[SUGGESTION] Avatar Commissions

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Damon, Aug 20, 2019.

1. I know this probably won't happen, and everyone is probably going to tell me the many reasons why it won't happen, but I still want to suggest it! 😂

My suggestion is for a set fee, people could commission the artists of pimd with an idea of their perfect avatar. Then if pimd sold them in the store, the person who had it commissioned could get a pimkey for each sale.

I know it's probably unrealistic, but the idea intrigued me enough to type this out. Hope everyone's having an amazing day! 😊

Demonic_Empress and Pritam like this.
  2. I think the game artists would be too busy drawing the regular avatars, stat items, furni, et cetera to start doing commissions, especially since there's a constant steady flow of new content introduced.

Sloth, Rizky, Ciara and 2 others like this.
  3. Depends on the rate, and as long as thr stats aren't any higher than regular hunt avis, I'd be happy for this to happen... if they want to take the time and can think of an ec price that would be fair.

Only worries for me are this being a way to gain and unfair advantage in pvp by having a super overpowered avatar.

Damon and Muschi like this.
  4. I can also see a lot of people being upset in maybe the decline of quality of the types of avis already being released (event avatars and monthly avatars).

I know many people do not care about avi looks and focus on the stats, but a large userbase does primarily focus on the looks. They get quite a few complaints even now. Unless this commission is coming with a general decrease in the quantity of avatars released (which in itself could also cause some complaints), I could see a potential decline in quality.

Damon likes this.
  5. How about they could get that avi for free rather than a pimkey

Damon likes this.
  6. So the person that paid for the avatar to be commissioned doesn't get any gratuity payment? ATA has done gratuity payment before in some of their designs contest. The one that comes to mind is getting ECs for every purchase of a poster that the user designed. Let me see if I can find the thread on it.

edit: Found it! I have one of the posters in my dorm.

Damon likes this.
  7. Assuming that the stats were fair, and the artists could keep up with this it wouldn’t be a horrible idea.

PapiLovesHisTequila, Damon and Muschi like this.
  8. Exactly! I'm not sure what I decent price would be. Maybe somewhere between the cost of a 499ecs and a 999ecs? Like maybe 699ecs or something.

James and Damon like this.
  9. I’d think so!

It would definitely need to be rather pricey, as the artists would need ample time to complete them.

Damon and Muschi like this.
  10. Yeah I think that would be a good, fair price and the stats dont have to be wild, anywhere between 35-65% on either side would be nice, maybe less or more depending on how popular the avatar is, but overall it would allow for more custom avatars, ones that look more like me would be amazing imo and would add a little more diversity, which is never a bad thing 😄