Well then let's go. I'll walk you."

We walked back to her house, it was almost dark out now. Our hands occasionally touched. Every time they did, I still got that rush of electricity.

We were at her front door now.

"Goodnight Chloe." I said smiling.

"Goodnight Zach." She whispered as she closed the door. I started walking back down the driveway.

I turned around when I heard her door open. She looked down as she stuck a stray piece of hair behind her ear.

"Um, Zach?" I looked up at her wondering what she was going to say. "Would you mind um, staying with me tonight?"

You know the drill. 

13. Omg bump!!!! Love it!:)

14. bump!!!!!!!! 

15. More! More! More! I love it :) Bump 

16. Part 20: Zach's Point of View

I smiled at her and started walking towards her. "No problem. I'll just send Josh a text."

My fingers started flying over the keyboard. Holy crap. I was shaking. Josh replied within minutes.

 'Notta problem buddy. Oh btw, condoms are a glorious thing. 

He's such a moron. I'm not gonna try anything on Chloe. I wouldn't even think about it, there's no way I would want her to be uncomfortable around me.

"Everything alright?" I was inside Chloe's house now, I saw her standing behind me.

"Yeah. Everything's great." I flashed her a smile. "Won't your parents' mind that I'm here?" Normally parents are really uptight about people, mainly boys around their daughters, especially Dads. I would actually love to meet Chloe's dad. I bet her mom is the sweetest person ever.

"Uhm, no. They're not here." Business trip, probably I thought.

"Oh where are they?" I was very curious. No one should be left alone, especially Chloe.

"Uh they uh t-they.." She was trying to hold back tears. I shouldn't have asked. I'm so stupid. Ugh. "My parents.. They died.." She started crying. I wrapped my arms tightly around her.

"They were in the plane weren't they?" She nodded her head. Her body was shaking. "Chloe, I'm so sorry. I had no idea. I'm so sorry." I whispered against her hair. "Here, uh let's not talk about that. Would you like to watch some movies?"

She led to the living room. "Scary movie?" I told her that I would watch whatever she wanted. She put on a scary movie. "I'm gonna go put my pajamas on." I nodded and watched her go upstairs.

I decided I would 'change' into my pajamas too. I was already wearing shorts so I just took my jacket and shoes off. Ready for bed, even though I normally sleep shirtless. I'll have to deal tonight.

Chloe came downstairs wearing my shirt, and a pair of shorts. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail. Have I ever mentioned how gorgeous she was?

We both sat down on the couch. She pressed the play button. When the movie started, we were sitting close, but we weren't close enough to touch each other.

By the end of the movie, Chloe was practically in my lap and I had my arms around her. It stopped her from looking so terrified. She squealed at different parts of the movie. Scary movies clearly aren't her thing. I love them.

She seemed like she felt safe in my arms. After the movie ended, she turned on a romance one. "Is this alright? Most guys don't like chick flicks." She giggled, it was so adorable. I told her I was fine with whatever she wanted to watch.

Chloe fell asleep halfway through the movie. Her head was resting across my lap. I ran my fingers through her hair and watched her sleep. She look so peaceful. I bet she's having a good dream, a small smile started to form on her lips. Yep. She's having a good dream.

I gently moved her so she was no longer in my lap, I picked her up bridal style and started walking up the stairs. She wasn't heavy at all. I opened a door that in guessing was hers. My black shirt on the bed told me I was right.

I gently laid her down and pulled the covers up over her. I sat there for a while, running my fingers through her hair. I looked at her alarm clock. 1:57 a.m. I suddenly felt incredibly tired.

I leaned over and kissed Chloe on her forehead. "Goodnight beautiful." I whispered.